Anyone have any experience with Univ. of South Alabama?

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

RadMD1day

Cat Scan
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Alabama
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I am a pre med and from Northwest Alabama. I have two kids and a hubby who is thinking of applying for a job in Foley, Al. I have really had my eye on UAB (Univ. of Alab. Birmingham) , but of course if we move I will be closer to USA.
I was just wanted the dish on the school and curriculum and get an idea of places to live that is safe for my kids with a good elem. school system.

Any heads up would be great, any advice wonderful!
Thanks!!!

aumed22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2004
Status (Visible)
I don't know much in terms of where to live and what not, but I have a few friends that are there and say nothing but good things about the school. I think USA is a great school that unfortunately doesn't get much PR outside of Alabama due to UAB's reputation.

adh501

TengoFrijolesEnLosZapatos
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2007
Mobile, Al
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I'm finishing my second year at USA, and I've loved it so far. The people are great, the faculty is first class, and the environment for learning is better than most other schools where my friends are studying. Most classes are very supportive of each other, and we try to help out our classmates. If you have any specific questions, send me a personal message.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.