Anyone hear about interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Johns Hopkins---

I don't know for sure about all programs but it sure seems from this thread and my friends responses that Northwestern, MGH, Hopkins, Duke, Mayo Scottsdale have told everyone where they stand--- Clearly from the responses on this thread many of the middle to lower tier programs have not decided and my guess is will be less likely to send out "rejection" emails until late in the process---

Members don't see this ad.

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Oaklahoma-- 1 listed
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Jacksonville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona

Yes from OHSU

No nos yet...

From last year, a lot of west coast programs waited until february to send out invites, I know that UCSD and UCLA and UCSF haven't sent any out yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
Baylor college of medicine
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)

( These are not all of my interviews hehehe Just a list of programs that have sent emails out)

Do fellowship directors send out invitations all at once or are they done in cycles? Is it safe to assume that if we have NOT heard from one of the aforementioned programs, that we should assume we have a rejection?
-CC

So far interviews
UNC
Baylor

Rejects
Hopkins
BWH
MGH
Duke
(Guess I'm not ivy material :D )

This is more stressful than residency application!!!

Congrats to everyone getting awesome interviews....and thanks for keeping everyone updated. I haven't heard anything from several programs like Baylor and a couple of others. I hope I still get a chance to interview there....

I guess my other fear now is that since I didn't get the initial invitation like everyone is, am I a 2nd tier choice for these programs or am I reading into it too much....:eek:

This process is just sooo random.....ain't we too old for this???

My guess is some programs have cycles and will interview others later if they haven't found what they are looking for--- As far as not getting rejected I don't think it means your even second tier--- they just couldn't find enough reasons to cut you just yet-- which of course is still better than "rejected"

I count 24 programs on the list so far-- out of about 154 total--- Personally, I think I'll reach for the "panic button" after the first full week of Feb---:confused:

This is more stressful than residency application!!!

Congrats to everyone getting awesome interviews....and thanks for keeping everyone updated. I haven't heard anything from several programs like Baylor and a couple of others. I hope I still get a chance to interview there....

I guess my other fear now is that since I didn't get the initial invitation like everyone is, am I a 2nd tier choice for these programs or am I reading into it too much....:eek:

This process is just sooo random.....ain't we too old for this???

good day for me..
got interviews at BU, U pittsburgh and UCLA

Good for you dude-- 3 in one day your the shizzle!

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)
UTSW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)
UTSW
UMDNJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)
UTSW
UMDNJ

WOW have you been rejected anywhere?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just in case you were wondering-- I started the original list and I think people have just been adding on to the list---
If someone does have interviews at all those places then they should probably ask for a signing bonus as well!!

:)

WOW have you been rejected anywhere?

We are just adding to the existing list, so everyone knows what programs has sent out either invitations or rejections. :)

University of Chicago by regular mail

Interview at Texas Heart as of 1/23
Rejection John Hopkins as of 1/23

Have not heard from Texas Heart/Brigham&Women/Cleveland Clinic regarding rejection or acceptance. Where as some have posted that they have heard either way. Its seems there is no set pattern.

Just got rejected by UCLA :(
Still haven't heard from many programs..... :scared:

brigham and women's and william beaumont told me by phone they have not finished their interview list-- for what it's worth---- I see people have got rejections from Brigham however-----

Does anyone know if programs let everyone know about their interview status i.e. if you are given an interview or if you are rejected, or do they just leave you hanging?

I spoke with a friend who had great (and many) calls a couple of years ago. He said he kept hearing from programs till late in march. So I guess unless you have heard a rejection (while others have heard rejection/acceptance from a certain program) you are still in the line-- perhaps just not in the front of it.

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)
UTSW
UMDNJ
Vanderbilt
P.S.: i saw in another forum that brigham has sent out a few rejections but haven't heard of anyone who got an invitation from them yet.

