Anyone here anything from UMDNJ yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ngozi Onyema

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here anything from UMDNJ yet? They should have sent an email by now about choosing an interview date and time.

Members don't see this ad.

Which UMDNJ (North or South)? They both have separate admissions processes.

I heard back from Stratford on Wednesday! Top school due to both location and instate tuition. Interview is on Jan 3rd

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited for an interview scheduled for January 2nd at UMDNJ Newark yesterday

Last edited:
Which UMDNJ (North or South)? They both have separate admissions processes.

North. Newark.

Hope my invitation comes in soon but at the same time I don't think I'll be asked to come in for an interview.

Just realized i spelled "hear" wrong.

I applied to both and I haven't heard a peep from UMDNJ-North, however I received an interview invitation for UMDNJ-South for 12/23 earlier this week. They both have totally different admission processes. Hopefully hear from North soon.

UMDNJ-North is interviewing on January 2nd and 3rd this year.

I have not heard anything from North yet.

I didn't even know that there was two application processes for both campuses. I just applied using PTCAS which I now assume is only for the north school and there is some other way which I am unaware of to apply to the south school. I assume both schools (North and South) have the same requirements and competitiveness). So I guess it doesn't matter that I missed applying to the south,. If I don't get in to the north I probably wouldn't get in to the south.

I heard back from Stratford on Wednesday! Top school due to both location and instate tuition. Interview is on Jan 3rd

I have an interview in Stratford on Jan 3rd too, what time is yours? Perhaps it'll be a group interview?

Hi. I also applied to both schools. I haven't heard from the Newark campus yet, but I have an interview in Stratford on January 3rd. Does anyone know how many people they usually interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from stratford last week and got an interview for the 3rd, but Newark just contacted me today and wants to interview me on the 3rd as well. Both interviews are at 9am. Anyone else have this problem?

For people that are waiting to hear back from Newark Campus I called today and the woman that sends out the emails about interviews was out sick for a couple days and she will be sending out the rest of the emails by the end of the week. Good Luck!

I have an interview in Newark on the 3rd but I think I will have to decline. O have three other interviews in the next few weeks and financially can't afford another.

For people that are waiting to hear back from Newark Campus I called today and the woman that sends out the emails about interviews was out sick for a couple days and she will be sending out the rest of the emails by the end of the week. Good Luck!

Okay. From what I remember last cycle, they first sent out interview date & time request/choice emails, then they later sent a confirmation of the interview (which by the way I was denied last cycle). I wonder if they are doing that again this cycle because people are saying that they have interviews with Newark already when I didn't think that would be decided until near the end of December(as they did last cycle). Are you guys that have interviews with Newark confirmed by UMDNJ of the date of the interview or did you just choose the date? Or were you given the interview date without a choice?

I don't know why last cycle I received both an email to choose a date & time that I'd like to interview and sometime later before the interview date (around Christmas) I received a rejection letter.

Maybe the sending of the interview choice date form to me was a mistake. Or do they send that to all applicants before making a decision on whether or not the applicant will be granted an interview? Just so they can get that out of the way before they make a decision on who they'll interview. They may have done away with the "give the applicant the choice of interview date" part this cycle.

I don't know. It seems that those that have interviews this cycle did not have the choice to choose an interview date (from the fact that they already know which date they're interviewing) and instead were just given one by UMDNJ. Am I correct?

If so, the letter I should be expecting in the email is either an interview date chosen by the school or a rejection letter.

This year they are actually choosing a time already for you and you have to respond whether you are going or not going.

I heard from stratford last week and got an interview for the 3rd, but Newark just contacted me today and wants to interview me on the 3rd as well. Both interviews are at 9am. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem as well! I confirmed my appointment with Stratford a couple weeks ago then received Newark's invitation ...any advice, does anyone know if either campus is flexible with rescheduling interview dates? Don't want to jeopardize my chances...

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for a response from UMDNJ. I think the fact that it's taking so long means that I'm going to get a rejection letter instead of an invitation. They're probably sending out all invitation emails out first then they'll do rejection emails.

