You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Anyone lining up for Black Friday?
Started by Momus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still haven't gone to sleep...
Got a PS3 bundle (why I don't know, I don't even play video games anymore, but for $200 maybe I will play enough to make it worth it) and Galaxy Tablet. So far I am underwhelmed. animefreak.tv didn't even load the videos and Hulu knows not to let me use it without paying for plus. Bummer, I was hoping to use to watch videos on the side. Plus Google Doc runs too slow so I can't use it for another function I was hoping to. 🙁
Right now it is running Pandora well, but I didn't want to have an expensive Pandora player. Hoping I find more use for it soon.
Right now it is running Pandora well, but I didn't want to have an expensive Pandora player. Hoping I find more use for it soon.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a PS3 bundle (why I don't know, I don't even play video games anymore, but for $200 maybe I will play enough to make it worth it) and Galaxy Tablet. So far I am underwhelmed. animefreak.tv didn't even load the videos and Hulu knows not to let me use it without paying for plus. Bummer, I was hoping to use to watch videos on the side. Plus Google Doc runs too slow so I can't use it for another function I was hoping to. 🙁
Right now it is running Pandora well, but I didn't want to have an expensive Pandora player. Hoping I find more use for it soon.![]()
There is probably a way to do whatever it is you want to do. I'm yet to find a video I can't get to play somehow with my HP Touchpad with Android ported by Cyanogenmod Team.
There is probably a way to do whatever it is you want to do. I'm yet to find a video I can't get to play somehow with my HP Touchpad with Android ported by Cyanogenmod Team.
Ha! Right you are. That was annoying, but easily fixed. 👍
Speaking of Black Friday and speaking of all these electronics,
does anyone use a gaming controller for the PC? Would it be worth spending the money to buy one?
Not really. For FPS, nothing beats mouse + kb I think. Needless to say, game pads just won't do for rts games. Role playing and MMO as well.
I used to play some combat flight sims, having a hotas controller does feel good. Also had a microsoft sidewinder game pad when I used to play fighting games, good for pulling off combos. Along that line, i can imagine a wheel might be good for racing games.
My take is, if money is limited, get yourself a good programable gaming mouse. There is a good one on sale till 11/25. Logitech g500
No way. There is no sale that is worth going out into the hoards of shoppers & risk being trampled to death. My local news was claiming that people had started lining up outside one store on MONDAY. Even if I had absolutely no family, friends, or job, there is no way I would want to spend a week camped outside a store. On-line shopping is where its at, I buy everything on-line, unless its something I need today.
I went to the mall at 2pm yesterday and bought my Chanel antiwrinkle eye cream. That was NOT on sale.
What a rip off! I thought black friday = SALES?
My eye cream was still full price. 👎
Damn you're already getting wrinkles? You're younger than I am!!!
Rich men hate wrinkles.
Damn you're already getting wrinkles? You're younger than I am!!!
Rich men hate wrinkles.![]()
I have ten years on her and I have no wrinkles...
I went to the mall at 2pm yesterday and bought my Chanel antiwrinkle eye cream. That was NOT on sale.
What a rip off! I thought black friday = SALES?
My eye cream was still full price. 👎
how much was the eye cream?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how much was the eye cream?
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...are-SUBLIMAGE-LA-CRÈME-YEUX-125547?sku=125548
$225 + tax
And it never goes on sale period. 🙄
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...are-SUBLIMAGE-LA-CRÈME-YEUX-125547?sku=125548
$225 + tax
And it never goes on sale period. 🙄
how long does it last? I recently met a pretty taiwanese girl. The thing is that she knows she's pretty and she knows how to use it.
how long does it last? I recently met a pretty taiwanese girl. The thing is that she knows she's pretty and she knows how to use it.
6 to 8 months.🙂
Pretty people know how to use their strengths...especially for getting out of speeding tickets. lol
6 to 8 months.🙂
Pretty people know how to use their strengths...especially for getting out of speeding tickets. lol
Luckily, asians don't age as fast.
I used to get out of speeding tickets but not anymore. I am no longer pretty!
Last edited:
http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragran...are-SUBLIMAGE-LA-CRÈME-YEUX-125547?sku=125548
$225 + tax
And it never goes on sale period. 🙄
If you live near a Boston/Carson/Bon-Ton/etc store, during the Goodwill Sale you can get a discount on cosmetics.
Not really. For FPS, nothing beats mouse + kb I think. Needless to say, game pads just won't do for rts games. Role playing and MMO as well.
I used to play some combat flight sims, having a hotas controller does feel good. Also had a microsoft sidewinder game pad when I used to play fighting games, good for pulling off combos. Along that line, i can imagine a wheel might be good for racing games.
My take is, if money is limited, get yourself a good programable gaming mouse. There is a good one on sale till 11/25. Logitech g500
When it comes to gaming keyboards and mice, I'm pretty much convinced that Razer is the best, albeit a little expensive.