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)
UTSW
UMDNJ
Vanderbilt
UChicago (snail mail)

Interview Vanderbilt- by phone-- They said they had approx 500 applicants- William Beaumont said 700--

Yes
OHSU
Baylor
Northwestern
Loyola
Mayo Scottsdale

No
none

guys....is it just me or I haven't heard anything from any programs in a while, it's been 3-4 days that my email has been blank. Or maybe it's just me.... :confused:

dudes- dudettes don't forget if your a third year that the last day to sign up without late fees for the Board Exam is today-- register online ABIM----

rejection Baylor/St Lukes

anyone know how academic this program is? i know the main one is the investigator track, but i wanted to know how academic the urban community program is if people have heard anything about this program.

guys....is it just me or I haven't heard anything from any programs in a while, it's been 3-4 days that my email has been blank. Or maybe it's just me.... :confused:

I know, I haven't gotten any new emails since last friday!! :(

Seems like Mt. Sinai just sent out their invitations today....
Cheers.

William beaumont has sent out info regarding acceptance/rejection.

Interviews Scheduled:
Mt Sinai Investigator Track
Mt Sinai Urban Track
Maryland

The Urban Program at Mt Sinai is a great option. They get a ridiculous number of cardiology admissions, now do interventional cath, have EP... definitely not AS academic as Sinai, but probably as good or better clinical training.

Add U of Michigan to the list.

nope from st lukes and UTHSC
yup from wash U/St louis (my friend got an invite a few days ago) and I heard today

Congrats on all the interviews Baylor Dallas today----

Emory
Loyola
UNC
Duke
Cleveland Clinic
Univ Maryland
Univ Wisconsin
Northwestern
UAB
Mayo Scottsdale
UVA
UF Gainsville
Loma Linda
MGH
Univ of Utah
UT Houston
Oregan university
Univ of Arizona
JHU
Texas heart institute
UT Houston
Loyola (snail mail)
UTSW
UMDNJ
Vanderbilt
UChicago (snail mail)
USC
Mt Siani
Univ Michigan
Washington University/St Louis
Baylor Dallas

William Beaumont ??

To my knowledge Arizona has only sent out rejections so far ?
Has Cleveland clinic sent out any acceptances ?
Add Yale to the list.

I haven't heard of any offers from Arizona----

The cleveland clinic was added awhile back-- but I'm not sure that's right-- I personally haven't heard either way- the same is true for William Beaumont--

Interview at Brown as of 2/2/07

I was wondering if anyone has gone to any interviews yet....and is so, how's the overall experience? Is it mostly a laid back atmosphere?

my interviews start this coming monday - and I can share my thoughts then...

Interviewed at Texas Heart already. Had 8 interviews. Mostly laid back. Only got pimped from one interviewer. Overall, a fairly relaxed day.

Interviewed at Texas Heart already. Had 8 interviews. Mostly laid back. Only got pimped from one interviewer. Overall, a fairly relaxed day.

when you say pimped .. is about research that one has done or about cardiology in general ?

Pimped about general cardiology and research I had done.

Interview Offers From:
Michigan State
Michigan
Stanford
Scripps
Rush
Colorado

Wait list at
Providence
Henry Ford

Rejections:
MGH
Vanderbilt
Oregon
UVA

Interestingly, I have an outside ERAS interview offer from Miami

Interview Offers From:
Michigan State
Michigan
Stanford
Scripps
Beaumont
Rush
Colorado

Wait list at
Providence
Henry Ford

Rejections:
MGH
Vanderbilt
Oregon
UVA

Interestingly, I have an outside ERAS interview offer from Miami

NYU, like Miami is also a paper application. Congrats on so many excellent calls, If you dont mind could you share with us ---just a ballpark-- how many places did you apply ? and how many interviews area a safe bet ?

Mount Sinai has begun granting interviews. Has anyone heard from NYU yet?

It has been so silent here. I wonder if the programs are obliged to send you rejection letters if you do not meet up to what they want.... sometimes it seems better to know what’s up than just silence.:sleep:

:thumbup: Congrats to all those that got interviews, pls let us know your experiences.:luck:

Applied to just 30 programs, plus two outside of ERAS. As you can see, the majority are centered in the Midwest
I am not sure about the safe bet question, i will have to tell you after June....
Two more interview offers by email this morning. I have found that it helps to email (or call) the administration of the programs you apply to. Three interview offers were immediately following inquiry. I also found out about both of my wait list interviews that way and 2-3 rejections. I think it has to do with showing interest in their program is huge plus.