Anyone heard from UAB?

Started by rtr6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rtr6

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from UAB? I interviewed there on Jan. 28th and I'm getting antsy.
 
I interviewed Feb 20 and they had one more round to go. They said letters should go out middle of march.
 
I interviewed Feb 20 and they had one more round to go. They said letters should go out middle of march.
That's when some of my friends interviewed. After my interview on the 28th they told me late February to early March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed on the 23rd and haven't heard anything either. I think
they call if you got in and send a letter if not. That's what I heard at least.
I was expecting to hear by now too.
 
I interviewed in January, too. But a friend of mine was at their last interview day this past Friday. She told me that they said that they would be making their decisions and we should hear back in the next two weeks. So fingers crossed!
 
Looking at last year's forum, people were notified on a Wednesday around March 3. So mabe we will hear something tomorrow? But who knows.
 
I got a call too! I had an early interview also so I'm not sure if they called everyone today.
 
I haven't heard anything yet. So I guess that means I didn't get in or they haven't gotten to everyone yet.
 
Did you guys get that email from Dr. Christy today saying we would either hear by phone or mail no later than March 30th? Probably a stupid question since yall have already been accepted?
 
Did you guys get that email from Dr. Christy today saying we would either hear by phone or mail no later than March 30th? Probably a stupid question since yall have already been accepted?

Today I got the confirmation acceptance email. She just called yesterday. Good luck!
 
I got the email about deliberations taking longer than expected and will hear something by March 30th.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i just got the acceptance call about an hour ago! i literally could not be more happy right now =] this whole process has been extremely stressful and i honestly didn't think i would get in anywhere this year and would have to reapply again next cycle. so good luck to everyone accepted and still waiting to hear back from them!
 
Just got an email this morning stating I am #2 on the waitlist. I know typically around 10-15 people get in off the waitlist, so hopefully I will be getting in soon. Does anyone know someone that has been accepted is declining?
 
I just emailed Betsy Coleman and she said there are 7 people who were accepted that have not made a decision yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. What # were you PThopeful?
 
Just got an email this morning stating I am #2 on the waitlist. I know typically around 10-15 people get in off the waitlist, so hopefully I will be getting in soon. Does anyone know someone that has been accepted is declining?

I agree. I honestly think you will be fine! I know one friend of mine who declined to attend South.
 
Betsy Coleman just said that I was moved up to alternate #1 which means everyone else has moved up a spot. She said they were wating on 4 people to decide and their decisions were due by the end of the week.
 
Didn't they say 50 in the interview? I am not 100% sure, I would say right around that number.
 
Rtr6, did you email Betsy Coleman to ask for updates? I'm just wondering when I might be notified if I move up on list?
 
PThopeful, yes I emailed her to make sure uab received my letter of intent and asked her. She updated me on my status and said the end of the week would probably be a big moving day on the list.
 
Just got the call from Betsy Coleman and I'm in! Now I guess I'll have to find a job for the fall lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks hopefloats and Pthopeful. Im sure you will have moved up alot by tomorrow Pthopeful. Keep us updated.
 
Well, I just found out today that I got rejected from my last school, so UAB is my last hope now for this year!! Fingers and ties crossed!! 🙂
 
We need to create a Facebook acceptance page. I guess we should email Betsy and let her know this so she could send out an email.