Cyber Monday is where its at, now.
Got my momma the $229 Acer tablet from Best Buy (redic cheap if anyone out there wants a decent, cheap, entry level tablet)
The $129 snow blower on Amazon.
Got my dad a $50 blu ray player with Netflix web streaming.
Boom.
Got my momma the $229 Acer tablet from Best Buy (redic cheap if anyone out there wants a decent, cheap, entry level tablet)
The $129 snow blower on Amazon.
Got my dad a $50 blu ray player with Netflix web streaming.
Boom.
I got a 50 inch Vizio 3D M series for my room from Amazon for $799 that I will price match to BestBuy to $599 after BlackFriday. Thanks Discover, I don't have to stand in line!
The best deal this year is that 70 inch Vizio $998 @ Walmart ($700 saved). I didn't think they advertise last year deal 60 inch for $688 like they do this year in all national TVs, so I think you have to line up early to get it this year. They have the same last year deal again $668 for a 60 inch. I might consider lining up for 70 inch to resell (at least $500 profit in Ebay ~easy money) if there is a friend with a truck lol... no way to haul this with my Honda Accord 2 doors...
If I decide to line up, I might snag another PS4 or Xbox one to resell also, easy ~150 profit each. I don't know what Microsoft is thinking. They are trying to sell inferior hardware (only 720p upscale, non-removable hard drive, crappy graphic card, huge ass VCR type box) and expect someone to pay $100 more for it...LOL. Also, I "love" the fact that they reverse their policy about needing to stay online to play + no used game. If there isn't any competitor i.e., Sony by gamers, for gamers, I bet their monopolistic anti consumerism policy would stand and screw us all. I am not giving them a cent of my gaming $.
The best deal this year is that 70 inch Vizio $998 @ Walmart ($700 saved). I didn't think they advertise last year deal 60 inch for $688 like they do this year in all national TVs, so I think you have to line up early to get it this year. They have the same last year deal again $668 for a 60 inch. I might consider lining up for 70 inch to resell (at least $500 profit in Ebay ~easy money) if there is a friend with a truck lol... no way to haul this with my Honda Accord 2 doors...
If I decide to line up, I might snag another PS4 or Xbox one to resell also, easy ~150 profit each. I don't know what Microsoft is thinking. They are trying to sell inferior hardware (only 720p upscale, non-removable hard drive, crappy graphic card, huge ass VCR type box) and expect someone to pay $100 more for it...LOL. Also, I "love" the fact that they reverse their policy about needing to stay online to play + no used game. If there isn't any competitor i.e., Sony by gamers, for gamers, I bet their monopolistic anti consumerism policy would stand and screw us all. I am not giving them a cent of my gaming $.
Last edited:
Can't think of anything need to buy this year. Not gonna get a new gaming console the first year it comes out. Anyone remember the ring of death fiasco with xb360 when it came out?
I got a 50 inch Vizio 3D M series for my room from Amazon for $799 that I will price match to BestBuy to $599 after BlackFriday. Thanks Discover, I don't have to stand in line!
The best deal this year is that 70 inch Vizio $998 @ Walmart ($700 saved). I didn't think they advertise last year deal 60 inch for $688 like they do this year in all national TVs, so I think you have to line up early to get it this year. They have the same last year deal again $668 for a 60 inch. I might consider lining up for 70 inch to resell (at least $500 profit in Ebay ~easy money) if there is a friend with a truck lol... no way to haul this with my Honda Accord 2 doors...
If I decide to line up, I might snag another PS4 or Xbox one to resell also, easy ~150 profit each. I don't know what Microsoft is thinking. They are trying to sell inferior hardware (only 720p upscale, non-removable hard drive, crappy graphic card, huge ass VCR type box) and expect someone to pay $100 more for it...LOL. Also, I "love" the fact that they reverse their policy about needing to stay online to play + no used game. If there isn't any competitor i.e., Sony by gamers, for gamers, I bet their monopolistic anti consumerism policy would stand and screw us all. I am not giving them a cent of my gaming $.
Honestly...I got both of them...I like the XB1 a lot more...
I got a 50 inch Vizio 3D M series for my room from Amazon for $799 that I will price match to BestBuy to $599 after BlackFriday. Thanks Discover, I don't have to stand in line!
The best deal this year is that 70 inch Vizio $998 @ Walmart ($700 saved). I didn't think they advertise last year deal 60 inch for $688 like they do this year in all national TVs, so I think you have to line up early to get it this year. They have the same last year deal again $668 for a 60 inch. I might consider lining up for 70 inch to resell (at least $500 profit in Ebay ~easy money) if there is a friend with a truck lol... no way to haul this with my Honda Accord 2 doors...
If I decide to line up, I might snag another PS4 or Xbox one to resell also, easy ~150 profit each. I don't know what Microsoft is thinking. They are trying to sell inferior hardware (only 720p upscale, non-removable hard drive, crappy graphic card, huge ass VCR type box) and expect someone to pay $100 more for it...LOL. Also, I "love" the fact that they reverse their policy about needing to stay online to play + no used game. If there isn't any competitor i.e., Sony by gamers, for gamers, I bet their monopolistic anti consumerism policy would stand and screw us all. I am not giving them a cent of my gaming $.
PCs are still superior for gaming. I just bought a MSI gaming PC (refurbished albeit) for $900 on eBay. Runs awesome for COD: Ghosts.
Can't think of anything need to buy this year. Not gonna get a new gaming console the first year it comes out. Anyone remember the ring of death fiasco with xb360 when it came out?
Ya, I'm waiting for the 2nd batch to get a PS4.
Because i don't like my IPAD Mini Retina, I've been looking for IPAD Air deal..there are like 3 current great deals going on (and all sold out).
However, the last thing that I'm going to do is go line up on thursday afternoon. it's not even black friday anymore..i would rather call black thanksgiving.
slickdeals.net is a great source if you don't want to line up but still want to buy something.
Anyways, unless you camp the night before doorbuster, you won't get what you wanted to.
However, the last thing that I'm going to do is go line up on thursday afternoon. it's not even black friday anymore..i would rather call black thanksgiving.
slickdeals.net is a great source if you don't want to line up but still want to buy something.
Anyways, unless you camp the night before doorbuster, you won't get what you wanted to.
PCs are still superior for gaming. I just bought a MSI gaming PC (refurbished albeit) for $900 on eBay. Runs awesome for COD: Ghosts.
Ya, I'm waiting for the 2nd batch to get a PS4.
Console IS PC lol, it always is. I would not wait for 2nd batch, Sony has 1 year warranty, and you have a credit card that doubles your warranty to 2 years. If something goes wrong in 2 years, just return it or get full $ back from the credit card company.
Console IS PC lol, it always is. I would not wait for 2nd batch, Sony has 1 year warranty, and you have a credit card that doubles your warranty to 2 years. If something goes wrong in 2 years, just return it or get full $ back from the credit card company.
Don't plan on paying more than original price of $399 anyway, everyone I know is selling it for like $600.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got an IPAD Air from Target in the middle of night through online deal! love night shift, yay! (sigh)
I envy everyone who is out in the frigid Minnesotan cold right now waiting for savings for things that they want. I don't want anything but my own time, so I wish I could go line up somewhere (even Walmart) right now to get out of my Thanksgiving dinner, I don't even care if I go in the store or anything, just get the hell out of the house. Having the family around reminds me why both sides live in different states than we do. My wife is also getting pretty heated with all small scale conflicts going on. The drama is real. Help!
If I ever play emulators, I like the old style controllers. The Logitech F310 (and its wireless cousin F710) are cheap, cheerful controllers that work really well with basically everything out there (and is usually the one that even indies program against since the API is publically known). You could wait for the $9.99 sale on the F310 or the $25 for the F710, but take the splurge as that's what a pharmacists salary is for. (It also surprisingly works well for VistA Imaging, and I know radiologists who use them for navigation and highlighting.)
As far as mice, I was introduced to Zelotes at a PDXLAN, and I've been a fan ever since. They are actually in my DC office and faculty office as well. If you are going to get mice on the normal end, I recommend the Razer Naga, but I really, really recommend a great mouse mat like SteelSeries XXL or Reflex. I've converted almost everyone at 10th Street Office VACO to using them as they are awesome for long periods of mouse work.
Really, it's now less than $599 US dollars?
Speaking of Black Friday and speaking of all these electronics,
does anyone use a gaming controller for the PC? Would it be worth spending the money to buy one?
If I ever play emulators, I like the old style controllers. The Logitech F310 (and its wireless cousin F710) are cheap, cheerful controllers that work really well with basically everything out there (and is usually the one that even indies program against since the API is publically known). You could wait for the $9.99 sale on the F310 or the $25 for the F710, but take the splurge as that's what a pharmacists salary is for. (It also surprisingly works well for VistA Imaging, and I know radiologists who use them for navigation and highlighting.)
As far as mice, I was introduced to Zelotes at a PDXLAN, and I've been a fan ever since. They are actually in my DC office and faculty office as well. If you are going to get mice on the normal end, I recommend the Razer Naga, but I really, really recommend a great mouse mat like SteelSeries XXL or Reflex. I've converted almost everyone at 10th Street Office VACO to using them as they are awesome for long periods of mouse work.
Got a PS3 bundle (why I don't know, I don't even play video games anymore, but for $200 maybe I will play enough to make it worth it) and Galaxy Tablet. So far I am underwhelmed. animefreak.tv didn't even load the videos and Hulu knows not to let me use it without paying for plus. