anyone heard from tufts?

Started by littlep
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we're realizing a really great idea for a comedic masterpiece: 30 or so vet school applicants in a room, each with their own computer, decision dates coming and going with no word... Refresh, refresh, refresh. A God-like figure called the Tufts Admissions Office occasionally peeking in and giggling, feet up on His desk watching soap operas, rolling cigars out of our acceptance/rejection letter. It's very Sartre-esque, but honestly! This is really testing my resolve to be a mature, patient human being!
 
apparently letters are going out either today or tomorrow. No idea about when they'll go up online, I think that may to fall to someone outside of the admissions office actually but I'm not positive.

Oh no, not another day of waiting! My unhealthy dependence of this forum will be demonstrated now......... BUT......... looking back at last years posts, they got their email at around 2:17 on March 7th... Which was a Tuesday. So going by that logic we should get it today! But since it is now 2:24... my logic is already failing me. 🙁
 
Oh no, not another day of waiting! My unhealthy dependence of this forum will be demonstrated now......... BUT......... looking back at last years posts, they got their email at around 2:17 on March 7th... Which was a Tuesday. So going by that logic we should get it today! But since it is now 2:24... my logic is already failing me. 🙁

Yipee!!! I was right. Check your email!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, what? I didn't get anything

Greetings from the Office of Admissions,

The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for the Class
of 2011. All admission decisions will be posted online. You may log on
to our Application Management System using your username and password
after 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 6, 2007, to view the committee's
decision on your application.

You will also receive a copy of this letter via regular U.S. mail.

Best wishes.

Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions
 
Don't you guys have jobs or studying to be doing??

Hah..yeah, right...like I'm not checking my email every five minutes too. Good luck guys!! Looks like they are up by 5 today! 👍
 
where are we supposed to log on? just as if we were logging on to our application or is there another website? Help!
 
thanks a lot cyrille!!!🙂
how funny...just minutes after I looked at your answer I got an email from Tufts saying:
"Here is the login link to the Application Management System

http://grad.admissions.tufts.edu/APP/login.aspx


We are sorry that we did not include this in our previous email.

Rebecca Russo
Director of Admissions"

They read my nervous mind! lol!😀
 
Congrats! I'm an Alternate. Boo...... here's to another month of waiting... Anyone know anyone know the chances of getting accepted off of the alternate list?
 
alternate! on the list that'll never move..? congrats everyone! anyone know on how many ppl they actually accept? reject? alternate?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the deal is with the state contracts for Mass residents? I missed the financial aid session because of the snowstorm.

Thanks!
 
congrats everyone!! yay. the alternate list does move, i have a few friends that got in off the alternate list last year 🙂 so definitely dont give up hope yet!
 
Are you guys all in state or out of state? So When I log on it says your decision will be found here when ready. Grrrr. I swear they put a bunch in and sent e-mails out and then went home because its 5:00. I hate waiting.
 
alternate too.
does anyone know how many alternates they have? i can see from here there are a couple already.
 
Looks like there are a lot of us! Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted!

And you know what? I never got the e-mail! Thank goodness for this forum!
 
alternate. grrr. i posted this same question on another thread- but anyone know what the protocol is re: do you say yes to another school you got into just in case you don't get into tufts? does tufts find out you said yes to another school? do they expect you to do this so you don't shoot yourself in the foot?
 
i too am an alternate... how craptacular.... and im in-state... at least i got in somewhere (thank you colorado!!) and i interviewed at uc davis today.. how is it that 2 schools that are notorious for not letting in out of staters love me more than tufts??? (sorry... just a little bitter... especially about tufts notification process... 🙂 ) the more into this process i go, the more i find that there is no rhyme or reason to any of the admissions insanity 🙂

well congrats to all of you who got in 🙂 now... to stalk admissions to see where i fall in their waitlist.... which they mentioned something in the notification letter about that as well... but at the time i was too bummed to keep reading 🙂
 
I would recommend that you wait until close to the deadline in case you get word from Tufts...and then you should send your deposit to the other school that you got in to. I am sure Tufts must understand that you need to keep a backup plan in play. If you get in to Tufts, you can cancel at the other school...although you will likely lose your 500 deposit from them. Think of this as a business plan. Unless you're sure you would rather wait a year to go to vet school than go to this other school...You can't just sit on Tufts when you got in somewhere else!!
 
Congrats! I'm an Alternate. Boo...... here's to another month of waiting... Anyone know anyone know the chances of getting accepted off of the alternate list?
i do not know. but i'll be turning down an acceptance since i got accepted to my in-state school, so your chances just got better 🙂 :luck:
 
I'm also turning down my acceptance at Tufts...so for sure the waitlist will move 🙂 good luck to everyone :luck:
 
I was just wondering if there is anybody out there still waiting to hear from Tufts. My website still says "Your decision will be here when it is ready" kind of thing. Do you think I should call or do you think they send things out in phases?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would call them if I were you. I believe everyone's decision was posted at the same time but maybe some glitch occured with yours when the uploaded the letters. They also sent out a letter in the mail.
 
hey guys, i will be declining my alternate position at tufts. good luck alternates!