Anyone got an interview call from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
jill called me 2 hours ago...i'm accepted!!!! i am so so happy!
lots of luck to everybody!!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

hey starry night
congratulations...
party time!!
I think the acceptance process starts with you for the year 2008:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :)))))))))))

thank you abstract dentist and shrey and axis and thunderbolt:):):)
best of luck to you too!!!!!!!!!!!

:)Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great news.:)

Hi axis,
do u hv any idea abt wht all things they ask in th interview and how many ppl they call per batch? plz let me kw if u hv any idea!
whts ur interview date?
naz

Hi Naz! Congrets for getting selection in UIC .......
All The Best

hey starry night,
i m so happy for u... congrats......

Hi, Congrates .

i m happy for you. You deserve this opportunity. I am glad you are done with all the stress. Good Luck for your future. So that means others who got interview call around your interview day would not get call as if they might be accepted they would have got call until this time especially those who were interviewed before you, right?

Anyways, Enjoy your great time.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank himal, dentalbug and itsme:)
best of luck for you too!:thumbup:

many congrats starry night.
wish u the best.
can u tell me ur nationality please? I've heared that minorities and applicants from latin american origin have some kind of advantage.
is that right?
good luck with ur program:luck:

many congrats starry night.
wish u the best.
can u tell me ur nationality please? I've heared that minorities and applicants from latin american origin have some kind of advantage.
is that right?
good luck with ur program:luck:

hi ammar,
thanks for your wishes:)
considering that this year at UIC there is only one hispanic out of 24 and in the 2nd year 4 hispanics..i wouldn't say that's an advantage being hispanic;
i am romanian so i am not even considered minority because i am white:laugh::laugh:.....pretty funny because i'll always have an accent and they'll know i'm not "american".....we have a proverb saying that you're neither horse nor donkey:laugh::laugh:
good luck to you too:thumbup:

Hi everyone,
I got accepted to UIC, yes its the dream come true:)

congratulations to starry, u deserve this :thumbup:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL OF U FOR UR SUPPORT
ALL THE BEST N KEEP FAITH !

Thnak you very much ZSY_LZY for ur help n support,
n im sure u will get in just dont loose the hope n faith:)

congrats naz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well did girl:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
see you in May, take care and enjoy your holiday!:luck:

Hi everyone,
I got accepted to UIC, yes its the dream come true:)

congratulations to starry, u deserve this :thumbup:
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL OF U FOR UR SUPPORT
ALL THE BEST N KEEP FAITH !

hey naz,
good job.... congrats... its time to sit back and relax for u.... enjoy it.... :thumbup:
:clap:

Did anybody get interview for the month of september. The wait is killing me.:scared:
congrats naz.

Did anybody get interview for the month of september. The wait is killing me.:scared:
congrats naz.

same here.... when did u get application complete himal? does anyone know how many people get interviewed for each month??? and has anyone got interview calls for september???:confused:

They said that my application is complete and they will be reviewing applications until december the first so is not over yet let.s just be patient.

HI every one
congrats starry and naz:):)
I've received the acceptance call from jill yesterday. finally!!
I'd like to thank every one helped me in this website..seriously the people here r great, and your advices were priceless.
good luck for every one.and be patient.
as they told me in the interview..they will have interviews threw September and October so never loose the hope:luck::luck::luck::luck:

HI every one
congrats starry and naz:):)
I've received the acceptance call from jill yesterday. finally!!
I'd like to thank every one helped me in this website..seriously the people here r great, and your advices were priceless.
good luck for every one.and be patient.
as they told me in the interview..they will have interviews threw September and October so never loose the hope:luck::luck::luck::luck:

congrats syriana... :)

so far 3 people have got acceptance, thats great news....
starry
naz
syriana

lets hope the list keeps growing.... good luck for those who are waiting.....

Hey Naz &Syriana,
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)
Party time for you guys.Have fun and relax a bit now.
Priya.

Thank you everyone for supporting me n giving me th courage:)

thank you itsme, abstractdentist, pmc14
wish u good luck n dont loose ur faith!:)
naz

Hi Naz,
Congrats on getting a call from UIC. I'm in UIC IDDP right now. Are you from Pakistan? If yes do reply me back. Thanks

I have been trying to call uic and unable to reach them? how to go abt it?
anyone heard from penn/pitt/bu or uthscsa?

I have been trying to call uic and unable to reach them? how to go abt it?
anyone heard from penn/pitt/bu or uthscsa?
hi snigdha,
in the confirmation email that your application is complet they asked not to contact them any further at that moment..i don't think they would appreciate if you try to call them against their request;
have faith they'll call you at the right moment;
good luck!

congrates..starry,naz,syriana...
does anyone get interview call for sep??
waiting for their call is frustrating me.... is there still hope??

thaks doc2006 and every one
be patient. the sits wont be filled till november, and as i was told, they will hold the interview sessions threw sep & oct.
i'me feeling u, take it easy and best wishes.:thumbup:

thanks doc,
i know there are some people called for sept, but it's their call to announce it on the forum;)
keep your faith and lots of luck!

hey guys, i got a interview call for sept 13th.... was waiting to c if i got air tkts and stuff..... sdn has been so helpful in boosting my morale so far. thank u guys....

Go and get 'em and don't forget to tell us your experience. When did you get notified that you had and interview?

heartiest congrats itsme!
lots and lots of luck!

thank u dark shadows and starry
thanks for all ur support so far guys....

hey guys i was interviewed by two ppl for 1 hr had a short tour it was an ok experience since i dont know much abt crown preps since i didnt do clinical rotations in my country and came here after gradfuation so not much experience dont know wat to expect jill said theyll reply by nov since they dont hav rolling cycle.. can neone tell me wat PFM abb is being used for since most schools ask for it in their exam

as for the interview well heres how it went:
they asked some general ques as to why uic? from where did u hear abt uic program? wat r your future goals? and then some cases to solve some preps to evaluate and a passage to read to chek the english pronounciation...

hey guys i was interviewed by two ppl for 1 hr had a short tour it was an ok experience since i dont know much abt crown preps since i didnt do clinical rotations in my country and came here after gradfuation so not much experience dont know wat to expect jill said theyll reply by nov since they dont hav rolling cycle.. can neone tell me wat PFM abb is being used for since most schools ask for it in their exam

hi when were u interviewed? i dunno follow ur question, cud u elaborate ur question a bit??? good luck, and don worry..

hi when were u interviewed? i dunno follow ur question, cud u elaborate ur question a bit??? good luck, and don worry..

hi i was interviewd on 23rd aug. my ques is abt PFM restoration that some ppl on this refer to while telling about their experience of interviews and the things they were askd to do in the clinical exam...

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT , CROWN PREPERATIONS . IN THAT CONTEXT pfm IS PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL . CROWN

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT , CROWN PREPERATIONS . IN THAT CONTEXT pfm IS PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL . CROWN

oh ok thnx for the reply. i dont have clinical experience in crown prep since i was a fresh graduate when i came here and it seems like most schools ask u to do that in the clinical exam.. can nebody guide me wat i can do in that regard.. at UIC i was truthful abt it and told them abt my experiences thank God they didnt have a clinical exam atleast..