2023-2024 South Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Out-of-State Applicants​

Although our primary obligation is to residents of the State of Alabama, we do consider competitive applicants from neighboring states and applicants with strong ties to the State of Alabama.
Please write a brief essay explaining your ties to the State of Alabama. (2000 characters)

Optional Essay​

The learning community at the University of South Alabama Whiddon College of Medicine benefits from the inclusion of students with broad life experiences, as well as students from diverse backgrounds. The Admissions Committee encourages you to share life experiences that you may have had and/or important factors in your background that illustrate your readiness for practicing medicine in a multicultural society. (3500 characters)

@wysdoc

I just submitted my secondary, RD. How long after submission of the secondary application do they offer II/R?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my secondary, RD. How long after submission of the secondary application do they offer II/R?
I spoke w/ admissions and they said RD II are after ED's, so likely after November, but more likely in December/January

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
are the first 2 years P/F or graded? is lecture mandatory?

My understanding is that it’s P/F but they still rank. Most lectures are not mandatory, all of them are recorded. I was told that changes by system or block. They said some have more lectures that aren’t mandatory attendance, and some are because they have more group activities or labs, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten any good news today?

I interviewed on 10/4 and was told we won’t hear anything until early/mid November. I think MSAR says they send out the first acceptance like November 15. On SDN last year, people heard back on November 3rd or 4th.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when they said they would start reviewing candidates?

Not sure when they’re reviewing exactly, but based on what I was told - we should be hearing next week for those that interviewed early October.

The admissions folk said that we could expect an answer in the middle of November. Really hoping that they keep their word because I'm driving myself nuts during the wait

The admissions folk said that we could expect an answer in the middle of November. Really hoping that they keep their word because I'm driving myself nuts during the wait
Looking at past threads, they usually notify on Fridays, and I doubt they'd do it the Friday after Thanksgiving, so that leaves this week

I interviewed Wednesday and they told us we’d hear back next week so I’m wondering if they may be lumping them all then?

I interviewed Wednesday and they told us we’d hear back next week so I’m wondering if they may be lumping them all then?
they told my interview batch that we'd hear in the middle of November. I guess we can now make an amendment to that statement and assume *END* of November.

Got an A on Friday (2 days ago) :) Interviewed the Wednesday before that. So about 9 days bw interview and A!!! So excited

Reactions: 2 users
IS II 🥲
Congrats, and good luck with both interviews, Pons! For everyone else: I interviewed on Nov 1st and received my hold on Nov 17th. IS Non-trad ORM. I really liked my interview day! Unsure when holds will hear back- but I just wanted to add another data point. Good luck with your cycles, everyone!