anyone heard from Minnesota or VCU lately?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheet85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...has anyone heard anything from VCU or Minnesota? are they still handing out interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

VCU takes a holiday break from December to January. There are usually no interviews during that time.

i have a buddy that has interviewed at VCU already, but i have been under review there for at least 3 months. don't know about minnesota.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a buddy that has interviewed at VCU already, but i have been under review there for at least 3 months. don't know about minnesota.

ditto, i have been under review for like 2 months now but hey no news is better than bad news, right!?

ditto, i have been under review for like 2 months now but hey no news is better than bad news, right!?

When VCU offers you an interview, they don't inform you of an acceptance until December 1. That seems standard for most schools, right? It is rolling, so there will likely be more interviews in Feb and some maybe even later.

For the class of 2011, there were 2300 applicants to VCU. I think there are 90 open spots unless they increased their class size. I think the rest come from D.5 though.

VCU takes a holiday break from December to January. There are usually no interviews during that time.

Actually, I was offered an interview at VCU after my DAT retake (Oct. 30) for December 4th. They offered me interview days on the 5th and 6th as well, so do not lose hope for an interview in December :)

Actually, I was offered an interview at VCU after my DAT retake (Oct. 30) for December 4th. They offered me interview days on the 5th and 6th as well, so do not lose hope for an interview in December :)

did any school as you to retake or did you notify any that you would? I'm just trying to gage if that has anything to do with a change in the way your application is being looked at. Did your scores dramatically change or something?

did any school as you to retake or did you notify any that you would? I'm just trying to gage if that has anything to do with a change in the way your application is being looked at. Did your scores dramatically change or something?

When I submitted my AADSAS app, I indicated that I was gonna retake it in October. Detroit Mercy was the only one that asked me to retake it because of my QR. I know a bunch of schools put me on hold until they got my second DAT scores, one school gave me an interview before the new scores (UCSF), and some schools didn't bother to wait for the new scores before rejecting me (UPenn, Temple, Case).

First DAT:

AA 18
PAT 17
TS 17

Bio 17
GC 17
OC 18
RC 18
QR 15

Second DAT:

AA 20
PAT 20