Anyone got an interview call from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nazish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please , Let me know if someone gets an interview call from UIC.

Members don't see this ad.

I've got one today :)))

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Axis, did any body else get an interview call?

hi axis , good luck . COngrates.

did you get call by email? you so happy , right? When are you appointed for the interview?

hi axis , good luck . COngrates.

did you get call by email? you so happy , right? When are you appointed for the interview?

Hei, Nazish, did you get any call too?

Can anyone call UIC and ask as how many people got an interview call and when will they send it next. I just called dont want to bother too much.

Along with my application completion email, they ve asked not to enquire bout the status. naz n axis ve scores 90+, may b others will be called later, first the ones with high scores then the rest. :eek: have patient.
good luck :thumbup:. lets keep our fingers crossed.
I dont think it wud b good idea to call them, if we r to get interview, they will call us.

can anybody tell me that they UIC send an interview call by email, mail or phonecall?

I called them and Jill told me that they would let us know by Phone, email, letter.

Hi Naz and Axix!
Congrats!!!& Goodluck!!!
Hopefully all of us who are waiting get to hear something from UIC soon.
Keep in touch all of you.
Bye.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got one today :)))

Hi axis,
do u hv any idea abt wht all things they ask in th interview and how many ppl they call per batch? plz let me kw if u hv any idea!
whts ur interview date?
naz

Does anybody know if UIC accpet applicants on a rolling basis or wait until the deadline to make the decisions

hi naz, last year they called about 25 people for the first batch in august..so i guess around 75 people in total:)

hi darkshadow,
last year some of those there were interviewed in aug. got their acceptance letter in sept..toward the end of mos...so i guess it's a combination of both

naz
Search this forum for information regarding the UIC interview. I found out they had asked last year candidates lots of professional questions...

starrynight
I was contacted via cellphone.

congrats, axis and naz:thumbup:
axis,naz, was it home phone ar cell? should we lock ourselves in our houses or not:laugh:?

Hi starrynight,
they contacted me on both cell n home phone!

naz
Search this forum for information regarding the UIC interview. I found out they had asked last year candidates lots of professional questions...

starrynight
I was contacted via cellphone.

Thanx axis:)

Just a note from someone who interviewed and got accepted there ( I turned it down later). The interview was a very laid back one. Don't get nervous. You don't need to know the answers to the questions. I didn't and still got accepted there. They just want to make sure you are a right fit. They will ask you general questions like what would you do if a diabetic comes to your clinic for treatment or if an angina patient comes to your clinic; give you a radiograph and ask you to give a differential dx and rx plan; evaluate a couple preps and make you read a paragraph, to notice your vocabulary and pronunciation. It is a piece of cake. Be yourself and tell them the truth. Good luck.

g3k
Thank you so much for your input, doctor!!!
You have relieved my anxiety before the UIC interview a lot! :)

g3k, your experience is greatly appreciated! Do you remember how many interviewers there were? Do you sit in front of one person or 3 or something? And how long was your interview? Thanks in advance.

Just a note from someone who interviewed and got accepted there ( I turned it down later). The interview was a very laid back one. Don't get nervous. You don't need to know the answers to the questions. I didn't and still got accepted there. They just want to make sure you are a right fit. They will ask you general questions like what would you do if a diabetic comes to your clinic for treatment or if an angina patient comes to your clinic; give you a radiograph and ask you to give a differential dx and rx plan; evaluate a couple preps and make you read a paragraph, to notice your vocabulary and pronunciation. It is a piece of cake. Be yourself and tell them the truth. Good luck.

Thank you very much g3k for ur help.
so ur in uic IDDP 1 batch or in 2nd?
naz

hey!
whats ur status? can u plz share, if u dont mind.
Congratulation and good luck for ur interview.

congrats szy_lzy:thumbup:
check the downtown hotels...it's quite close form UIC and it's worth seeing it; plus check http://www.transitchicago.com/ you can use "trip planner" to plan your trip with CTA-public transportation, which is better than driving through chicago :D; moreover, you can choose to come from o'hare with blue line trains instead of taxis...takes longer but it's so much cheaper
best of luck:luck:

g3k, your experience is greatly appreciated! Do you remember how many interviewers there were? Do you sit in front of one person or 3 or something? And how long was your interview? Thanks in advance.

There were two interviewers. It was 1 hour. There was another interview with Jill lasted 15 minutes.

Thank you very much g3k for ur help.
so ur in uic IDDP 1 batch or in 2nd?
naz

Neither, I turned it down.

I've got the phone call, too...:)
Maybe we will get to know each other...

Congrats dentalbug!!!! best of luck with the interview!:thumbup::thumbup:

so far there are 2 weeks with interviews in august and 6 people axis, naz,szy_lzy,drsbcd,dentalbug called..am i missing something/somebody?

thanks .

How do you prepare for the interview who have got the interview calls?I heard they ask something about the instrumnets? does anybody know? Just for knowledge.

thanks .

How do you prepare for the interview who have got the interview calls? I am worried about the instrumnet part. I heard they ask something about the instrumnets? does anybody know?

Guys,

Iam a reapplicant applied to UIC this year. I improved my score to 88 in part 1 and iam yet to take part 2.Can anybody shed some light if they call students with this score? I dont even know if I stand a chance.

yes you have good chances to get a call.

yes you have good chances to get a call. Wait and watch . You would get a call. it's rolling so first comes first. So it depends when you did apply. good luck

Thank you so much for ur reply, I applied in the last week of May .Gud luc to you, Hope ur struggle comes to an end fast.

i plan to live in a hotel...
i plan to sign in the hotel on august 13,,12:00 pm,,,
and pick up my baggage,,,leave the hotel on august 14 6:00 pm , and then go to airport to go back new york city...
so,,,,do i have to order 2 days or just 1 day for the hotel???
thank you very much...
love,
rain brother

As far as I know most hotels must be checked out by 11am if not ull have to book for 2 days.

which area is uic in ???
Greater Chicago or Midway Airport Area or Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area or North Michigan Ave - River North Area or O'Hare Airport or Skokie - Niles - Evanston ??

can u please answer me??
because i am gonna order hotel online....
thank you very much..
love,
rain brother:D:):oops:

hi rain brother,
you can book a hotel in the loop area-downtown-..or you can use the solution that jill gave you in her email..

congrats to all those who got the interview...:thumbup::clap:

i know its too early for me to ask this... but jus wanna have an idea. has anyone been interviewed in UIC before? i have heard that the interview is not very easy... if someone cud shed some light as to how the whole proces goes abt, or what are the various areas on which u will be tested, it will be very helpful... thanks.....