Class of 2024 anyone receive interview invites yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueangel12

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received any interview invites thus far and have their interviews scheduled yet?

I submitted all my stuff in on 07/31/2019
Coursework verified 08/05/2019
Applied regular admissions, no early decision (ED)
Applied to 7 schools (Lipscomb, Belmont, MCPHS-New Hampshire, LECOM-B, LECOM-E, West Coast, and ETSU)
Got invites to Belmont (09/13), Lipscomb (09/26) LECOM-B (09/12), and LECOM-E (09/10) thus far this week of 08/13 or previous week of 08/06. Rejected by ETSU.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Would you mind me asking your stats? I’m thinking of applying to Lipscomb soon.

I had a really rocky undergrad with changing majors at the beginning and bounced back in my upperclassmen and postbac years.

No PCAT taken. No Anatomy & Physiology (A&P).
Degree: Bachelor's of Science in Biology
Overall GPA: 3.11
Undergraduate Science GPA: 2.85
PostBac Science GPA: 3.63

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything yet. I applied to Auburn for ED. Im starting to get nervous. My coursework was verified on the 12th.

I applied ED to UNC and submitted everything (including the supplemental) last Friday 8/23. I haven't heard anything back. You said you heard back around a week and a half later?

I applied ED to UNC and submitted everything (including the supplemental) last Friday 8/23. I haven't heard anything back. You said you heard back around a week and a half later?
Yes. Got my coursework verified about a week after submission and got the first interview invite about 2 days after course verification and have been getting about 1 interview invite a week since course verification. But I did not do early decision application. I am surprised with the quick turnaround.

I have read other people's comments that they have not heard anything back yet and a lot of them applied early decision like yourself and to public schools as well. All the schools I applied to are all private schools except for ETSU. I am not sure if that has any bearing in regards to application processing times.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. Got my coursework verified about a week after submission and got the first interview invite about 2 days after course verification and have been getting about 1 interview invite a week since course verification. But I did not do early decision application. I am surprised with the quick turnaround.

I have read other people's comments that they have not heard anything back yet and a lot of them applied early decision like yourself and to public schools as well. All the schools I applied to are all private schools except for ETSU. I am not sure if that has any bearing in regards to application processing times.

Okay, thanks for the info! congrats on your interviews!! Maybe it does have something to do with the private vs public thing.

Hey guys! I got an interview for MCPHS-Worcester; i submitted my application on 9/2 (ED). Has anyone else gotten an interview from them? really nervous

I know all you guys read those doom and gloom posts about the pharmacy job market saturation, and you guys chose to ignore them. 200k+ student loans and no job afterwards. After you guys graduate, I want you guys to come back here and update us to tell us we were right lol.

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone head back on early decision interview from the University of New Mexico?

• Haha
Applied ED to USF. Took my pcat September 10th and received an email saying that my file was complete the 11th. On the 13th I received my interview invite and I went to the interview yesterday. Now I’m just playing the waiting game.

Applied ED to USF. Took my pcat September 10th and received an email saying that my file was complete the 11th. On the 13th I received my interview invite and I went to the interview yesterday. Now I’m just playing the waiting game.

You'll be playing the waiting game for a job after you graduate.

How was the USF interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Do you have any tips?
Definitely just prep for all different types of “tell me about a time when...” questions. Think about all the different experiences you’ve gained from your extracurriculars and jobs and use them to your advantage. Tie pharmacy into your answer in the end because they like that and will probably ask you to do it with their follow up question anyway. Stay calm and confident. That’s really what they care about the most. And of course have your “why pharmacy” answer ready. This is the last question you’d wanna be unprepared and all over the place for.

Definitely just prep for all different types of “tell me about a time when...” questions. Think about all the different experiences you’ve gained from your extracurriculars and jobs and use them to your advantage. Tie pharmacy into your answer in the end because they like that and will probably ask you to do it with their follow up question anyway. Stay calm and confident. That’s really what they care about the most. And of course have your “why pharmacy” answer ready. This is the last question you’d wanna be unprepared and all over the place for.

Just curious but what was your answer for "why pharmacy" , if you don't mind sharing?

Just curious but what was your answer for "why pharmacy" , if you don't mind sharing?
This is the lazy, informal version lol but I just spoke of how the career is comprised of the perfect combination of problem solving and counseling for my preferences. I also spoke of how I wanted to gain expert drug knowledge so that I can have a role in resolving the disparities with healthcare in African Americans. And I talked about my interest in diabetes management.

