Ohio State 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there is a group me or fb page made for accepted students? I’m in some for some other schools and it’s a good way to get to know potential classmates so I’m hoping there is one for here!
 
Does anyone know if there is a group me or fb page made for accepted students? I’m in some for some other schools and it’s a good way to get to know potential classmates so I’m hoping there is one for here!
There will be a facebook group for your cohort made by (usually) the student government of the classes above you. Everyone will receive an email in the coming weeks. They really drip feed you information after your acceptance so it may seem like forever but they will be contact with you about it eventually after you accept your seat 😅
 
I feel for you. I was in the same spot last year and it's absolutely valid to feel frustrated. Did you ask for a file review last year? I did that last year and felt I was really able to hone in on the characteristics they checked off on my review.
I was in the middle of moving and selling my house and totally missed the deadline last year. I didn't even get an interview last year. This year I've had 2 interviews. I'm still waiting on michigan state but I honestly don't think I'll be able to do it. I'm a non trad student. I'm 30 with 2 kids. I dont have all the money or time in the world to keep spending on pursuing this.
 
There will be a facebook group for your cohort made by (usually) the student government of the classes above you. Everyone will receive an email in the coming weeks. They really drip feed you information after your acceptance so it may seem like forever but they will be contact with you about it eventually after you accept your seat 😅
Man I wish they’d (and all schools) get a move on sooner before commitment date 🙁 cause knowing scholarships significantly would impact my decisions.
 
I was in the middle of moving and selling my house and totally missed the deadline last year. I didn't even get an interview last year. This year I've had 2 interviews. I'm still waiting on michigan state but I honestly don't think I'll be able to do it. I'm a non trad student. I'm 30 with 2 kids. I dont have all the money or time in the world to keep spending on pursuing this.
I’m also a non-trad student and it’s definitely tough. I also am still waiting on MSU. I’m crossing my fingers for you!
 
Man I wish they’d (and all schools) get a move on sooner before commitment date 🙁 cause knowing scholarships significantly would impact my decisions.
Yeah I get it. My memory is a bit fuzzy on when my class got our scholarships/tuition but knowing OSU it was probably after the decision deadline since they tend to be quite slow with stuff 😅 You can always send Sandra Dawkins an email or can reach out to Emily Gonzalez who is our financial advisor and see when it’s expected. I do remember most things for starting vet school occurred over mid to late summer but I hope you’re able to get your answer before then!
 
Yeah I get it. My memory is a bit fuzzy on when my class got our scholarships/tuition but knowing OSU it was probably after the decision deadline since they tend to be quite slow with stuff 😅 You can always send Sandra Dawkins an email or can reach out to Emily Gonzalez who is our financial advisor and see when it’s expected. I do remember most things for starting vet school occurred over mid to late summer but I hope you’re able to get your answer before then!
Thank you so much! I will definitely reach out and let them know my situation. It’s not like they can take offers away right 😅
 
Are the visit days usually 2 full days? like fly in the day before? And do people get to bring guests/parents?
yeah, i think i flew in morning of the first day and there was a dinner/info session, the next day was campus tours, lunch, and a few more info sessions. i only brought one guest (but i don’t remember if they only allowed one or if only one of my parents was free that weekend)
 
I just got the email about the admitted students day, but the links to register isn’t working. Is anyone else having this issue?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone created and/or wanted to create a group me for accepted students? I’m in a couple for other schools I’ve received offers from and it’s been really nice connecting and sharing information as it comes out as I’m making decisions!
 
Has anyone created and/or wanted to create a group me for accepted students? I’m in a couple for other schools I’ve received offers from and it’s been really nice connecting and sharing information as it comes out as I’m making decisions!
Apparently our 2029 class president may be making one next week. Our class made our own but I guess we were just industrious 😅
 
Did anyone get their official acceptance letter? I got a few emails through my buckeyemail address but I'm not exactly sure what the acceptance letter would even look like
 
Does anyone know of any vets in columbus that will let you shadow and give a recommendation? I moved here the middle of last year and it's been impossible to find a job because they all want licensed vet techs. While my last vet wrote a great recommendation its been awhile since we've worked together now and it feels inappropriate to ask for yet another recommendation. The last school I'm waiting to hear from is michigan but I'm not holding out for it.
 
If anyone has gotten their official acceptance letter, does it have any additional instructions or anything else we need to do? I haven’t gotten mine yet 🥲
 
If anyone has gotten their official acceptance letter, does it have any additional instructions or anything else we need to do? I haven’t gotten mine yet 🥲
Did you check your buckeye mail? Like the outlook email from Ohio. You have to set up the account.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where do most vet students live? Any info is greatly appreciated!
I know a lot who live in the various apartment complexes near the vet campus. Anything in the grandview heights area is pretty nice and usually walking (or short biking) distance.
Parking on campus isn't terrible though if you live farther away and commute.
 
Where do most vet students live? Any info is greatly appreciated!
there are also some vet students that live up closer to high street and north campus. my impression is that that area has more undergrads but you might be able to find cheaper housing up that way (as long as you’re not on high street itself). it is still bus-able to campus up there and walkable if you don’t mind a longer walk. but i agree with apop, a lot of ppl are in clinton township/grandview area
 
Where do most vet students live? Any info is greatly appreciated!
I feel like a lot of my friends like 15-20 minutes drive away. Personally, I wanted to be close to campus so I could ride my bike to class. There's a decent amount of apartments within a 2-3 mile span of campus!

I agree with apop and mw that Grandview is very nice - I feel safe biking back to my apartment after it is dark.
 
I know a lot who live in the various apartment complexes near the vet campus. Anything in the grandview heights area is pretty nice and usually walking (or short biking) distance.
Parking on campus isn't terrible though if you live farther away and commute.
As bad as it is now, it’s about to get a whole lot worse. I believe the cohort after this incoming one is being increased to 200 people, mostly instate large animal focused people. We’re going to have to start fighting for overflow parking spots probably 😬 Admin doesn’t seem to have a solid plan on how to accommodate for all these new people, especially in classrooms that are already at max capacity
 
As bad as it is now, it’s about to get a whole lot worse. I believe the cohort after this incoming one is being increased to 200 people, mostly instate large animal focused people. We’re going to have to start fighting for overflow parking spots probably 😬 Admin doesn’t seem to have a solid plan on how to accommodate for all these new people, especially in classrooms that are already at max capacity
how does parking work? is it far from the school or is there usually a decent spot around? do most people walk?
 
how does parking work? is it far from the school or is there usually a decent spot around? do most people walk?
the parking lot is right next to the classroom buildings and there’s an overflow lot across the street but i’ve only had to use it like once. i wouldn’t say most people walk but there are a lot of places to live in walking distance.
 
how does parking work? is it far from the school or is there usually a decent spot around? do most people walk?
Just wanted to add that if you plan to bike to class there's lot of bike racks around the different buildings! Most people drive but there's a decent amount of us who bike/electric scooter
 
how does parking work? is it far from the school or is there usually a decent spot around? do most people walk?
As others have said, you pay once in the beginning of the year for a parking pass (around $400) for the whole year. There is student parking near the school, but this parking is not limited to the veterinary students. Our school is in close proximity to the agricultural school and some other stuff so parking does fill up very quick, especially around midday. There is “overflow parking” which is down the street across a busy road which is annoying, but a lot of the times when you get there late that’s the best you can do.
 
Hello! does anyone know when out of state students receive feedback for their application?
I don’t recall if there was a specific date, but i’m pretty sure you can just email them and request that information. They will
provide you with a sheet with feedback from the interviewer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad