Anyone interviewed at nyupm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oat10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone had an interview at nycpm? is interviewing early december for september admission considered late?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
anyone had an interview at nycpm? is interviewing early december for september admission considered late?

If your stats are good you will be fine. NYCPM has a large class and accepts students up until later in the year. Check the interview feedback section for what others have said about the school. Good luck.

i'm a bit nervous, do they grill ya?

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm a bit nervous, do they grill ya?
I know you have to write an essay right when you get there. Other than that the questions you will be asked are all in the interview feedback tab at the top.

I know its easier said then done, but dont be nervous. It shouldnt be that bad.

an essay?... do ya know like what type of things they ask to write about?

I interviewed and was accepted to NYCPM. I didn't feel very comfortable at the interview. I felt like they were focusing too much on the negatives of my application. The writing sample gave you an option of 3 questions; the only one I remember was who/what influenced you to make you the person you are today.
As far as the questions that they ask you, you can look in the interview section on here and people post the questions that they ask...very helpful. (Im comparing this to Scholl because I interviewed and was accepted there as well).

good luck!

I interviewed and was accepted to NYCPM. I didn't feel very comfortable at the interview. I felt like they were focusing too much on the negatives of my application. The writing sample gave you an option of 3 questions; the only one I remember was who/what influenced you to make you the person you are today.
As far as the questions that they ask you, you can look in the interview section on here and people post the questions that they ask...very helpful. (Im comparing this to Scholl because I interviewed and was accepted there as well).

good luck!

I must be completely blind... Where do I go to find the pod interview section on SDN?

I interview at NYCPM and was accepted.

Here is a breakdown of my interview day.

1) Essay on which person influenced you the most.
2) Interview with a 3rd year podiatric medical student who happened to be the Class President
3) Shadowed a biomechanics DPM instructing two students at the Foot Clinic of New York, which was very busy.
4) Interviewed with the Dean of Admissions, Dr. Laurence Lowy.

My interview started at 9:15am with me waiting in the red seats that are outside of the Admissions Office. You should get comfortable in that area because we were always brought back there after every event on our agenda. After all of the interviewees arrived, we were brought into a conference room where we were given a folder with the agenda for the day, papers fro us to sign, and an essay. We were given 15-20 mins to write a 1 page essay about 1 of 4 given topics. I don't remember all of the topics, but I know one was about your role model and another was about your favorite class. After the essay, we watched a video about NYCPM which you can find on youtube and there was also a small presentation about the school. After that we toured the clinic and shadowed a doctor for 45 mins. This was my favorite part of the interview! Then we went back to the red seat, where we were each called one by one into separate rooms to be interviewed. Some had their first interview with a faculty member and other started with the interview with a 3rd or 4th year student. Every interviewee was interviewed by a different person, so no waiting. I had my faculty interview first and then my student interview During the interview, the interviewer will be asking you questions from a small booklet, and they will fill in your responses. After the interviews, we had a tour of the whole school. LADIES* theres LOTS of walking involved, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes! Then we FINALLY had lunch with 3 second year students. All of the interviewees were soo famished by this point, so we all ate our lunch and then we asked the students about the school. We were then brought back to the red seats and they called us one by one for our wrap up of the day. This was also a mini-interview... they asked why podiatry, why NYCPM, and other questions that you already answered throughout the day. I left around 2pm.

Hope this helped!