Anyone know of any open PGY2 spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrea

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think we still have a upcoming PGYII spot available.
You can contact the Program Coordinator for more details if interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last I heard there is still one here at UTSW.

Possibly LSU-New Orleans

harvard longwood advertised for an opened PGY2 spot last month in psychiatric news.

http://www.harvardlongwoodpsychiatry.org/

I don't know the real truth behind what has been happening (only rumors) with this program but they have had 1-2 defections annually the past few years.

harvard longwood advertised for an opened PGY2 spot last month in psychiatric news.

http://www.harvardlongwoodpsychiatry.org/

I don't know the real truth behind what has been happening (only rumors) with this program but they have had 1-2 defections annually the past few years.

Not quite sure what you mean by "defections" - but the handful folks that I know who have left Longwood have done so either because of family issues (getting married, spouse transferred job, etc.) or because after intern year, they decided on another specialty (typically ER because of the exposure during internship). The program tends to be very supportive and helpful for these residents, who are usually quite conflicted.
In the past, Longwood has also chosen to leave a PGY-2 slot open, that has been filled by people transferring in from other specialties (usually medicine).

Hey,

I've visited the Psych forum many times but this is my 1st post here. Like the OP I too am looking for PGY 2 spots. I've been to the usual sources, but judging from the responses on this thread there are many positions out there which are not advertised at all.

If you know of a PGY 2 opening at your program can you please PM me or post it on here? I'd really appreciate it. The academic year is almost over and I'd like to make a specialty change while I still can. Thanks.

check out the apa clearinghouse (google it.)