Anyone got accepted applying early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triplerox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What i mean by that is, did anyone apply right after the complete all the necessary prereqs and got in without their bachelors degree? That's my current plan right now. For those of you who did it, what did you do that made you stood out against those with bachelors?

Members don't see this ad.

What i mean by that is, did anyone apply right after the complete all the necessary prereqs and got in without their bachelors degree? That's my current plan right now. For those of you who did it, what did you do that made you stood out against those with bachelors?

I applied after finishing my prereqs (though I was still taking physics at the time I applied). I left my junior year (which is unusual, most would try leaving after their sophomore year. I just felt I needed that extra year to make my application better and enjoy some undergrad time).

I would say that my extracurriculars, leadership positions, and pharmacy experience helped me stand out. And of course, you have to do well in school!!

One of the hard things about trying to apply without a bachelors, is that you have a limited amount of time to take care of your prereqs, get to know your professors to get recommendations, and try to get some extracurricular/job experience as well.

It's definitely do-able!! :) So good luck!

thanks for the tips. whats some good examples of a good leadership experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
A couple thousand people probably get in without their bachelor's every year...

I applied while finishing up my prerequisites (with the goal of having them done by May before enrollment). I was 4.0 student at the time of applying (though that changed that very semester... thanks to a B in first semester Organic Chemistry (taken at the same time as Quantitative Analysis and overall 19 credit hours worth of classes... with three labs). And as everyone was saying, there is no way they wouldn't accept the only person in recent memory to get an A in Quantitative Analysis from my very strict professor. :D I also volunteered for the Red Cross for three years, mentored for a local school district, did freelance translating, was active in a couple clubs on campus, and won a few awards. And I worked in a pharmacy since April of my freshman year of college. And I interview very well - I like to talk. :)

A couple thousand people probably get in without their bachelor's every year...

I applied while finishing up my prerequisites (with the goal of having them done by May before enrollment). I was 4.0 student at the time of applying (though that changed that very semester... thanks to a B in first semester Organic Chemistry (taken at the same time as Quantitative Analysis and overall 19 credit hours worth of classes... with three labs). And as everyone was saying, there is no way they wouldn't accept the only person in recent memory to get an A in Quantitative Analysis from my very strict professor. :D I also volunteered for the Red Cross for three years, mentored for a local school district, did freelance translating, was active in a couple clubs on campus, and won a few awards. And I worked in a pharmacy since April of my freshman year of college. And I interview very well - I like to talk. :)

nice!! what kind of awards did u win?