Anyone know about Wayne State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jedi4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi :) I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Wayne State University SOM. I haven't been accepted, but I had an interview there recently that went very well. In an admissions book I have, it's listed in the 'most competitive' group of med schools, the group right after the top 25. I was kind of shocked at this, since one of the reasons I applied was because my numbers aren't that great and their statistics showed that I might have a chance there.

Anyway, if anyone else is considering Wayne State, or if anyone knows anything about it, I'd appreciate any thoughts!

I'd also be interested in any thoughts on a comparison between Wayne State and UVM (again- not accepted, but waitlisted), in terms of quality of education and likelihood of getting residency in NYC. I may not get in to either place so it could be a moot point... but I'd like to know all the same. :)

Members don't see this ad.

bumpin... anyone? anyone?

I interviewed there (haven't heard anything yet). I was told that the clinical experience is excellent as Wayne State is the only medical school in Detroit. I met one med student there who chose Wayne because of the clinical experience. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input WesternGirl :) Anyone else have any thoughts?

I was accepted at Wayne State. I was impressed by their program and the friendliness of the students..yet I was not impressed by the area or the cost of living. Therefore..I am going to Michigan State. I withdrew my acceptance from Wayne a few weeks ago..I hope someone claims my spot from the waitlist.

Good luck

Mossjoh :wink:

Thanks for the input MossJoh, and congrats on going to Michigan State. :) I also was impressed with the program there, it seemed like the clinical experience would be really great, and being in an inner-city it would be totally different from going to UVM. Still interested if anyone else has any thoughts/knowledge on this... :)