I have received an invitation for the 3rd for Newark, however I'm not sure If I'm accepting or not- flying up from Fl is pretty costly for a short notice.

They offered me a phone interview on December 28th when I told the I could not afford to fly put there for an interview. I live in Utah

I didn't know that a phone interview was an option! Hopefully they'll allow me to do so.

I got an interview on the 2nd. Hopefully, I see some of you guys.

What does it mean that I have not heard whether I have an interview or whether I've been rejected yet?

I should have stopped off at UMDNJ today, I was in the area.

Bad news. Just called them and they said they won't be inviting me for an interview.

Last edited:
Had my phone interview today and it went amazingly. I would be very surprised if I wasn't accepted! Good luck every one!

Had my phone interview today and it went amazingly. I would be very surprised if I wasn't accepted! Good luck every one!

Congrats! thats such a relief! What types of questions did they ask?

Things like what did you learn during observation hours, where in the world woulds you like to travel , and things specific to my application.

Did you all know umdnj-newark will be an extension of Rutgers university as of July?

I Interviewed at UMDNJ Newark today. I went Into the interview thinking that I would definitely not be attending. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with the program as a whole. Their emphasis on strong research-based clinical education is what mostly swayed me. I thought that the faculty member who interviewed me was genuinely interested in my background, my interests, and how UMDNJ can be a right fit for me. I now have to make an unexpected decision to possibly attend! Good luck to everyone who is interviewing this week!

Last edited:
Hey! I interviewed there yesterday as well and really liked it... I didn't hear word of when we' d here back about acceptance/rejection... did anyone else??

They said about three weeks from the interview date.

Had my interviews for both campuses this week. Really liked both programs and hope to hear back soon. I heard North hears back towards the middle of January, not sure about Stratford...

Hey how did everyone's interview go? Does anyone know if they will notify us of admissions via email or mail? Just wondering because interview requests were done through email. Kathy London said we should hear back fairly soon.

I was told that UMDNJ is making decisions on Jan. 8th and everyone should hear back by the end of the month. Good Luck to everyone!

I got an informal acceptance through email today.

Did you receive it early today or just recently? Sorry I am so nervous and this is my second time trying to get in!!

I received it at around 2 today. I'm so surprised they emailed us so quickly.

Congrats arandelam! Are you accepting the admission?

Do you guys know if UMDNJ sent out all of the applications at once today? I know the interview requests were sent out as they processed the applications. I'm hoping the same for the acceptances.

I know they said they were going to send them out and then wait for people to decline and then send out more. However, I don't know if all of the first wave were sent out today.

I know they said they were going to send them out and then wait for people to decline and then send out more. However, I don't know if all of the first wave were sent out today.
Did you hear back yet or no?

Congratulations arandelam1. I feel weird that I was not invited for an interview at UMDNJ. I kind of feel that I should be going to that school. Oh well. I got an email interview request today for another school. I can't say which school. The email says not to say anything about it because not all students are invited for an interview or may be invited at another date. Whatever. I'm under the weather today.

guys, when talking please say which umdnj you are refferring to, newark or stratford

I got into Newark today too! So excited!

Man UMDNJ is so much cheaper than the other schools I applied to that it makes me want to just drop everything and just put my all in to getting in to UMDNJ next cycle. Only thing I worry is that some of my prerequisite courses may be too old. I'll check that. It may be more financially beneficial for me to postpone DPT school for another year even if it means retaking a couple expired prerequisite courses.... Just checked and the only prerequisite courses that may be too old for next cycle is my A&P1 which I took in Spring 2003 and the last math I took was Calculus in Summer 2002. Taking those courses again would only cost me a few thousand dollars while being accepted and going to UMDNJ vs other schools would save me tens of thousands of dollars being that I live in NJ.

Edit: at the same time I remember Calculus being hell for me, even though I finished with a B after taking it a second time. The first time I took it I got an F. But I don't necessarily have to take Calculus, I can take Geometry, Pre-Calc or Trig.

Last edited: