Anyone got accepted yet from Nov 12th USC Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acura-TL & Rx

Have faith in thy self!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who got interviewed on Nov 12th, did you get a letter of acceptance yet? I guess no one have gotten one yet since no one mentioned anything. My friend told me that he got his exactly two weeks last year after the interview date. If that's true then the 26th of Nov would be exactly two weeks. That's tomorrow!! Anyway, we should be hearing from them starting next week. Ahhhh... I've been waiting very patiently but my paitence is running out. I am about to call the school but they are closed till Monday. Oh well! Good luck everyone... Hope you'll get your early Christmas present soon! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Acura-TL & Rx said:
For those of you who got interviewed on Nov 12th, did you get a letter of acceptance yet? I guess no one have gotten one yet since no one mentioned anything. My friend told me that he got his exactly two weeks last year after the interview date. If that's true then the 26th of Nov would be exactly two weeks. That's tomorrow!! Anyway, we should be hearing from them starting next week. Ahhhh... I've been waiting very patiently but my paitence is running out. I am about to call the school but they are closed till Monday. Oh well! Good luck everyone... Hope you'll get your early Christmas present soon! :D

nothing here yet. it seems like its been months since we interviewed, when in fact its actually only been 2 weeks. about calling the school, i think their website says they wont release any info over the phone, but you might be able to see when theyer sending stuff out. ill post later too if i did get anything, i had all my stuff sent to school and im at home right now

anyone knows if USC will care if you didn't do so well on the PCAT? I know they don't require PCAT but will they deduct points if the PCAT is low?

Anyone knows if the PCAT has already been sent out to all the schools? I saw a revision on Nov 8th on the pharmcas. What does that mean? Does that mean that's when they sent out the pcat score to designated schools? isn't that too early?

Members don't see this ad :)
Acura-TL & Rx said:
anyone knows if USC will care if you didn't do so well on the PCAT? I know they don't require PCAT but will they deduct points if the PCAT is low?

Anyone knows if the PCAT has already been sent out to all the schools? I saw a revision on Nov 8th on the pharmcas. What does that mean? Does that mean that's when they sent out the pcat score to designated schools? isn't that too early?

I would think that if a school didn't require PCAT, then the school wouldn't consider it at all.

blizz said:
Taken from the USC website: http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/admission/requirements.html)

Entrance Examination
An entrance examination (PCAT) is not required. However, PCAT scores will be given favorable consideration in the admission process.

Thanks... I read that part too. But what if your score isn't all that great? Will it goes against you? I know if you did great then I am sure it will help. I guess I'll call them on monday to find out.

Today is exactly two weeks... Where's the letter of acceptance? hahaha... It should come next week. Pray and pray again

Acura-TL & Rx said:
Thanks... I read that part too. But what if your score isn't all that great? Will it goes against you? I know if you did great then I am sure it will help. I guess I'll call them on monday to find out.

Today is exactly two weeks... Where's the letter of acceptance? hahaha... It should come next week. Pray and pray again

can you post what happens? i took the pcat in january and had my scores sent. i think i did ok (my counselors at school have no idea about the pcat and couldnt tell me what a good score is. i got >85) but i didnt do so hot in bio or verbal. will that hurt me any?

glagic said:
can you post what happens? i took the pcat in january and had my scores sent. i think i did ok (my counselors at school have no idea about the pcat and couldnt tell me what a good score is. i got >85) but i didnt do so hot in bio or verbal. will that hurt me any?

Just called USC today. As for the PCAT, they only take it into consideration if you did well on it. What a relief!!! Basically, it won't hurt you at all. As for the result from the Nov 12th interview, the committees hasn't been met yet so nothing yet as of right now. They said they'll send out the letters between early to mid december. They will let us know before Christmas so some of us might get an early Christmas present. Wouldn't that be the perfect gift of all? ahhh....

Acura-TL & Rx said:
Just called USC today. As for the PCAT, they only take it into consideration if you did well on it. What a relief!!! Basically, it won't hurt you at all. As for the result from the Nov 12th interview, the committees hasn't been met yet so nothing yet as of right now. They said they'll send out the letters between early to mid december. They will let us know before Christmas so some of us might get an early Christmas present. Wouldn't that be the perfect gift of all? ahhh....

aw..i guess i can stop stalking the mail box for now. did they mention when the committee was meeting? or just that they havent met yet?

hopefully christmas will be a good one. my bday was a good one cuz i had the interview the day before :) lets continue the trend

glagic said:
aw..i guess i can stop stalking the mail box for now. did they mention when the committee was meeting? or just that they havent met yet?

hopefully christmas will be a good one. my bday was a good one cuz i had the interview the day before :) lets continue the trend

ahhaa... me too. I need to stop calling my sister in San Diego cuz the all my mails go overthere. But the lady at USC didn't mention when they are going to have the meeting. She just said that they haven't had one yet.

I had a good early birthday present too. My b-day was on the 18th,6 days after the interview. So hopefully it'll be an early Christmas present too. hahha.. good luck to all

glagic said:

hahah..I called my mom to check the mailbox today...And she said I had no mail. Now there is still hope!!

I wonder why would they wait so long to meet up... i mean isnt it best to meet up soon after the interview so the interviewer would have a fresh memory...
I guess they just go by what they wrote down on the paper during the interview. :eek:

Not to tread crap, but I was wondering how heavy is the interview in relation to the admission. Like you know how USC goes by a "point" system, so how many total points are alotted to the interview.. :confused:

ohh.. happy be-lated B-day to those who has b-day near the interview...

on a more selfish note... I hope this year my early christmas present will be a positive one... :D

infernobutterfl said:
I wonder why would they wait so long to meet up... i mean isnt it best to meet up soon after the interview so the interviewer would have a fresh memory...
I guess they just go by what they wrote down on the paper during the interview. :eek:

Not to tread crap, but I was wondering how heavy is the interview in relation to the admission. Like you know how USC goes by a "point" system, so how many total points are alotted to the interview.. :confused:

on a more selfish note... I hope this year my early christmas present will be a positive one... :D

I remember them telling us one time the interview was ~10%. Don't actually know if this is true or not, that's just what they said one time. At that same time they said, of course, GPA is given the most attention.

infernobutterfl said:

From what they told me during the tour...50% for your GPA, 30% for your interview...and the remaining 20% I have no idea. Who knows..I may be wrong...

care324 said:
From what they told me during the tour...50% for your GPA, 30% for your interview...and the remaining 20% I have no idea. Who knows..I may be wrong...

There was a tour?

ICA said:
There was a tour?

Oh sorry...the tour was not part of the interview. USC was offering tours to the school of pharmacy..and I went to one of them.