Anyone feeling like they failed peds boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicago24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
cant sleep! So worried. Anyone else feeling the same? I know its normal to feel this way after tests but I've convinced myself I've failed!

Members don't see this ad.

Feel terrible about the exam... Know at least a dozen questions I got wrong. And I was was unsure about 25-30 questions each block.

I will say, if you walked out of that test with confidence, I would be worried. I took it back when it was paper on scantron. I often skipped questions and would go back. I remember I skipped like question 3 and when I walked out of the exam I thought I miss filled every question on the scantron from question 3 on because I initially skipped it (or did I?!).

You guys it'll be fine. Statistically speaking, your USMLE standard deviation will be about you board standard deviation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will say, if you walked out of that test with confidence, I would be worried. I took it back when it was paper on scantron. I often skipped questions and would go back. I remember I skipped like question 3 and when I walked out of the exam I thought I miss filled every question on the scantron from question 3 on because I initially skipped it (or did I?!).

You guys it'll be fine. Statistically speaking, your USMLE standard deviation will be about you board standard deviation.
Totally agree!

Agree with above- everyone feels like the failed- it's a hard test. But you passed almost assuredly. Congrats on being done!

cant sleep! So worried. Anyone else feeling the same? I know its normal to feel this way after tests but I've convinced myself I've failed!
I feel like I failed. They were rough

The question about the infant with the noisy breathing, was that bronchomalacia? It's been bothering me....

I am still not able to sleep over this! Am I going to be one of the 15-20% who fail this exam!?

On a related note... I'm going to get this going again by asking everyone's opinion on when results will be available... last year it was a day shy of 6 weeks from the final testing day that results came out. That would put us at November 30th, but last year we did not have Thanksgiving in there taking up time... thoughts?

On a related note... I'm going to get this going again by asking everyone's opinion on when results will be available... last year it was a day shy of 6 weeks from the final testing day that results came out. That would put us at November 30th, but last year we did not have Thanksgiving in there taking up time... thoughts?

Not that it matters to most people, but the ABP posted the in training exam scores, and redacted them a day later, so as of now, we still don't have our ITE scores. Not sure if that'll affect the board score release, but it doesn't bode well.

My guess is December 1. That will be the sixth Thursday following the exam week. That was the timeframe last year when I took the exam and the previous year as well.

Last year, ABP emailed candidates the notification of the results being available (on ABP) on Nov 20th, 2015 (very early in the am).
Exams were administered on October 6, 8, and 9, 2015.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, ABP emailed candidates the notification of the results being available (on ABP) on Nov 20th, 2015 (very early in the am).
Exams were administered on October 6, 8, and 9, 2015.

Everyone I know (including myself) who took the exam last year received their results on November 19th. This was well documented in my Facebook news feed by dozens of "Board Certified!" status updates.

Everyone I know (including myself) who took the exam last year received their results on November 19th. This was well documented in my Facebook news feed by dozens of "Board Certified!" status updates.
Perhaps you are correct because my score report is dated 11/19/2015.

My guess is December 1. That will be the sixth Thursday following the exam week. That was the timeframe last year when I took the exam and the previous year as well.

So this week maybe?
Just wish this would be over. I feel like I am one of the 15-20% that failed. I just want to know already so I can start getting ready for next year.

Last year scores were out 11/19, but they sent an email on 11/13 telling everyone to make sure they knew their login and password. If this is any indication, then we are at least 6+ days out. I wonder if we are looking at next week because of the Thanksgiving holidays.

Well, here we are, 6 weeks out, still nothing... I'm getting so anxious...

Yea I think it'll be at least another week, unfortunately. I've vacillated between I think I did ok so probably didn't fail to wait if you're confident then you probably failed to ok may I'm overthinking this, then back to I probably failed

Scores are up. I surprising passes. Congrats to all on being done. This was a hard test.

Since I started this post, better state for the record that I PASSED! I know this will help someone else like me next year who is desperately seeking reassurance about this difficult exam! Keep the faith and don't waste your time worrying about it like I did!

It's definitely not an easy exam but I would say it's not an impossible exam. It will take time to prepare for which can be hard during fellowship or working as an attending but with dedication, a reasonable amount of work, a study plan tailored to your learning style/needs it is feasible! Good luck to all.

I have a feeling the board pass rate this year is going to be considerably lower than in years' past, 80% or less. Hopefully this means they will have an easier exam next year.