You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I saw Sandra Dawkins on the pre-vet FB page say to reach out to them if you did not hear back from them! All decisions should've been sent out.Anyone still not hear back?
I have notAnyone still not hear back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so much for this update. I hadn’t seen that post yetI saw Sandra Dawkins on the pre-vet FB page say to reach out to them if you did not hear back from them! All decisions should've been sent out.
joshallen17
New Member
Still no update. Application still says in review. Tried calling and emailed admissions. Not sure what else to do. Anyone else in the same position?
IS rejection :/
miriam1216
Full Member
OOS rejection (I got when others did, I just forgot to post)
I emailed them at 1:35 PM and received a response to that email at 1:38 PM with a rejection. It was not personalized at all, like my name was nowhere to be seen on it. All the other correspondence I received from them last year when I was interviewed and waitlisted looked different. I also didn’t get offered a file review and from what I’ve seen on other people’s FB posts in the APVMA group they did get offered file reviews. So I’m kind of unsure about it in that it just seems weird and I’m not sure if I got some kind of generic email response? My portal hasn’t updated yet either.Still no update. Application still says in review. Tried calling and emailed admissions. Not sure what else to do. Anyone else in the same position?
same here with no update and portal saying in review... haven't tried calling/emailing, thought i'd possibly wait until after the holiday? not sure what to doStill no update. Application still says in review. Tried calling and emailed admissions. Not sure what else to do. Anyone else in the same position?
I would email them now, though they might not get back to you until after the holiday.same here with no update and portal saying in review... haven't tried calling/emailing, thought i'd possibly wait until after the holiday? not sure what to do
If you haven’t heard back, someone from the admissions office posted on facebook to email them as all decisions have been made
iscrolltoomuch
Full Member
hi, are we supposed to send in our fall official transcript?
Not unless you're accepted!hi, are we supposed to send in our fall official transcript?
dancingdolphins
Full Member
Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview as an alternate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know of two people in our first year class who were interview alternates --> interviewed --> accepted, but I don't think anyone here can give you a solid answer. It would definitely vary from year to year. Hang in there!Does anyone know the chances of getting an interview as an alternate?
Is there a page somewhere with practice questions they might/have asked in the past for interviews?
luckycat29
Full Member
Hi! On the info page for those who got an interview, it says that they have rolling admissions through Jan-April. Does any current students know how this works? Will I be at a disadvantage since I have my interview at the last date possible?
All decisions are released at once and the day you interview has no impact on your chances of getting inHi! On the info page for those who got an interview, it says that they have rolling admissions through Jan-April. Does any current students know how this works? Will I be at a disadvantage since I have my interview at the last date possible?
gayhamsters
Full Member
I interview this Saturday and am super nervous </3333 good luck to everyone!!!
buttr.smartfood.popcorn
New Member
Has anyone received another email from admissions regarding interview specifics? My interview is on Saturday so just wondering if they will reach out to tell us more about the format (traditional or mmi, etc)?
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
It's a traditional interview. There is a post with more details that was linked earlier in this threadHas anyone received another email from admissions regarding interview specifics? My interview is on Saturday so just wondering if they will reach out to tell us more about the format (traditional or mmi, etc)?
My interview is this Saturday, but no email with info or zoom link yet. Anyone in the same boat or has received an email?
Edit: I emailed and they will send these before Saturdays. I never got a confirmation email either and that seems to be fine.
Edit: I emailed and they will send these before Saturdays. I never got a confirmation email either and that seems to be fine.
Last edited:
lilylilypad
New Member
Do most people get their preferred time and date for the interview? I have not received a confirmation email about it yet, but mine isn't for two more weeks.
aodvm2002
UC Davis SVM '30
i received a confirmation email right after i scheduled my interview, maybe it went to your spam mail?Do most people get their preferred time and date for the interview? I have not received a confirmation email about it yet, but mine isn't for two more weeks.
