Anyone here from St John Fisher?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah I got my acceptance letter today, but I live really close....but keep an eye on your mailbox

which group did you interview in? 830 or 945?

I interviewed in 8:30 group..
Congrates on your acceptance.
Hope I will get it soon......

Members don't see this ad.

To those who got an interview recently, how long ago did you submit your application ( pharmcas+supplemental) before you received your interview invite?

I'm getting anxious, I submitted my supplemental & pharmcas at the end of December and still have not heard any thing from them other than a confirmation for the supplemental. When I called admissions, they said my file was complete and in process for review.

I was just wondering if it took everyone a long time to hear back from them or was it a nice way to say that I didn't get an interview.

Just curious because it only took about a week for Notre Dame to send me an interview invite after submitting my supplemental.

I submitted everything at the beginning of December and interviewed on February 12th. I was in the same boat until they contacted me. Don't worry, sit tight and I'm sure you will get an invite!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my application in right before the deadline. Got an e-mail from Grad admissions on Feb. 16...I have a lot of experience, but PharmCAS makes me look like a horrible candidate:(...but I'm hoping my other stats make up for it...

I sent my application in right before the deadline. Got an e-mail from Grad admissions on Feb. 16...I have a lot of experience, but PharmCAS makes me look like a horrible candidate:(...but I'm hoping my other stats make up for it...

You could have tried applying earlier? Its not pharmCAS's fault it takes time to organize and verify your information. It takes some processing time to send information to the schools as well. You should have understood this while working on your applications rather than send it last minute.

On the flipside, I sent my application in 2 days before the due date and the school didn't receive it till like 2-3 weeks later. So I dont think you have to worry about too much.

You could have tried applying earlier? Its not pharmCAS's fault it takes time to organize and verify your information. It takes some processing time to send information to the schools as well. You should have understood this while working on your applications rather than send it last minute.

On the flipside, I sent my application in 2 days before the due date and the school didn't receive it till like 2-3 weeks later. So I dont think you have to worry about too much.
I sent mine in about a week before the deadline, but one of my references didn't do their evaluation until like 2 days afterward. I was panicking and making phone calls all over the place, but both Fisher and PharmCAS told me "its fine, as long as you submitted it, we'll get it all."

I just received a letter saying that they have put me on stand by
(waiting list) so does anyone know about this please let me know....
I am so tensed and what are the chances being accepted ??????

I just received a letter saying that they have put me on stand by
(waiting list) so does anyone know about this please let me know....
I am so tensed and what are the chances being accepted ??????

between 0 and 100. Who knows really? Theres definately a chance, I believe AckJ was waitlisted before he was accepted last year. You've done everything you can. Just be patient and try not to worry about it.

between 0 and 100. Who knows really? Theres definately a chance, I believe AckJ was waitlisted before he was accepted last year. You've done everything you can. Just be patient and try not to worry about it.

I was waitlisted as well. In fact, a ****load of people were waitlisted last year. I think somewhere between half a dozen to a dozen people all got yanked off the waitlist on the same day.

I was waitlisted as well. In fact, a ****load of people were waitlisted last year. I think somewhere between half a dozen to a dozen people all got yanked off the waitlist on the same day.
Yeah, just looked back at the old thread, and there were 3 of us that were taken off the waitlist between 3/28 and 3/30. I'm not sure who the 3rd student was, but I know the other two are probably the best students in the class.

Thanks guys.... I hope I listen something positive from them soon.....

This wait is killling I don't know when I am gonna hear ......

I have an interview at St. John Fisher College on March 22nd. I am so excited and looking forward to my interview since Fisher is my top choice school. However, I am also a little concerned because my interview is not very soon. So I am wondering if there will be a limited number of spots available and will I have a good chance of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview at St. John Fisher College on March 22nd. I am so excited and looking forward to my interview since Fisher is my top choice school. However, I am also a little concerned because my interview is not very soon. So I am wondering if there will be a limited number of spots available and will I have a good chance of acceptance?

You'll definitely still have a good chance. Make sure you are well prepared for your interview and you'll be fine.

Good luck :)

Well theres nothing you can really do about it but just worry about how well you do on your interview. I don't think you have too much to worry about. Plenty of students have interviewed around that time or even later and still got into SJFC. My interview was in late March last year and a bunch of my classmates interviewed in April. The fact that you received an interview is a big step in the process.

