Anyone got inspirational quotes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just looking and wondering if anyone else puts some inspirational quotes around in there room/apartment.

If so what are your favorite ones.

mine is from vince lombardi :

" the quality of any man's life has got to be a full measure of that man's personal commitment to excellence and to victory, regardless of what field he may be in."

Members don't see this ad.

Also Lombardi:

"Winning isn't everything...it's the ONLY thing."

Look at my signature quotes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like my signature quote, but I saw this one on SDN somewhere I and I really liked it:

"If you think you've walked into hell, keep walking." Winston Churchill

my dad anytime my way worked over his:

"even a blind squirrel can find a nut in the woods sometimes"

unrelated to dad but here's another....
"eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

hmm guess those aren't really inspirational haw? Ah well, hope you got a good chuckle anyway...

Sometimes I'll head over to www.despair.com and realize that no matter how bad life seems, someone else's life much be so much worse to have thought up of those posters... LOL! :eek:

:D H0mer out

From Tyler Durden:

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at time."

Look at my signatures--

"I can do anything in Christ who strenthens me"

"With God all things are possible"

"And he saw the crowds and had compassion on them. For they were harrassed and helpless, like sheep without a shephard."

I like one called the ten most important two-letter words:
If it is to be, it is up to me.

D

Read my signature under my name...I think that's a good one.

Also, don't forget...mayonnaise has an expiration date for a reason!

an unfortunately famous one uttered by me during a procedure lab (thoractotomy on a pig), as i was trying to suture a pumping heart to "save" the pig from a GSW:

"I can't find the hole!!!!!!!!"

ugh. I guess men should never say that phrase.

"Dreams can move mountains, but you still have to bring a shovel"

"Losers only care about winning. Winners just love to run."

"He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness'" 2 Corinthians 12:9

Here are a few of my favorites:

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." -- Helen Keller

"Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines." -- Satchel Paige

"One's greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising every time one falls." -- Confucius

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. " -- Thomas Edison

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor sons-of-bitches die for theirs."--or something along those lines--Patton

Here's one

"Freedom's Never Free"