Anyone here take UNE courses online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AHossain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to finish 3 UNE courses (microbio, anatomy, physiology) starting now till June? I am a full time student as well taking 4 ger courses in my last semester in my current undergrad institution. Is this a good idea? Or should I just apply to pharm school for the next cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You'll die bro. Micro, anatomy, and physio are pretty dense

Reactions: 1 user
You'll die bro. Micro, anatomy, and physio are pretty dense

Thanks for the reply bro, I guess I'll just apply in July and have these courses in-progress throughout the year till fall 2018. How's that sound?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking all these classes in March.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey there, I'm taking Anatomy at the moment -- half way into the course. The materials are densely packed into each lecture, unless you've already familiar with some of the materials by working as an athletic trainer or a physical therapist. Be prepared for this course. I'd recommend that you gather all of the materials necessary for the course (books and online access to the lab practical website imc.meded.com) before the class starts, set aside enough time to study (~1 hr/lecture and 2-3 hours to go through the lecture notes, take an end-of-lecture quiz, review and go through the lab after each lecture), and stay committed to finish the class on time.

Good luck!

Hey there, I'm taking Anatomy at the moment -- half way into the course. The materials are densely packed into each lecture, unless you've already familiar with some of the materials by working as an athletic trainer or a physical therapist. Be prepared for this course. I'd recommend that you gather all of the materials necessary for the course (books and online access to the lab practical website imc.meded.com) before the class starts, set aside enough time to study (~1 hr/lecture and 2-3 hours to go through the lecture notes, take an end-of-lecture quiz, review and go through the lab after each lecture), and stay committed to finish the class on time.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the helpful reply! I am considering taking it this march on the 15th. I already have 4 courses going on currently in my last semester. Do you think this is a good idea to take it on? They're just regular easy ger courses. Also, how have the exams been so far? What do you really need to study before taking them? Thanks!

I'd say you might be able to juggle Anatomy and Physio besides your official courses. Just make sure you have enough time, energy, and motivation to handle them. Those two courses requires committing time (~8-10/week for both) and efforts to stay on track. Even though in Anatomy, the lab practicals and tests are in multiple-choice format, they still require thorough understanding of the materials by reviewing notes, quizzes (a few questions in end-of-lecture quizzes show up in exam), and lab materials several times. I wouldn't recommend adding Microbio to your course-load at the moment. If you don't finish the class on time, you'll have to pay extra money to extend the course for another 8 weeks, and IMHO it's not worth it. It might be better to finish your final semester in college (4 courses) and the 2 A&P online courses first.

You can take the Microbio course in the summer or even in the fall or next spring and finish it before heading to pharmacy school in Fall 2018. Note that you still have time, and that you are not required to finish all course requirements while applying to pharmacy school.

Lmk how it goes!

I have to take them before I start Dental school in August. I'm finishing up Biochem next week. Biochem's proctored exams are pretty detailed oriented compare to the weekly quizzes. You really have to know your stuff.

What was your experience like?
I would say orgo 1 grade can predict your success in orgo 2. There are no new concepts, just more and more mechanisms with multiple steps. Same concepts in naming. Thank god no more conformations like chair, Newman projections, and rotations, R and S stereoisomers (I hated it).
Overall, it was easier, I liked it more and did much better. The only mechanism I had to recall SN and E and principle in naming.
If you were ok with orgo 1, than you should do even better in orgo 2.

Edit. If you have any questions about it you can always shoot me a message!

Last edited:

Good luck!

Hi there!
I'm currently taking anatomy, and I'm almost done with unit one. I wanted to see if the written exam that you have to take at the end of each unit was pulled from the 3 questions that are at the end of each module?
Also for the practical, are the pictures exactly the same as what shows on the Human Anatomy Online portion?
Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to get a better idea of what I should be studying in order to prepare for the exams!
Thank you!!

So I wanted to give some of my experince here I have taken Medical Chemistry 1 (1010 both the lab and the lecture) and Medical Chemistry 2 ( 1011 also both the lecture and the lab) and I have found that the lecture really follows the instructors materials and everything given the labs on the other hand, the modules follow the experiments, however the final lab exams in both are quite askew. The problems are very surprising and make you go huh in many aspects. I will have to repeat the first lab (Medical Chemistry 1) for the third time because for the first time I got a C- on the lab and I know that many universities do not accept C-s in their med schools, although Dr. Rowe said UNE does. This is the first time where I took a class where the lab grade was separate from the lecture.

Has anyone taken PHSL 1010 Medical Phys? I'm taking it with Sally Sommers Smith, and wanna know what the exams are like.