I was so excited when I got my interview from St. John Fisher College because that is the only school that I would attend even though I applied to 8 other schools. I can't wait for my interview!!!!!!!!:)

I was so excited when I got my interview from St. John Fisher College because that is the only school that I would attend even though I applied to 8 other schools. I can't wait for my interview!!!!!!!!:)

haha I love the enthusiasm

hey Guys, i had applied to St John Fisher in mid January. I have 3.11 cGpa and 3.2 mymath/science GPA. i took my pCAT and i did not do well at all. i had 88percentile on chem 80 percentile on math and 50 percentile on my bio. i really screwed up my verbal and reading. Do you guys think i have possibility to get an interview. Btw how many students did they accept so far? :confused:

I have a question for those who currently attend SJF or have knowledge about Rochester. Even though I'm still waiting for other results, I thought I'd get some info about living arrangements.

I have been on www.rentrochester.com and they have little maps that show the neighborhoods of Rochester/Monroe county. SJF is in located Pittsford, correct?
The adjacent areas to Pittsford are Perinton, Mendon, Henrietta, Brighton and Penfield.
The neighborhoods ot Rochester are: 10th ward, 19th Ward, Art Gallery District, Cascade District, Charlotte, Cobbs Hill, Corn Hill, Culver.Merchants, East End, High Falls, Highland park, Maplewood Park, Marketview Heights, Monroe Avenue, Northeast, Park Avenue, South Wedge, Southwest, St. Paul Quarter, Susan B. Anthony, UofR/Strong, Winton/Browncroft.

How are these areas? I have heard that the area around U of R is the ghetto but I have never been to Rochester outside of my interviews so I have no clue if that is correct. What areas are not so great and should I avoid when looking for apartments? What areas do students tend to live in? What areas are quiet vs. busy? I would like to be in a place where there are not a lot of loud parties.

I also have a car so I have no problem driving. I would like to keep the drive <30 mins. How far are the areas from the college?

I live at eastwood apartments, which is about 5 minutes away. They also have a complex at browncroft which is about 10 minutes away. Both area are nice. Pretty much anywhere near the school is decent and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. www.eastwoodmanagement.com They have a lot of complexes that are about 5-10 minutes away from the school.

I live at eastwood apartments, which is about 5 minutes away. They also have a complex at browncroft which is about 10 minutes away. Both area are nice. Pretty much anywhere near the school is decent and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. www.eastwoodmanagement.com They have a lot of complexes that are about 5-10 minutes away from the school.

This thread is still going on? Sweet! Gray areas be praised!

There are a lot of good places around Rochester. Pretty much you just want to stay away from the west side of the city (having driven through it once or twice, I can say that it's more seedy than bad lemonade). Suburbs on the west side are nice (Chili, Spencerport, Churchville, etc.) but it's a bit of a lengthy daily commute (takes me about 20 minutes).

You think they're giving any more interviews? I haven't received a rejection letter, but I'm just worried because I know I applied late in the cycle. Any word?

This thread is still going on? Sweet! Gray areas be praised!

There are a lot of good places around Rochester. Pretty much you just want to stay away from the west side of the city (having driven through it once or twice, I can say that it's more seedy than bad lemonade). Suburbs on the west side are nice (Chili, Spencerport, Churchville, etc.) but it's a bit of a lengthy daily commute (takes me about 20 minutes).
A commute doesn't bother me - I'd just prefer to keep is < 30 minutes.
I'm not from Rochester, so what exactly constitutes the "west side" of the city? RentRochester.com has a a list of the neighborhoods but those don't really help. I will eventually go into Rochester and look at the areas but right now I'm just trying to eliminate any bad areas.

You think they're giving any more interviews? I haven't received a rejection letter, but I'm just worried because I know I applied late in the cycle. Any word?
They do have three other interview days left as I was told. I received an interview invite by email and they asked me to call and schedule from one of these dates:April the 13th, 19th and 22th. I chose 19th because it was most convinient.
If you don't hear from them just send them an email to get the status of your application. That is what I did and the reply was an interview invitation.So do not feel discourage.
Goodluck.

Hey guys and gals! Congrats to all who have been accepted and those who are in the process! I interviewed on Feb. 24th and I was placed on a wait list. I am sooooooo anxious because it has been three weeks since the letter. Is this uncommon? Also any advice on what I should do while waiting? Its soooo close but feels so far away!

Hey guys and gals! Congrats to all who have been accepted and those who are in the process! I interviewed on Feb. 24th and I was placed on a wait list. I am sooooooo anxious because it has been three weeks since the letter. Is this uncommon? Also any advice on what I should do while waiting? Its soooo close but feels so far away!
I was wait listed last year. Since I'm still here you can guess how that went for me...
I don't remember if there was movement or not last year. They do not rank the wait list so if you call them they really can't tell you where you stand. They can take you off the wait list up until the first day of classes. Other than that, I don't remember getting a lot of updates from them - so that is normal.

Personally, this is just my guess but there probably won't be movement for at least a little while. People may decline their acceptance when they get results from other schools - however some schools are still deciding. Some schools do not give results until the end of april. April 1st and the end of april seem to be popular dates. So I don't think there will be movement until other schools give out their results. There may be more movement during may/early june. You can email carla to get mroe info if you want but I would wait a little while until people have more of an aidea of where they are going. However, that is just my guess.

So I have been reading this website for months and decided to finally sign up when I saw your post about apartment hunting.

I'll also be attending WSOP in the fall.

I currently live in Rochester, and I live in the Park Ave. area. It is considered the 'trendy' area, but there are some pretty affordable apartments around. It is a pretty good area to live. There are lots of young people and lots of stuff to do. It takes me about 12 minutes to get to campus, and that includes sitting at lights and stuff. Totally just my opinion, but I plan on staying down in this area for next few years while I am in school. I'm not really sure where the rest of the pharmacy kids are living.

So I have been reading this website for months and decided to finally sign up when I saw your post about apartment hunting.

I'll also be attending WSOP in the fall.

I currently live in Rochester, and I live in the Park Ave. area. It is considered the 'trendy' area, but there are some pretty affordable apartments around. It is a pretty good area to live. There are lots of young people and lots of stuff to do. It takes me about 12 minutes to get to campus, and that includes sitting at lights and stuff. Totally just my opinion, but I plan on staying down in this area for next few years while I am in school. I'm not really sure where the rest of the pharmacy kids are living.

There majority of students live at the various Eastwood Managed facilities (Eastwood Apartments, Browncroft Apartments, etc.). Park Ave is a nice area, I have two friends who live a few blocks from Park (one on Rowley, one on Arlington). Then of course, there's alenadoma, who's too cool to live in Rochester with the rest of us squares. :smuggrin:

I interviewed April 1st, no response yet

You interviewed on a sunday? its kinda odd.
I had my interview in early march and was put on wait list. Hopefully, I will get in b/c this is my first choice.
Just curious how many were put on wait list?
Hey folks if you were put on wait list would you please identify yourself on this thread so we could have a rough estimate?
thanks

I had my interview in early march and was put on wait list. Hopefully, I will get in b/c this is my first choice.
Hey folks if you were put on wait list would you please identify yourself on this thread so we could have a rough estimate?
thanks

April 1 was a Thursday, brah.

Fisher probably has a fairly healthy waitlist, but you also have to take into consideration the amount of students among whom Fisher is not their first choice (i.e. they applied to UB or Albany or Pitt as their first choice, but wanted to apply to other regional schools to increase their chances of getting in somewhere). Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Last year, I thought it was the end of the world when I didn't get into my first choice of school, but it ended up working out for the best.

April 1 was a Thursday, brah.

Fisher probably has a fairly healthy waitlist, but you also have to take into consideration the amount of students among whom Fisher is not their first choice (i.e. they applied to UB or Albany or Pitt as their first choice, but wanted to apply to other regional schools to increase their chances of getting in somewhere). Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. Last year, I thought it was the end of the world when I didn't get into my first choice of school, but it ended up working out for the best.

My bad for some reason I mistaken april 1 with easter sunday.

thanks

I think there are about 40 people on the wait list currently. There will probably be movement in the coming months...at least there was in past years. You def still have a chance!

so their class is full and they;re just waitlisting/rejecting people now???

i &#9829; pharmacy;9512531 said:
so their class is full and they;re just waitlisting/rejecting people now???

i mean because they are still interviewing, i have one scheduled on the 19th, just wondering if it's worth going now

i &#9829; pharmacy;9514556 said:
i mean because they are still interviewing, i have one scheduled on the 19th, just wondering if it's worth going now

I would still go. A lot of people got in off the waitlist last year. The only circumstance in which I would say don't bother is if you've already been accepted to a school that you would prefer to go to over Fisher.

Has anyone got in recently or taken off the wait list?

thanks
I interviewed April 19th and recieved a wait letter yesterday.

Can anyone post their stats? I just want an idea of how an accepted student looked like.

Im the other one, haven't registered yet however not sure if Im going there even though I gave a heft deposit.