You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone going to vet school with a partner/bf/gf?
Started by bluechis
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am going to Vet School to Find my BF and or Husband !
I have some bad news for you. It's a whole lotta ladies. And everyone is taken because we're all so great. 😛
Good thing I did not apply to Michigan then ! And my search goes beyond my class !I have some bad news for you. It's a whole lotta ladies. And everyone is taken because we're all so great. 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to Vet School to Find my BF and or Husband !
I have some bad news for you. It's a whole lotta ladies. And everyone is taken because we're all so great. 😛
Gotta find a school with a med school or dental school so someone can finance my future petsGood thing I did not apply to Michigan then ! And my search goes beyond my class !
Good thing I did not apply to Michigan then ! And my search goes beyond my class !
Who says I was only talking about Michigan? 😛
Gotta find a school with a med school or dental school so someone can finance my future pets
You should definitely lead with that.
"Hi, are you a future human doctor or dentist? Yeah, I'm seeking someone to finance my future zoo--er, I mean farm--er, I mean obviously just like a reasonable number of animals. You free?"
ExactlyYou should definitely lead with that.
"Hi, are you a future human doctor or dentist? Yeah, I'm seeking someone to finance my future zoo--er, I mean farm--er, I mean obviously just like a reasonable number of animals. You free?"
😛Who says I was only talking about Michigan?"
TOP schools are increasing their Guy Quota
"Hi said:Yes a neurosurgeon will do !
Hello I also have bad news for you. If you think you’re going to have the time to actively find, date and/or marry guys, you would likely be mistaken.I am going to Vet School to Find my BF and or Husband !
To quote my married classmate, “yeah I haven’t seen my husband in over a week now. I know he’s still here because food shows up in the refrigerator, but that’s about it”
If you think you’re going to have the time to actively find, date and/or marry guys, you would likely be mistaken.
What are you saying eggo? That if we go into vet school single we're just doomed?
Good thing I married @Caiter92 when I had the chance.
Come on stop exaggerating the work load ! is all about proper time management.Hello I also have bad news for you. If you think you’re going to have the time to actively find, date and/or marry guys, you would likely be mistaken.
To quote my married classmate, “yeah I haven’t seen my husband in over a week now. I know he’s still here because food shows up in the refrigerator, but that’s about it”
While I admit that you can have free time with time management, I think you might also underestimate the work load and the stress of vet school. It is something that you really can't understand until you are there drinking from that firehose. It takes a special SO to stick with someone through all of that. I'm not saying they don't exist, but not everyone is able to handle it all.
I come from a family of vets, and is really not that bad, all my older brothers did find and had plenty of work life balance while in vetschool ! Class 07 , Class 12 , and class 16.While I admit that you can have free time with time management, I think you might also underestimate the work load and the stress of vet school. It is something that you really can't understand until you are there drinking from that firehose. It takes a special SO to stick with someone through all of that. I'm not saying they don't exist, but not everyone is able to handle it all.
Wifey, today is our honeymoon!What are you saying eggo? That if we go into vet school single we're just doomed?
Good thing I married @Caiter92 when I had the chance.
I don't think anyone saying it's not doable, but it's a lot bigger adjustment than people think. I don't know anyone who didn't feel like they were drowning for at least part of first year, and I have some classmates that still feel like they're drowning now in second year.I come from a family of vets, and is really not that bad, all my older brothers did find and had plenty of work life balance while in vetschool ! Class 07 , Class 12 , and class 16.
First year I had a lot of free time after the initial adjustment, but second year that's quickly dwindling, and third year here is suppose to be insane, so I imagine I'm going to have even less next year. I definitely prioritize having balance, sometimes a bit too much, but vetschool is still busy and takes a lot of work.
We're all just trying to make sure you understand it's not going to a breeze like you seem to think. It's really disheartening to see people thinking it's going to be so easy for them and not concerned at all, and then watching them crash and burn when the reality hits them. Just in my class I saw that with a lot of classmates, and I've seen that on SDN now.
Maybe you will be someone that vet school is easier for than others. That happens. But don't go in expecting that to be the case.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lol wut. Where are you getting this from.😛
TOP schools are increasing their Guy Quota
Hey @Coopah, since you're at the #1 vet school or whatever ( 😉 ), remind me how many y chromosomes are in your class?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I appreciate the warning, however I am sure Is not going to be that bad !I don't think anyone saying it's not doable, but it's a lot bigger adjustment than people think. I don't know anyone who didn't feel like they were drowning for at least part of first year, and I have some classmates that still feel like they're drowning now in second year.
First year I had a lot of free time after the initial adjustment, but second year that's quickly dwindling, and third year here is suppose to be insane, so I imagine I'm going to have even less next year. I definitely prioritize having balance, sometimes a bit too much, but vetschool is still busy and takes a lot of work.
We're all just trying to make sure you understand it's not going to a breeze like you seem to think. It's really disheartening to see people thinking it's going to be so easy for them and not concerned at all, and then watching them crash and burn when the reality hits them. Just in my class I saw that with a lot of classmates, and I've seen that on SDN now.
Maybe you will be someone that vet school is easier for than others. That happens. But don't go in expecting that to be the case.
Wifey, today is our honeymoon!
Please tell me that we're somewhere warm lol
Have you heard this directly from schools?? I'd be surprised if any school actually has a quota for male students (maybe some are making an effort to recruit more men, but I don't think they would say "we need to have 30 men in each class" or something). Also I'd be careful about referring to "top schools." While one school or another may be better for a specific person based on location, cost, specialty programs, curriculum style, etc., every AVMA-accredited vet school will give you a roughly equivalent education. School rankings are based on surveys sent out to faculty at each school, and don't really mean much.😛
TOP schools are increasing their Guy Quota
For example OSU ( 5th In the world ) went from 23 males in the class of 2019, to 44 in the class of 2021 etc !Lol wut. Where are you getting this from.
Hey @Coopah, since you're at the #1 vet school or whatever ( 😉 ), remind me how many y chromosomes are in your class?
Duh. We're going to KauaiPlease tell me that we're somewhere warm lol
School rankings really don't mean much 🙂 any AVMA accredited school will get you a good education 🙂For example OSU ( 5th In the world ) went from 23 males in the class of 2019, to 44 in the class of 2021 etc !
trees, mountains, AND ocean? I’ve got just the state for you!
It’s Texas. Texas has it all.
Maryland too...
That could just be a fluke. My class has 16 guys, whereas the class of 2021 here has 31. As far as I know this wasn't due to any specific effort on the part of admissions, that's just the way things worked out.For example OSU ( 5th In the world ) went from 23 males in the class of 2019, to 44 in the class of 2021 etc !
Sure you can be undergrad at Harvard College, or ASU, and get the same quality of education, but when your CV is send out harvard gets screened first! neither really makes you the best professional, is up to you as an individual, but we live in a world were rankings do matter ! regardless of quality of education. I do agree that even Ross and SGU can give you a great education, but you still get FMI stigma !School rankings really don't mean much 🙂 any AVMA accredited school will get you a good education 🙂
School rankings really don't mean much 🙂 any AVMA accredited school will get you a good education 🙂
But only the top schools will get you a husband 😉
Darn it. Should have turned down that IS tuition.But only the top schools will get you a husband 😉
Comparing undergrad institution prestige to vet school prestige is apples to oranges. There are only 30 vet schools in the US, and the AVMA ensures that they all meet certain educational standards. Rankings have a lot more to do with research going on at the school than actual quality of the education. There are certain employers that might be biased to prefer graduates of one school or another, but often that has a lot more to do with where they went to school and athletic rivalries than any true differences. 😛 Personally I wouldn't want to work for someone anyway who would choose one candidate over another based on where they went to school, rather than their skills and qualifications. Clients often won't know or care where you went to school. I don't know what you mean by FMI stigma, but any stigma that previously existed for Ross and SGU is going away since they were AVMA-accredited. If it's really that important to you to go to a school with good name recognition, that's your prerogative, but I would encourage you to look a lot more at first of all cost, and then things like location and curriculum style when deciding where to apply or attend.Sure you can be undergrad at Harvard College, or ASU, and get the same quality of education, but when your CV is send out harvard gets screened first! neither really makes you the best professional, is up to you as an individual, but we live in a world were rankings do matter ! regardless of quality of education. I do agree that even Ross and SGU can give you a great education, but you still get FMI stigma !
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You guys are much better people than me, with your serious answers and all
I am going to Vet School to Find my BF and or Husband !
I think you are joking here, but since you doubled down on it so hard... Go to vet school because you want to be a veterinarian. Full stop.
If you are interested in finding a doctor husband, ask your family members to set you up (sounds like you have plenty of family in the field, I'm sure they know some guys). Or just move to a town that has a vet school (+med school +dental school) and spend your free time in that general area / doing some online dating .
You'll save yourself six-figures of debt and the outcome will be the same.
36 out of 148 😛Lol wut. Where are you getting this from.
Hey @Coopah, since you're at the #1 vet school or whatever ( 😉 ), remind me how many y chromosomes are in your class?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, to add, if your goal is a husband with a good salary and stable career, go hang out with the engineers on campus, not the doctors-to-be.
