Anyone hear from Baylor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We could start the obligatory "if you got the email before someone else does that mean you are ahead of them on the waitlist" discussion, but lets not. Do they even rank their waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

We could start the obligatory "if you got the email before someone else does that mean you are ahead of them on the waitlist" discussion, but lets not. Do they even rank their waitlist?

I'm under the impression that the waitlist is just an extension of the ranked list they placed us on after our interviews and have been using to accept applicants. We just happen to be lower on the ranked list than the ones who have been accepted and are now sitting on the same ranked list with a new name--the wait list. haha

I'll just take my state school acceptance and forget about Baylor, then. I couldn't possible wait until June to hear about an acceptance and then go down there, find a house, and move my family there and get settled in before school begins. I'm glad I already have other acceptances so I don't have to worry about putting my family in that position.

+1

got the waitlist letter here too. i wonder if baylor rejects anyone post interview

They said at the interview that they mostly didn't -- if they did decide to reject somebody outright, it was probably because his/her interview revealed glaring flaws.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would at least wait a week past May 15th to start writing off Baylor. There are plenty of others out there putting life and housing on hold until after then.

I would at least wait a week past May 15th to start writing off Baylor. There are plenty of others out there putting life and housing on hold until after then.

...is there something wrong with making a decision now? I don't understand why you think your advice is applicable to everyone in this thread, and I don't intend that in a mean or hostile way -- just different strokes for different folks. I perfectly understand wanting to get this process over with.

waitlist email, OOS

:( WL here too. There goes that hope of an acceptance today. I don't think anyone should worry about being rejected at this point. They would have done it earlier. I think this means they've filled their class, for now. If we're lucky, after May 15th a few spots will open up. Anyways, this is some rollercoaster.

waitlist email, OOS

I called the office, and apparently if someone OOS turns down an acceptance then Baylor will accept someone OOS from the waitlist. The lady that I talked to said that they are currently overbooked with OOS offers, so it might be a while if at all before someone OOS is pulled off the waitlist. FWIW.

I called the office, and apparently if someone OOS turns down an acceptance then Baylor will accept someone OOS from the waitlist. The lady that I talked to said that they are currently overbooked with OOS offers, so it might be a while if at all before someone OOS is pulled off the waitlist. FWIW.

well now i hope everyone OOS accepted to baylor also got accepted to harvard

WL email here too.

good times.

for those who are withdrawing, thank you. i am sure it is tempting to stay on the list "just to see" if you got in, so that is why i especially appreciate it....

May 15th is the "make your $300 deposit" day for those who have acceptances. By that time the financial aid packages will also be known. For those that don't have families, etc., and don't need to make a decision quickly (or are coming to Houston anyway), I would wait until at least one week past May 15th before I would write BCM off (as suggested above by Humble, I think).

Well, I received no email, however my mom got a call from BCM today at the home number. She didn't answer in time and I have nothing on my cell phone. She called back and was told that they were out of the office (5pm close).

Now I dont know what to do until Monday??!?!!!

Well, I received no email, however my mom got a call from BCM today at the home number. She didn't answer in time and I have nothing on my cell phone. She called back and was told that they were out of the office (5pm close).

Sounds like you have a little bit of excitement on your hands. Could be good ... could be ok. I sure hope they don't call you to reject you. Happy dreams! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

I'd still call the office - someone might still be around. Sounds like good news to me! :thumbup:

WL but I am withdrawing. Good luck to those still waiting!

If you have an answering machine at the home, Dr. Michael should have left a message if it was an acceptance call. :luck:

Sounds like you have a little bit of excitement on your hands. Could be good ... could be ok. I sure hope they don't call you to reject you. Happy dreams! :luck:

ha, I'm just going to wait until Monday

unfortunately, my cell has no reception in the lab

If you have an answering machine at the home, Dr. Michael should have left a message if it was an acceptance call. :luck:

would he have left a message on my family's answering machine? I'd be inclined to say no, and that he'd only leave a message on personal voicemail

..maybe it's just wishful thinking :scared:

would he have left a message on my family's answering machine? I'd be inclined to say no, and that he'd only leave a message on personal voicemail

Did you give the school two different numbers?

i did read on last year's thread that they did call the parents line before using the prefered cell phone number.

are you OOS?

and by the way...how did your mom know it was baylor? i though they call from an "unknown" number?

Did you give the school two different numbers?

