-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone learn 2 languages at once during med school?
Started by blockrudder1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted480308
Is your life not hard enoughI'm interested in learning two romance languages, one is more valuable and the other more interesting. Any success stories?
blockrudder1
Full Member
If step 1 goes p/f for my class.Is your life not hard enough
Who decided that medical minutiae is more important than bilingual docs. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blockrudder1
Full Member
I agree, I'm more interested in any success learning two at the same time. With this little bit a day strategy.I'm starting to learn German, I don't see what the big deal is; it's not that difficult to spend 2 hours a day and get to a reasonable level during med school.
If you want to learn Spanish that could be very helpful.
Interested in this as well. Not 2 languages though lol.
I took online Spanish recently and teacher was great. Was hoping to continue but didn't think I'd have time as an incoming MS1.
I think I'll play it by ear, see how it is and if doable, start up again.
I took online Spanish recently and teacher was great. Was hoping to continue but didn't think I'd have time as an incoming MS1.
I think I'll play it by ear, see how it is and if doable, start up again.
Learning two closely related languages simultaneously when starting from scratch will be easy in some ways and difficult in others. On the one hand there's enough common vocab and grammar that you won't have to truly "relearn" two whole languages. OTOH you will inevitably get the two confused.
Yeah, Greek and Latin.
Step 2 willIf step 1 goes p/f for my class.Who decided that medical minutiae is more important than bilingual docs.
Why not learn one language and then ladder with the other?
At least you can use anki for both. Language learners on Reddit are the only group of people I know of as staunch in their support of Anki as med students. In fact I don't know if anyone else even knows what Anki is haha.
At least you can use anki for both. Language learners on Reddit are the only group of people I know of as staunch in their support of Anki as med students. In fact I don't know if anyone else even knows what Anki is haha.
Why not learn one language and then ladder with the other?
At least you can use anki for both. Language learners on Reddit are the only group of people I know of as staunch in their support of Anki as med students. In fact I don't know if anyone else even knows what Anki is haha.
Is anki popular for languages?
Definitely for Reddit language learning communities. I don't know how popular it is beyond that.Is anki popular for languages?
It was literally made for language learning and we just harnessed it's potential.Is anki popular for languages?
blockrudder1
Full Member
Another reason to be grinding on ankiWhy not learn one language and then ladder with the other?
At least you can use anki for both. Language learners on Reddit are the only group of people I know of as staunch in their support of Anki as med students. In fact I don't know if anyone else even knows what Anki is haha.

Thanks though ill definitely look into that reddit community!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It was literally made for language learning and we just harnessed it's potential.
Wow I didn’t know that. You’d think if it was made for language learning that audio playback would have been built in. Maybe it is. I am not super anki savvy. I just know how to use lightyear lol.
I'm no anki expert so I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I've used decks that had audio.Wow I didn’t know that. You’d think if it was made for language learning that audio playback would have been built in. Maybe it is. I am not super anki savvy. I just know how to use lightyear lol.
r/languagelearning is the main one and has a lot of good resources. There are usually subreddits for specific languages with varying quality.Thanks though ill definitely look into that reddit community!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 4K