Quantcast

anyone fill out fafsa yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hpets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone completed it and sent it into your respected school?

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've completed it, but I'm waiting for my dad to get me his info so I can submit.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
how did you finish all the tax questions? did you already do your taxes for last year you overachiever?

jrstephe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yeah, I already did mine, they tell you to come back later and fill in this year's tax return. I definitely hated to see there response---'You do not qualify for federal pell grants because you have a bachelor degree'.:mad:

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just used last years as an estimate - then you can go back and submit the actual numbers. I like to get my taxes done early Feb.

mmasurf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
you have till april to apply and its online so as long as you do it before your safe, they never run out of money.

Lemming

Hello
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
you have till april to apply and its online so as long as you do it before your safe, they never run out of money.
However, schools do run out of money, and many won't hand out small scholarships and grants until they receive your fafsa. Best to make a reasonable estimate and submit, then go back and correct it if necessary. The fafsa has a "will file" option when asking about taxes, so that they know your figures are not set in stone.

duho.O

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this is a really odd question, but my friend told me to fill out the form even though i haven't been accepted to a school yet...is this true?

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering...I know my school says I need to have my parent's financial info filled out too, but does that mean they also have to apply for pin numbers too? I was filling out the fafsa portion about my parent's finances and stopped at that point because I wasn't sure what to do.

Lemming

Hello
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nope. Unless they want to fill out that portion themselves. Otherwise, just have them use your pin and fill it in, or send you a copy of their taxes so you can fill it in. The school will eventually require a copy of their taxes anyway. In the previous post, submit even if you aren't accepted yet. You'll be one step ahead of the game when you do get accepted, it could be a little late if you get accepted in march or something like that.