Anyone in Navy HPSP/USUHS that wants to switch into AF HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

estherleeguard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Esther Lee and I'm a second year medical student at VCOM.

The reason for this post is: I would like to find a Navy HPSP/ USUHS student who would like to enter the Air Force program to switch with me.

I did 4 years of undergrad with an AF ROTC scholarship and received an AF HPSP scholarship for medical school. This means I have an 8 year commitment.
The reason for my switch is because I would like to be stationed with my husband. I met my husband when we were at Virignia Tech. He is now training to be a Marine helicopter pilot. In order to have a chance to be co-located with my husband, I need to be in the Navy.

I love the Air Force and I don't want to leave it. However, I love my husband more. Please help us, and spread the word.

Thank you for reading this post and you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

The reason for this post is: I would like to find a Navy HPSP/ USUHS student who would like to enter the Air Force program to switch with me.

I did 4 years of undergrad with an AF ROTC scholarship and received an AF HPSP scholarship for medical school. This means I have an 8 year commitment.
The reason for my switch is because I would like to be stationed with my husband. I met my husband when we were at Virignia Tech. He is now training to be a Marine helicopter pilot. In order to have a chance to be co-located with my husband, I need to be in the Navy.

I love the Air Force and I don't want to leave it. However, I love my husband more. Please help us, and spread the word.

That is a hard situation, I hope youre able to work it out. Even if you found a Navy HPSP student who wanted to switch, would that eliminate your commitment from AF ROTC?

I strongly recommend you contact LCDR Marlene Sanchez. There are Navy students who wish to switch but need a counter part in the service to swap.

The road is long and painful (it can take over a year), but you have time.

Her address is marlene.sanchez at med.navy.mil.