Anyone lazy during summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlee43

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I took a course at CC and haven't been doing anything. I'm going to start volunteering at an animal shelter 4h/wk, free clinic 4h/wk, and shadow a doctor 2 h/wk for 2 months as well as run a blog. o and I started working out extensively to lose weight. Is this being productive enough? My mom's keep telling me to get a job, pre study but I don't want to get tired and get burnt out during school

Members don't see this ad.

So far I took a course at CC and haven't been doing anything. I'm going to start volunteering at an animal shelter 4h/wk, free clinic 4h/wk, and shadow a doctor 2 h/wk for 2 months as well as run a blog. Is this being productive enough? My mom's keep telling me to get a job, pre study but I don't want to get tired and get burnt out during school

pick up a sport or learn a new skill? ex: instrument, magic tricks, etc :p

Getting a job and losing weight is quite an experience, dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today I don’t feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don’t feel like picking up my phone
So leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything
Nothing at all :cool:

So far I took a course at CC and haven't been doing anything.

This sounds like my summer. After six weeks of nonstop calc, my brain has been on vacation.

I found all the materials for a physics course online that was offered at another uni a few years back, and I've been trying to pre-study, but I'm not finding much motivation for it. :rolleyes:

I'm working 36-48 hours a week (12 hour day and night shifts) and studying 3 hours a day for my MCAT on my off days. Kind of sucks but oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
No one on this board is lazier than me!

Taking organic chem+lab. Not my laziest summer to say the least...

I am so freaking burned out. My class ends next week and all I will be doing is research for like 20 hours every week. That's it. We all need to relax a bit or risk burning out!

Super lazy. Orientation starts in 35 days. All I can bring myself to do is hang out at Disney World or watch movies on the couch with my dog. I'm storing energy for when I need it. :prof:

math tutoring
+
library job
= 44 hrs/week

I'd say it's pretty lazy/unimpressive compared to fellow pre-meds who are working in labs

Trying to get a 510K submission ready and pushed through at work. It's a blast.

I have been very lazy, but I am hoping to volunteer a little at a free clinic and shadow another doctor in the next two months.

Do med schools actually map out each summer to see what you did or do they just look at your resume overall? Something like working out extensively during a summer would really show on your app, but I feel like that's something that can be really productive.

If you're a complete and total sloth. I'm sure you resume would evidence this.

However, time off isn't necessarily a bad thing. Fun never hurt anyone... well not too much anyways.

Nothing like being Funemployed. Wake-up everyday at 8, sit around all day till my friends get off work. I've already played 25 rounds of golf this year and I've only been home for 31 days.

Logging in more than 8 hours a day on Ps3!!! Is hard to be lazier than that!

So far I took a course at CC and haven't been doing anything. I'm going to start volunteering at an animal shelter 4h/wk, free clinic 4h/wk, and shadow a doctor 2 h/wk for 2 months as well as run a blog. o and I started working out extensively to lose weight. Is this being productive enough? My mom's keep telling me to get a job, pre study but I don't want to get tired and get burnt out during school

I've been super lazy this summer, working in a research lab about 3 days a week, and working out and losing weight, but nothing else really. Lots of video games and hanging out with friends. Basically, I'll never have another summer to be this lazy again, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

Basically, I'll never have another summer to be this lazy again, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

+1 It's hard to believe that this will be our last full summer. That's why it makes me sick to my stomach when I see some 2015ers saying "Prestudying for anatomy...what books should I read?" I don't think they realize that after this summer...their lives will never be the same...

dramaticcatis128512178255000000.jpg

+1 It's hard to believe that this will be our last full summer. That's why it makes me sick to my stomach when I see some 2015ers saying "Prestudying for anatomy...what books should I read?" I don't think they realize that after this summer...their lives will never be the same...

Yeah, exactly. I think we get some of the summer off after M1, but that's really it for good. M2 goes straight into step 1/M3/M4, residency is like having 2 full time jobs year round, etc.