So as a notation for users:

It is ok to make a thread to see if anyone has heard back for interviews. The problem with this though is everyone starts asking about specific schools and wondering if anyone has heard from "said" schools. We have a subforum dedicated specifically to school discussions (ie interviews, acceptances, orientation dates, etc). Please do not bombard the main forum for these specific reasons (ie asking about specific schools when you could create one or look at existing ones).

Carry On.

I know all you guys read those doom and gloom posts about the pharmacy job market saturation, and you guys chose to ignore them. 200k+ student loans and no job afterwards. After you guys graduate, I want you guys to come back here and update us to tell us we were right lol.

They will be too busy trying to get into a PGY10 residency or anything to stave off the reality of having to try and work in the world.

This is the lazy, informal version lol but I just spoke of how the career is comprised of the perfect combination of problem solving and counseling for my preferences. I also spoke of how I wanted to gain expert drug knowledge so that I can have a role in resolving the disparities with healthcare in African Americans. And I talked about my interest in diabetes management.

You want the reality? people are eating themselves to death, and it's unstoppable. Forget diabetes management. The bulk of my patients come to the counter , pick up simvastatin, metformin, lisinopril....etc. right? and i look at their shopping cart. The contents are Cakes, Cookies, Pizzas, Frozen dinners, hot wings, hot dogs, Twinkies, Ramen noodles,Soda, and everything else that destroys your body. I try talking to them about smart eating habits like high fiber, Lean proteins, fruits and veggies....even give them meal ideas as i would eat..... but nope.....same cart every time. It's like they just gave up.

And whats this Early decision stuff all about? when did this happen? in 2008 when i applied, it was VERY competitive, and we had no such thing.....Thats a red flag right there.

You want the reality? people are eating themselves to death, and it's unstoppable. Forget diabetes management. The bulk of my patients come to the counter , pick up simvastatin, metformin, lisinopril....etc. right? and i look at their shopping cart. The contents are Cakes, Cookies, Pizzas, Frozen dinners, hot wings, hot dogs, Twinkies, Ramen noodles,Soda, and everything else that destroys your body. I try talking to them about smart eating habits like high fiber, Lean proteins, fruits and veggies....even give them meal ideas as i would eat..... but nope.....same cart every time. It's like they just gave up.
The community I’ve grown up in is very similar to that. It’s practically normal to be battling diabetes and hypertension because every meal is fried pork chops, heavily seasoned collard greens, chitterlings (what I call slave food), and even the thought a healthy change is considered laughable. I know this sounds like it should chase me away from this career but it just makes me want to go even harder. In my current career that I’ve held since I graduated undergrad, I deal with stubborn, raggedy people everyday. My days are long, I feel completely drained when I’m through and tbh I cry a lot lol. I’m not pursuing pharmacy with the expectation that it’s my ticket out of a stressful job. I fully expect the stress and hardships, a purposeful job always has some.

The community I’ve grown up in is very similar to that. It’s practically normal to be battling diabetes and hypertension because every meal is fried pork chops, heavily seasoned collard greens, chitterlings (what I call slave food), and even the thought a healthy change is considered laughable. I know this sounds like it should chase me away from this career but it just makes me want to go even harder. In my current career that I’ve held since I graduated undergrad, I deal with stubborn, raggedy people everyday. My days are long, I feel completely drained when I’m through and tbh I cry a lot lol. I’m not pursuing pharmacy with the expectation that it’s my ticket out of a stressful job. I fully expect the stress and hardships, a purposeful job always has some.

It's not going to remain a stressful job for very long.... I'ts going to turn into a whole new way of operating. Retail, hospital.......etc the land scape will be very different.... we are on the precipice of serious changes within pharmacy. Which will affect our lifestyles dramatically.

I’m excited for change. Hopefully the school I’m going to catches on fast and gets us prepared for it.

I’m excited for change. Hopefully the school I’m going to catches on fast and gets us prepared for it.

I dont think you understand, you cant learn about this in books....this is business now... not education. your school just wants your money and to get you through he door fast.Once you graduate they will turn their backs and your on your own, and believe me, they know the ship is sinking.....

Reactions: 4 users

You're excited for layoffs, unemployment, high debt, pharmacy closures?

