Anyone know the status on Ohio State alternate letters?

Started by cscip
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cscip

OSU CVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when the alternates are supposed to start being notified? I'm #2 on the alternate list, out of state, and starting to get a little antsy.
 
Thanks for the info! Takes a huge load off my mind 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my call from Ohio State this morning! So if anyone else is on the alternate list... there is still hope!
 
Uh, many schools offer more spots than they expect to be filled. So I'm not sure its THAT simple.

But, you still seem like you'd have a good chance. So just be patient. 🙂

Ah, but Ohio State doesn't. They accept 20 OOS people for 20 OOS spots.

Congratulations, cscip!
 
Congratulations Cscip! We're going to be classmates in the fall 😀
 
Ah, but Ohio State doesn't. They accept 20 OOS people for 20 OOS spots.

Congratulations, cscip!


Actually, to fill their class of 140, Ohio takes 97 in-state, 38 out-of-state, and 5 WV contract students.
I'd be surprised if they didn't over-admit in any of those categories; it's pretty typical for schools to do so.

Nonetheless, congratulations cscip!
 
Thanks runnerDC! However it works... it worked out for me 🙂
 
Oh crap, you know what? I was thinking of Wisconsin...😳 This is what happens when you apply to too many OOS schools, people!

Good thing the OP got in, or I would have felt really horrible!!