Anyone hear from Yeshiva??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i hope not...well thats all im giving them till to make a decision otherwise i ll have to take iniative.

Members don't see this ad.

Well...I just received an official letter from Yeshiva today telling me that I was placed on the top of the alternate list (waitlist). I'm feeling ambivalent at this point. I don't know whether to feel happy or insulted. Meh, that's what I get for partying all throughout my undergraduate studies. Anyone else receive any news yet? Also, should I be accepting MSPP's offer over Yeshiva? They both are on equal pedestals imo, but I could just be totally misguided.

I just found this article while researching waitlists (yeah, I'm cool :rolleyes:). Could be helpful to others.
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/waitlistsandupdates/f/priorityWL.htm

I heard from them yesterday afternoon with an acceptance via phone to the clinical health program. To answer your question, I do think we were ALL on that waitlist. I'm assuming that as rejections to their offer trickle in, they'll slowly but surely, pull from the waitlist. I believe that's what happened in my case as it seems awfully late to have received an offer. Don't you think?
At any rate, there's some consolation in it all. Now THEY'LL have to wait until I make up MY mind. :rolleyes: j/k

PS With the way YU operated thus far, I'm not giving up my other slots until I see something in writing! LOL

I received an acceptance from clinical health phd on march 7th. I declined about a week and a half/two weeks later. Hopefully one of you guys either got my spot or will get it soon.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well...I just received an official letter from Yeshiva today telling me that I was placed on the top of the alternate list (waitlist). I'm feeling ambivalent at this point. I don't know whether to feel happy or insulted. Meh, that's what I get for partying all throughout my undergraduate studies. Anyone else receive any news yet? Also, should I be accepting MSPP's offer over Yeshiva? They both are on equal pedestals imo, but I could just be totally misguided.

I just found this article while researching waitlists (yeah, I'm cool :rolleyes:). Could be helpful to others.
http://collegeapps.about.com/od/waitlistsandupdates/f/priorityWL.htm

I am jealous of any correspondence at this point. I would certainly like to know one way or the other and I understand I am not alone. Hurry up and wait... why do I have flashbacks of the Navy?

dont worry, im sure all the interviewees got waitlisted

Hi, I was accepted to the PsyD program a couple weeks ago (by phone and then letter) and declined the offer today. So, hopefully that will free up a spot! I do agree that the interview was not as organized as others I've been to, and did feel very brief. Perhaps they're overwhelmed by the number of applicants?

Hi Greenfield,

Thanks for giving up your spot. That could be a life-changer for one of us, lol. I am so tired of all this waiting.

Anyone know if its required to send in the Personal Information Record with full faced photos?

haha let me explain in more detail then...i was sent a post card to sign out from yeshiva asking if i stilled wanted to remain on the waitlist. they asked for head shots and a signature.

LOL, headshots. What do they want to do, cast you in a play??

lol im not sure...i found it quite odd at first... but i made sure to send in a flattering pic of myself. it might be to help remind the interviewers who they interviewed. or they could be profiling...in that case im screwed!:(

April 4th and still nothing. Anybody else have any news?

Members don't see this ad :)
No new, and I tried calling the admissions office again today, and they're closed for spring break (with a really weird voice message, I might add). So that must mean at least another week! This is too much.

I still haven't heard anything from Yeshiva either. I already accepted an offer from another program though.
BTW - I doubt you'll be able to get through to the office til next Wednesday (Passover ends next Tuesday night).

so have u guys received the forms i was talking about earlier?

No forms, no letters, no returned phone calls, no returned emails. I assume that this means rejection, but I woud like to know for certain.

:rolleyes:

How's this for annoying?

I called the admissions office this morning, because they said on the voicmail yesterday that they'd be in for a while today (despite spring break). When I asked about the waitlist, the guy told me that they hadn't ranked the waitlist yet (which is contrary to what Dr. Givner had said), and then said that waitlisted people shouldn't expect to hear anything until after the 23rd of April, because accepted applicants only have to have their acceptances postmakred by the15th, so they give an extra week before they even look at the waitlist!

I can't believe we're still looking at 2 1/2 weeks before we know anything. :eek:

My point is, it would just be nice of them to make a quick phone call/email to let people know if they were waitlisted. How hard is that? How many interviews could there have been, 100 ?? How long does a mass email take to write, 15 minutes???

top 3rd of the waitlist?...wth does that mean! deadlines are coming up! ahhh!

top 3rd of the waitlist?...wth does that mean! deadlines are coming up! ahhh!

Who told you that info? Did you call them or did they call you? And top 3rd out of how many? Could this be any more frustrating?

sukurux,

how'd you find that out?

i found out by calling them. dunno what to do...they didn't tell me how many people were on it. anyone wanna ask?

i found out by calling them. dunno what to do...they didn't tell me how many people were on it. anyone wanna ask?

Well, I tried.... They also told me that I am in the "top third" of the waitlist. I tried to get more information from them, and and she said that she couldn't tell me where I was on the list exactly, but that there "aren't many" ahead of me. I also asked if she could speculate on the status of those who have accepted/declined their offers, and she flat out said no. So basically, I don't know any more than I knew before calling.

This is too frustrating. Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

well i'm in quite a pickle now...i've sent out mail to MSPP this morning with my deposit accepting their offer....but now Yeshiva is saying they will accept by the end of this day...what to do? do i cancel the check to MSPP and apologize for any inconvenience and tell them to disregard the mail? argh...

well i'm in quite a pickle now...i've sent out mail to MSPP this morning with my deposit accepting their offer....but now Yeshiva is saying they will accept by the end of this day...what to do? do i cancel the check to MSPP and apologize for any inconvenience and tell them to disregard the mail? argh...

Oooh... that is a pickle. I think if I was you I would wait and see what Yeshiva actually does. It's not as though they are *ahem* terribly forthright. If I had an acceptance from Yeshiva in writing and in my hand, I might have an issue, but otherwise I would go with the bird in hand...

Good luck and congratulations regardless!

Well i have just been informed that I have been accepted into Yeshiva. So now what? I have already called MSPP and told them about my situation. I hope they can understand...

Sukurux,

You heard today, saturday, that you got acepted? How? Phone, letter, email?

Well i have just been informed that I have been accepted into Yeshiva. So now what? I have already called MSPP and told them about my situation. I hope they can understand...

I'm certain that your situation is not unique and these programs are used to a certain amount of last-minute changes. Cancel the check, thank MSPP for the offer and good luck at Yeshiva!

Grrr I just signed up to this thing and can't believe so many other people got emails saying " I am pleased to inform you that you are on the top of our waitlist"!!!!! That is such a joke.

A lot of people have commented that they wanna go to Yeshiva because the location is convenient for them. Can anyone describe any reasons why Yeshiva has a great psyd program?

i cancelled the check. they sent me email confirming that i was accepted. theyre also doin meditation research which im interested in.

Grrr I just signed up to this thing and can't believe so many other people got emails saying " I am pleased to inform you that you are on the top of our waitlist"!!!!! That is such a joke.

A lot of people have commented that they wanna go to Yeshiva because the location is convenient for them. Can anyone describe any reasons why Yeshiva has a great psyd program?

I chose yeshiva over la salle and xavier. it was a tough choice but yeshiva had the best internship placements rates and locations. The faculty seemed very impressive as well. I've been in touch with several 4th years and beside the hard work, they have enjoyed their time there and feel confident that they will be able to do whatever they desire.

And yes, location was a big factor for me. Being in nyc will provide me the opportunity to work with many different types of populations which might be more difficult being in a smaller city.

Here is a list of internship placements for this year:

Montefiore Medical Center
Bronx VA Medical Center (3 of the 4 placements are Ferkauf Students)
Manhattan VA Med Ctr
Brooklyn VA Medical Center
Columbia Presbyterian
Yale Medical Center
Long Island Jewish Medical Center (2 students)
Mount Sinai medical center (2 students)
Mount Sinai at Elmhurst Hospital
VA California-Sepluvida
St. Luke's Roosevelt
Jacobi Medical Center
North Central Bronx Medical Center
Woodhull Medical Center
Rockland Psychiatric Center
Mercy First hospital
Andrus Children's Center
Karen Horney

hope that helps!

thanks for the useful info. r u going to be living on campus? still deciding where i should live. a friend told me that living on campus would cost 300 a month?? :eek:

thanks for the useful info. r u going to be living on campus? still deciding where i should live. a friend told me that living on campus would cost 300 a month?? :eek:

whoa, on campus housing? i didnt think it was available for ferkauf students. I really want to get an apartment within walking distance of the school. the prices i saw were in the $800 - $900 range :(

so sukurux, you are also in the clinical psyd program? wow i dont know anyone else so this is exciting... ;) are you from the area?

hey I'll also be at yeshiva next year-in the Clinical psyd program. Will you guys be in that program too?

whoa, on campus housing? i didnt think it was available for ferkauf students. I really want to get an apartment within walking distance of the school. the prices i saw were in the $800 - $900 range :(

so sukurux, you are also in the clinical psyd program? wow i dont know anyone else so this is exciting... ;) are you from the area?

oh 800 - 900 isnt sooo terrible for a place in ny. yeah i wanna live close to the school too cuz i really dunno how safe it is around that area. otherwise i'll have to move somewhere incredibly expensive near the manhattan area. i'm also in the clinical psyd program. i actually live in central nj at the moment. woohoo so theres more than 2 of us goin. i'll call and ask about housing situations later this week.

hey I'll also be at yeshiva next year-in the Clinical psyd program. Will you guys be in that program too?

yeah
im very excited bc ill be making a quite a big location change. ive been raised in sc and went to college in ga. i have a feeling ill be one of the few southerners :)

have either you or sukurux been awarded a financial package? i havent received anything yet in the mail.

there was a 5000 scholarship. but thats all i've been offered so far. i also applied for loans a few weeks ago. i heard yeshiva is very stingy with the funding...

how are u guys going about finding a place to live? i dont really know where to start.

there was a 5000 scholarship. but thats all i've been offered so far. i also applied for loans a few weeks ago. i heard yeshiva is very stingy with the funding...

How did they notify you of the 5000 scholarship? Did you have to apply for it? It would be great to get something. . . .

I actually will be living at home-about an hour away.

How did they notify you of the 5000 scholarship? Did you have to apply for it? It would be great to get something. . . .

I actually will be living at home-about an hour away.
they notified me via email. so were you on the waitlist? i wonder what was the max scholarship offered.

they notified me via email. so were you on the waitlist? i wonder what was the max scholarship offered.

I wasn't on the waitlist (as far as i know i was accepted from the start), but i wasn't offered any sort of scholarship.