Reactions: 4 users
I dont think you understand, you cant learn about this in books....this is business now... not education. your school just wants your money and to get you through he door fast.Once you graduate they will turn their backs and your on your own, and believe me, they know the ship is sinking.....
I never really understand what you guy’s purpose is on here. Are you trying to stop everyone from going into the field of pharmacy? I understand the warnings and everything because people need to know what’s really going on and it filters out the kids who don’t really want to pursue this but just in it for what they think will be good money. But after people let you know that this is really what they want to do why go on? If I had a passion for art history and there were only 2 art history jobs open in the freaking world then I’m going to pursue art history because that’s what I want to do. 90% of the degrees offered in college are geared towards jobs that are not hiring and I’m sure majority of jobs in the U.S require no to little secondary education. If people don’t know the facts by now, let them be lost, who cares. I’m sorry no one warned you. I’m sorry you may have found it hard to find a job, I’m sorry you hate the profession. But give it a rest already. Save all your blues for someone who actually inquires it. And I’m honestly the nicest person in the world but you all are douche bags that assume everyone else is naive. You may want to “help” me before I end up in what you feel is a horrible situation, but you have no clue on my background. You may have grown up around people that jump out windows the first minute their career doesn’t go their way or when they get into a little bit of debt. You or your family may not know poverty, or debt, or unemployment, or evictions, and that might be the scariest thought ever to you. But you don’t know where I come from, I’m already two steps ahead and I can only go up from here even I happen to fall into every possible bad outcome there could be from me pursuing this career. I’m still going for it and I’m going excited af even if you don’t want me to be.
Sorry for the essay.

Reactions: 8 users
And I get it that to most of you all, career choices are not about passion, it’s about what will likely be the most successful outcome. Like duh, you’d have to be an idiot to pursue a job that’s rarely hiring and dwindling more and more each day, even if it’s what you really want to do. It’s like a business, you have to make smart choices. I understand that. You’ve all made your recommendations and given your two cents and so I’ll give mine. I recommend you all quit your jobs and pursue medicine. I hear there’s a physician shortage and you will no longer have to worry about getting laid off if (or as y’all would say “when”) pharmacy gets even worse. They also make much more and your parents would probably love you more. Plus you all may stop nagging for once and might- I mean JUST might- stfu on here. If you don’t take my advice and stay in your horrible, dying field that’s going to **** you may end up jumping out of windows like those other miserable folks. Lol okay I’m done now. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day

Reactions: 5 users
I never really understand what you guy’s purpose is on here. Are you trying to stop everyone from going into the field of pharmacy? I understand the warnings and everything because people need to know what’s really going on and it filters out the kids who don’t really want to pursue this but just in it for what they think will be good money. But after people let you know that this is really what they want to do why go on? If I had a passion for art history and there were only 2 art history jobs open in the freaking world then I’m going to pursue art history because that’s what I want to do. 90% of the degrees offered in college are geared towards jobs that are not hiring and I’m sure majority of jobs in the U.S require no to little secondary education. If people don’t know the facts by now, let them be lost, who cares. I’m sorry no one warned you. I’m sorry you may have found it hard to find a job, I’m sorry you hate the profession. But give it a rest already. Save all your blues for someone who actually inquires it. And I’m honestly the nicest person in the world but you all are douche bags that assume everyone else is naive. You may want to “help” me before I end up in what you feel is a horrible situation, but you have no clue on my background. You may have grown up around people that jump out windows the first minute their career doesn’t go their way or when they get into a little bit of debt. You or your family may not know poverty, or debt, or unemployment, or evictions, and that might be the scariest thought ever to you. But you don’t know where I come from, I’m already two steps ahead and I can only go up from here even I happen to fall into every possible bad outcome there could be from me pursuing this career. I’m still going for it and I’m going excited af even if you don’t want me to be.
Sorry for the essay.

If you were a pharmacist with some experience under your belt I might be inclined to actually feel like a douche.

Just curious - have you worked in a pharmacy yet? Explain your experience in pharmacy please.

Then let’s loop back around and discuss the douche bag comment.