Good luck to everyone who is interviewing tomorrow! It's natural to be nervous, but know that the hard part is over. You've already proven that you have what it takes in your written application. Now it's time to be yourself and let your personality shine 🙂
flsheltermed
Full Member
Did the people interviewing this Saturday get your Zoom links? My interview isn't for another month, I'm just curious.
gayhamsters
Full Member
I got my zoom link emailed to me yesterday!Did the people interviewing this Saturday get your Zoom links? My interview isn't for another month, I'm just curious.
I got a zoom link! I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if it's open or closed file?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Closed file!I got a zoom link! I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if it's open or closed file?
Thank you! I wanted to know if I could reuse a story I wrote about in my PS.Closed file!
I had so much fun interviewing yall today! for those who haven't interviewed yet, don't be nervous, you're all going to do so well!
My interviewers were great! It was great to get to meet people from the college!
chipotle runner
Full Member
Does anyone know if OSU would accept University of New England's online courses for microbiology and physiology? I need a flexible option since I am working full time while also finishing up my master's degree. They are the only vet school that accept my marine physiology course since it didn't cover all the systems. On their prerequisite site under OSU equivalent, it says "Micro w/lab if 4 hours (no lab if 3 hours) Optometry Requires labs to be taken at actual campus. This would only fulfill the lecture portion for OPT." for the microbiology class and "physiology for VME" so I am assuming yes, but I don't want to register before knowing for sure.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Definitely email their admissions with the course description to be sure! But they did accept my online micro w/ lab for a prereq.Does anyone know if OSU would accept University of New England's online courses for microbiology and physiology? I need a flexible option since I am working full time while also finishing up my master's degree. They are the only vet school that accept my marine physiology course since it didn't cover all the systems. On their prerequisite site under OSU equivalent, it says "Micro w/lab if 4 hours (no lab if 3 hours) Optometry Requires labs to be taken at actual campus. This would only fulfill the lecture portion for OPT." for the microbiology class and "physiology for VME" so I am assuming yes, but I don't want to register before knowing for sure.
dancingdolphins
Full Member
If we are interviewing on the last day, February 7th, does anyone know if our odds of acceptance are lower since it’s rolling?
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Did they say it was rolling?If we are interviewing on the last day, February 7th, does anyone know if our odds of acceptance are lower since it’s rolling?
My understanding is that acceptances are not given until at least a week after the final interviews to ensure all applicants' interview scores are in for consideration.
dancingdolphins
Full Member
Did they say it was rolling?
My understanding is that acceptances are not given until at least a week after the final interviews to ensure all applicants' interview scores are in for consideration.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Interesting! I don't believe they did that last year. In any case, your chances should not be lower based on interview time, nor would I expect an early admission decision if you interviewed earlier.
vetmedphysicist
c/o 2030
I interviewed on Saturday and they announced that all decisions would be released in February. I can't remember the exact date, but I think she said the 18th.If we are interviewing on the last day, February 7th, does anyone know if our odds of acceptance are lower since it’s rolling?
Dang that’s later than i was hoping lolI interviewed on Saturday and they announced that all decisions would be released in February. I can't remember the exact date, but I think she said the 18th.
Decisions released "By February 16th" according to my interview.
That feels so far away 😩Decisions released "By February 16th" according to my interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Decisions just in time for my birthday on the 17th
hopefully it's a good birthday gift haha
hopefully it's a good birthday gift hahaI got the email with the link to interview this Saturday. Does anyone else’s email say their interview date and time (January 24th) correctly at the top but have the 10th written at the bottom? It gave me a mini heart attack I thought I missed my interview at first lmao. I assume it’s just a typo from their last round of emails.
aodvm2002
UC Davis SVM '30
mine has this tooI got the email with the link to interview this Saturday. Does anyone else’s email say their interview date and time (January 24th) correctly at the top but have the 10th written at the bottom? It gave me a mini heart attack I thought I missed my interview at first lmao. I assume it’s just a typo from their last round of emails.
christbist
Full Member
Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K