No, during the app process I was in Lima, Peru and gave the school only my home number. I completely forgot and thus never changed it.

mlle3000 said:
i did read on last year's thread that they did call the parents line before using the prefered cell phone number.

are you OOS?

and by the way...how did your mom know it was baylor? i though they call from an "unknown" number?

I'm in-state and my mom said it said BCM with the general phone number listed

hmmm....

I got accepted today. I've been all gung-ho for UTSW for several years....and now there's a small part of me that doesn't know what I want to do anymore:scared:

wow! congrats Beadle!

and black, i'd say you're in a good position... :)

I got accepted today. I've been all gung-ho for UTSW for several years....and now there's a small part of me that doesn't know what I want to do anymore:scared:

I'd go to UTSW

Time to bring back the smiley. This one's for you Baylor:
fing09.gif

I got the GFY email too....

I'd go to UTSW

:laugh: I just feel the love coming right through on that message. :D

I went to BCM recently and checked the place out while I took care of some things. One thing I can't figure out is the white coats that are as long as bridal gowns!

Not quite this long:
http://www.tuscanyweddingchapel.com/images/Capri%203.jpg

What's up with that?! They look more like trench coats than lab coats. Oh well, everyone was really nice and helpful.

You should go to Baylor so I can get off the waitlist at UTSW

Anyone in this thread who got accepted to Penn and Baylor should go to Baylor so I can get off the Penn waitlist...:D

Penn has a higher Step 1 avg. Go to Penn. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone hear of any post-interview rejections?

Weren't there a few? Not on this board from my recollection.

Baylor notify applicant of acceptance via phone call AND email right?

Baylor notify applicant of acceptance via phone call AND email right?

Not really. Notification is via phone and followed by letter (a week or more later). There are e-mails that accepted students get, but those are not the acceptance notification.

Anyone hear of any post-interview rejections?

my understanding is that post-interview rejection does happen....but i think not as much as us waitlisters would like... (you know...help weed out more competition :) )

Not really. Notification is via phone and followed by letter (a week or more later). There are e-mails that accepted students get, but those are not the acceptance notification.

I guess someone is out of luck if their whole family decides to go out of country then. Well, there is voice mail message but...

I guess someone is out of luck if their whole family decides to go out of country then. Well, there is voice mail message but...

Call BCM and let them know. I'm sure they can accommodate you. Maybe you can have a friend or relative take the calls for you (give an alternate number while you are gone).

add me to the WL email list...

congratulations, beadle!

black, did you call the office today? i hope you had some good news!

black, did you call the office today? i hope you had some good news!

yes, and what a funny story that is

8:00 AM - wake up (even though I don't have any M classes) to call up the admissions office
8:30 AM - finally get around to making the call
8:31 AM - I am informed that there is no status change on my app and that I will hear within the week by a secretary
8:35 AM -5:20 PM - I spend the day frustrated at the situation
5:21 PM - my dad calls to ask if I have any news
5:23 PM - a number I don't recognize beeps in as I'm talking to my dad, my heart skips a beat
5:24 PM - Dean Michael lets me know of my acceptance

:love: :love: :love: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't even know what to think right now, this is amazing!

Black, you are the man! Congrats again buddy! I guess this means we aren't going to the same med school next year aye??? :(

yes, and what a funny story that is

8:00 AM - wake up (even though I don't have any M classes) to call up the admissions office
8:30 AM - finally get around to making the call
8:31 AM - I am informed that there is no status change on my app and that I will hear within the week by a secretary
8:35 AM -5:20 PM - I spend the day frustrated at the situation
5:21 PM - my dad calls to ask if I have any news
5:23 PM - a number I don't recognize beeps in as I'm talking to my dad, my heart skips a beat

Excellent news! :D :thumbup: Let's hope you are the first of several!

ohhh! congrats black!!! you must be floating!!! :) i'm so excited for you! what a great story, by the way!

p.s....i saw your post on the c/o 2011 thread....

that's it!?!?!?! come on! i know you're more excited than that! let's see some all caps or some punctuation or something!!! ;) you know you want to.....

p.s....i saw your post on the c/o 2011 thread....

that's it!?!?!?! come on! i know you're more excited than that! let's see some all caps or some punctuation or something!!! ;) you know you want to.....
haha - I had 3 presentations and an exam today, I think that's about as excited as I'm going to get tonight

maybe I'll edit tomorrow

here's hoping to some WL movement for you guys !!! Good luck !