Of course I’m not a pharmacist yet. Worked in a pharmacy for two years. I loved it but hated my coworkers. I only left because I wanted I needed to focus more on school and got a job where it was much easier to balance it with school and the pay was the same (only needed to work weekends). And if I never spent a day in a pharmacy and wanted to still pursue it it’s my prerogative. It’s not like I’m on here telling you guys about your own career, saying pharmacy is not saturated, or that it’s an easy job, then I would understand you all correcting me. But most of us are literally just talking about our emotions and how we and talking to each other about the admissions process and here you all go, with your two cents. And if you haven’t come on here acting like a douche bag then great for you, the shoe doesn’t fit. But most of these people do. Seriously, if you get push notifications to your phone that lets you know when you have another chance to troll a wide-eyed, excited student on the daily then maybe you’re a douche bag. People that fall under the category of non douchebag usually are those who mind their business and only inputs when asked. Or at the very least, if they genuinely wanted to help, then they would inform those whom they perceive to be naive, in a nicer way NOT patronizing! A tip: if you think about what you’re going to say first and it sounds condescending, save it. But you, I haven’t seen you in this thread being a complete d*ck so maybe this didn’t pertain to you. But you are crazy if you don’t believe there are many grown a** men and women in many of these threads being douchebags in the exact way I described them to be.

Of course I’m not a pharmacist yet. Worked in a pharmacy for two years. I loved it but hated my coworkers. I only left because I wanted I needed to focus more on school and got a job where it was much easier to balance it with school and the pay was the same (only needed to work weekends). And if I never spent a day in a pharmacy and wanted to still pursue it it’s my prerogative. It’s not like I’m on here telling you guys about your own career, saying pharmacy is not saturated, or that it’s an easy job, then I would understand you all correcting me. But most of us are literally just talking about our emotions and how we and talking to each other about the admissions process and here you all go, with your two cents. And if you haven’t come on here acting like a douche bag then great for you, the shoe doesn’t fit. But most of these people do. Seriously, if you get push notifications to your phone that lets you know when you have another chance to troll a wide-eyed, excited student on the daily then maybe you’re a douche bag. People that fall under the category of non douchebag usually are those who mind their business and only inputs when asked. Or at the very least, if they genuinely wanted to help, then they would inform those whom they perceive to be naive, in a nicer way NOT patronizing! A tip: if you think about what you’re going to say first and it sounds condescending, save it. But you, I haven’t seen you in this thread being a complete d*ck so maybe this didn’t pertain to you. But you are crazy if you don’t believe there are many grown a** men and women in many of these threads being douchebags in the exact way I described them to be.

Ok fair enough. I will say this - if you have monster balls (like me) pharmacy is a great profession. If you are afraid of people, and you are not willing to crush the competition, it kinda sucks. Guys like me will always be looking at your job, and if I deem it better than mine I will be looking for a way to bump you out.

Also - retail pharmacy is a dreadful nightmare in its current state. If you ever saw yourself thriving in a hunger games style arena - you will be a champion in pharmacy.

This is probably the best warning you will get.

Last edited:
This is what you face when you graduate:

Ok fair enough. I will say this - if you have monster balls (like me) pharmacy is a great profession. If you are afraid of people, and you are not willing to crush the competition, it kinda sucks. Guys like me will always be looking at your job, and if I deem it better than mine I will be looking for a way to bump you out.

Also - retail pharmacy is a dreadful nightmare in its current state. If you ever saw yourself thriving in a hunger games style arena - you will be a champion in pharmacy.

This is probably the best warning you will get.

I’ve never really wanted to work in retail after I graduate but I am super open to whatever opportunities happen to come my way. And I’ve never been one to be afraid or intimidated by people. As long as there’s anything I can do about it, I get what I’m going after.

Reading thru all my posts and seeing all the typos. I’m cringing . Sorry guys I promise I’m not illiterate. I was typing fast and did not proofread.

I’ve never really wanted to work in retail after I graduate but I am super open to whatever opportunities happen to come my way. And I’ve never been one to be afraid or intimidated by people. As long as there’s anything I can do about it, I get what I’m going after.
Where specifically do you want to work then? You realize that retail constitutes like 60% of pharmacist jobs right? And that retail is currently on a downward trend of cutting hours, layoffs and hiring freezes, and store closures?

Where specifically do you want to work then? You realize that retail constitutes like 60% of pharmacist jobs right? And that retail is currently on a downward trend of cutting hours, layoffs and hiring freezes, and store closures?

I do realize that, that’s why I said I’m open to different opportunities. I’m more so interested in ambulatory care. Is it a crime to have a specific goal? As I said I know the facts and that things may not go exactly how I want them to go but nonetheless I’m still going to work to attain my goal.

