Anyone interviewed at Palm Beach yet?

Started by kayjay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kayjay

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Merry Christmas guys/gals!

Has anyone had an interview at Palm Beach Atlantic yet? I have an interview on Jan. 21st and I just wanted to get some input on it. I read the interview input section, but there wasn't much said about the school besides stuff I kinda already figured. It's a 4 hour interview 😱 ..so I'm wondering exactly how the whole interview process goes. Are the questions/essays difficult to answer? How did you prepare for it? I'm assuming it's pretty warm down there, considering the fact that I'm from Chicago. I was planning on wearing a dress suit or something, but given the weather, I don't know if it would be so appropriate? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! 😉
 
kayjay said:
Merry Christmas guys/gals!

Has anyone had an interview at Palm Beach Atlantic yet? I have an interview on Jan. 21st and I just wanted to get some input on it. I read the interview input section, but there wasn't much said about the school besides stuff I kinda already figured. It's a 4 hour interview 😱 ..so I'm wondering exactly how the whole interview process goes. Are the questions/essays difficult to answer? How did you prepare for it? I'm assuming it's pretty warm down there, considering the fact that I'm from Chicago. I was planning on wearing a dress suit or something, but given the weather, I don't know if it would be so appropriate? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! 😉

Merry Christmas. 🙂 Vandykitten has been accepted there this year, so you may want to PM her. About the weather here, though it isn't as cold as Chicago, January/February are generally our cold months. It's even gotten down to about 34 a couple of times in the last few weeks. You'd be surprised at how cold 50/60 can feel down here. 😉 In sum, I think a dress suit would be just fine and not too hot.
 
Any suggestions on decently priced hotels to stay at, and where to rent a car? I'm looking at the website where I bought my ticket. I know they have offers (ie the whole package - hotel, rent-a-care, etc.), and the lowest priced hotel is about $86 a night 🙁 . Do you have to purchase the whole deal all at once, because I only bought the ticket?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kayjay said:
Any suggestions on decently priced hotels to stay at, and where to rent a car? I'm looking at the website where I bought my ticket. I know they have offers (ie the whole package - hotel, rent-a-care, etc.), and the lowest priced hotel is about $86 a night 🙁 . Do you have to purchase the whole deal all at once, because I only bought the ticket?

I booked my hotel room VERY late...it seems that the cheapest (and mind you, it was a MOTEL too!) was $89. I believe I stayed at the Days Inn with a connecting International house of pancakes. (very convenient!) Since the school isn't too far from the airport, I just took a cab. Less hassle as well -- my total cabfare for the trip was around $50 - $60.

Something I wish I had done: Scope out the campus a little more. They only give you a tour of the building during the interview process. If you get there a little early, walk around and see what else the school and surrounding area has to offer!

Good luck! PM me if you have any other questions 🙂
 
Any suggestions for last minute prep? I went through some interview questions, and prepared some answers, but haven't quite gone through them. How did u guys prepare for your interviews? Haven't been on a one-on-one pharm school interview before..any advice? I would really appreciate it. 🙂
 
kayjay said:
Any suggestions for last minute prep? I went through some interview questions, and prepared some answers, but haven't quite gone through them. How did u guys prepare for your interviews? Haven't been on a one-on-one pharm school interview before..any advice? I would really appreciate it. 🙂


Have a good answer for why you want to go to PBA.
They asked zillions of questions but did not really seem interested in the answers.
Some questions I remember:
Why do you want to do Pharm D.?
How do you plan to finance your education?
What does a pharmacist do?
What was your favorite subject in school?
Strengths/weaknesses blah blah
 
paddyboy777 said:
Have a good answer for why you want to go to PBA.
They asked zillions of questions but did not really seem interested in the answers.
Some questions I remember:
Why do you want to do Pharm D.?
How do you plan to finance your education?
What does a pharmacist do?
What was your favorite subject in school?
Strengths/weaknesses blah blah

Thanks for those questions!

Have you heard back from them yet? Or do you already go there for school?
What do you mean when you say that they don't really seem interested in the answers?
 
I applied for early admission and got accepted. About not being interested in the answers - this applies to the student interviewer - she jushed rushed through the question list she had without really waiting for me to completely answer the questions and she seemed distracted. They seem to emphasize bible study etc. - but this does not bother me.
Good luck with your interview!