2023-2024 South Alabama

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Out-of-State Applicants​

Although our primary obligation is to residents of the State of Alabama, we do consider competitive applicants from neighboring states and applicants with strong ties to the State of Alabama.
Please write a brief essay explaining your ties to the State of Alabama. (2000 characters)

Optional Essay​


The learning community at the University of South Alabama Whiddon College of Medicine benefits from the inclusion of students with broad life experiences, as well as students from diverse backgrounds. The Admissions Committee encourages you to share life experiences that you may have had and/or important factors in your background that illustrate your readiness for practicing medicine in a multicultural society. (3500 characters)

@wysdoc
 
I just submitted my secondary, RD. How long after submission of the secondary application do they offer II/R?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
will we know that we got the R in real-time or will they wait until the end of the cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when they said they would start reviewing candidates?
 
The admissions folk said that we could expect an answer in the middle of November. Really hoping that they keep their word because I'm driving myself nuts during the wait
Looking at past threads, they usually notify on Fridays, and I doubt they'd do it the Friday after Thanksgiving, so that leaves this week
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II 🥲
Congrats, and good luck with both interviews, Pons! For everyone else: I interviewed on Nov 1st and received my hold on Nov 17th. IS Non-trad ORM. I really liked my interview day! Unsure when holds will hear back- but I just wanted to add another data point. Good luck with your cycles, everyone!