Just make sure you don`t graduate with tons of debt. With debt, you won`t even have option of being "super open to whatever opportunities happen to come my way"

Just make sure you don`t graduate with tons of debt. With debt, you won`t even have option of being "super open to whatever opportunities happen to come my way"
You guys are really trying to find the most negative asf thing to say no matter what. When in reality you can just mind the business that pays you and stay off the internet instead of trying to be captain save-a-job. But since you’re worried so much about me- a person that has no bearing on your life whatsoever- I’ve applied and been accepted to the cheapest school in my state and one of the cheapest in the nation. Also my husband and I are going to be living in a 100% paid off home with minimal bills. No need to take out any extra loans and my husband is planning on paying on my loans while I’m attending school. Not that I needed to explain myself, I’m just sick af of you all. If you know the career is going to **** and you know people are choosing it anyway then why tf are you still bothered. Let people **** up. Y’all go on and on all day about how you can’t wait for them to experience it for themselves so just stfu and wait for them to experience it. I’m not worried about 20k graduates getting a job, I’m focused on 1 graduate getting a job and that’s me. Y’all need to get a clue.

Calm down.
Just know that the pharmacist job market situation is bad enough to make us look negative just for telling you guys straight facts.

Don't worry, all prepharms who don't want to work retail will get a unicorn job in ambulatory care paying 6 figures with great benefits! It will be like Oprah. You get a unicorn job, you get a unicorn job, you get a unicorn job!

That enough positivity for ya?

Reactions: 2 users
Don't worry, all prepharms who don't want to work retail will get a unicorn job in ambulatory care paying 6 figures with great benefits! It will be like Oprah. You get a unicorn job, you get a unicorn job, you get a unicorn job!

That enough positivity for ya?

I didn’t ask for any positivity. I just ask for y’all to keep your two cents to yourself unless someone actually asks for it. Remember, I didn’t come into your threads about pharmacy saturation and about how much you all hate your jobs. You came to this thread that did not call for you at all. I understand how the topic makes you all feel and I wouldn’t care if you made a thousand blogs, websites and threads on the topic. But you’re bothering people who didn’t ask to be bothered. And if you’re not getting some type of prize or gift card for every student you steer away from pharmacy, I have no choice but to believe that you all are psychotic for making it a priority to continuously step into other people’s conversations and give your unsolicited input.

I really only meant to tell you to keep your debt to minimum.
You are married and have a family that support you both emotionally and financially. Keep your debt to minimum and you will be fine.

There was a lot of condescending tone in your message, especially with you quoting my phrase, but whatever. I never came on here for your approval or “innocent” advice. Why you’d even assume I’m not trying to have as little debt as possible is beyond me. But you know, probably just another example of you all assuming all pre-pharms are idiots.

With debt and monthly bills, it`s really hard to have ability to choose what you do for living. Don`t put yourself in this situation. I am a pharmacist working thousands miles away from family doing things I am not entirely happy about. Being a pharmacist is tough work.

I used to think the same way like you do, but I now know that just willing to take any position at any rate is not nearly good enough.

Being a pharmacist has a lot of responsibility and liability. It can even be literally dangerous for both you and your patients. Insurance and PBM are getting worse every month and I`ve personally never seen a job market that feels so desperate and competitive.

Make sure you know what you are getting into. I sure didn`t.

With debt and monthly bills, it`s really hard to have ability to choose what you do for living. Don`t put yourself in this situation. I am a pharmacist working thousands miles away from family doing things I am not entirely happy about. Being a pharmacist is tough work.

I used to think the same way like you do, but I now know that just willing to take any position at any rate is not nearly good enough.

Being a pharmacist has a lot of responsibility and liability. It can even be literally dangerous for both you and your patients. Insurance and PBM are getting worse every month and I`ve personally never seen a job market that feels so desperate and competitive.

Make sure you know what you are getting into. I sure didn`t.
This is the first reply I’ve gotten on here that isn’t coming from a ****ty place. So thanks for that. Me trying to be realistic and say that I have a goal but even if it doesn’t go exactly the way I want it to go, I’m open for variety, is okay. I’m not saying I plan on settling for whatever. I’m not pursuing a doctorate to settle for what I believe is beneath me. But at the same time I have the right reach for my goals, no matter how slim the outcome is. Sometimes I do think that you all won’t be satisfied until absolutely no one else decides to go into pharmacy. So I’m probably going to disappoint you because I’m not going anywhere. I never expected it to be flowers and daisies. I worked under a pharmacist that was gruesomely always real with me. So trust me when I say if I was going to run away, it definitely would’ve been when I worked with him lol. But he knew how interested I was so he encouraged me to keep going if this was really what I wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.