Engineering degrees have the most lucrative cost of degree to salary ratio. (Meaning they often don't have any debt and they make bank.) The gender ratio is also heavily skewed male, so chances are in a woman's favor...
Engineering degrees have the most lucrative cost of degree to salary ratio. (Meaning they often don't have any debt and they make bank.) The gender ratio is also heavily skewed male, so chances are in a woman's favor...
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Also, to add, if your goal is a husband with a good salary and stable career, go hang out with the engineers on campus, not the doctors-to-be.
Engineering degrees have the most lucrative cost of degree to salary ratio. (Meaning they often don't have any debt and they make bank.) The gender ratio is also heavily skewed male, so chances are in a woman's favor...
Several of us vettie ladies have taken advantage of this...I snagged a mechanical myself 😉
36 out of 148 😛
Well now, she actually asked you how many y chromosomes, not how many guys.
So I think you mean 36 out of 296
(or 3404 if we're counting the autosomal ones... assuming no one has any extras or missing ones)
Come on stop exaggerating the work load ! is all about proper time management.
:troll:I appreciate the warning, however I am sure Is not going to be that bad !
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
And out of curiosity, how many of them are single? Because our 15/86 drops to...3 I think36 out of 148 😛

She will also need to subtract any gay ones to be fully representative.And out of curiosity, how many of them are single? Because our 15/86 drops to...3 I think![]()
That takes us down to -2 now!She will also need to subtract any gay ones to be fully representative.
Several of us vettie ladies have taken advantage of this...I snagged a mechanical myself 😉
Lol, me too!
He already makes more than the median salary for veterinarians, with less than 3 years on the job. ::jealous grumbling::
I'm honestly not sure... I know a couple just became single and a few already were. Maybe over 10?And out of curiosity, how many of them are single? Because our 15/86 drops to...3 I think![]()
I'm honestly not sure... I know a couple just became single and a few already were. Maybe over 10?
10 out of 36? It's practically raining men!
Didn't we have a similar discussion last year? I think the consensus was that engineering students make the best significant others, and have the best earning potential (money =/= love but it doesn't hurt, right?). I'd rather find an engineering guy with those hot engineering muscles than a vet student, tbh.
We're on the same brain wave 😉Also, to add, if your goal is a husband with a good salary and stable career, go hang out with the engineers on campus, not the doctors-to-be.
Engineering degrees have the most lucrative cost of degree to salary ratio. (Meaning they often don't have any debt and they make bank.) The gender ratio is also heavily skewed male, so chances are in a woman's favor...
I have to go far to find an engineer though... plus interact with regular people. Why would I do that when I can sit alone, cry about vet school, drink wine, and eat several forms of potatoes in the dark??Didn't we have a similar discussion last year? I think the consensus was that engineering students make the best significant others, and have the best earning potential (money =/= love but it doesn't hurt, right?). I'd rather find an engineering guy with those hot engineering muscles than a vet student, tbh.
Didn't we have a similar discussion last year? I think the consensus was that engineering students make the best significant others, and have the best earning potential (money =/= love but it doesn't hurt, right?). I'd rather find an engineering guy with those hot engineering muscles than a vet student, tbh.
Some of them are pretty nerdy... Best to hit up the "Veterans in Engineering" clubs on campus if you want to guarantee some muscles.
We're on the same brain wave 😉
I'm biased because I married an engineer already.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's pretty much the reason I'm single, minus the vet school part 😛I have to go far to find an engineer though... plus interact with regular people. Why would I do that when I can sit alone, cry about vet school, drink wine, and eat several forms of potatoes in the dark??
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
vet students can have hot muscles tooDidn't we have a similar discussion last year? I think the consensus was that engineering students make the best significant others, and have the best earning potential (money =/= love but it doesn't hurt, right?). I'd rather find an engineering guy with those hot engineering muscles than a vet student, tbh.
Agreed on the rest though
I have to go far to find an engineer though... plus interact with regular people. Why would I do that when I can sit alone, cry about vet school, drink wine, and eat several forms of potatoes in the dark??
But once you find one, they will pat you on the head while you cry about vet school, bring you wine, and cook you several forms of potatoes to eat in the dark? That's basically my marriage in a nutshell...
But baggy scrubs aren't really the best garments to show them off. 😛vet students can have hot muscles too
Agreed on the rest though
men's grey's anatomy scrubs. point invalid.But baggy scrubs aren't really the best garments to show them off. 😛
wine -> beer and you've got it. Pierogies are the best form imho.But once you find one, they will pat you on the head while you cry about vet school, bring you wine, and cook you several forms of potatoes to eat in the dark? That's basically my marriage in a nutshell...
Would recommend software engineers.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K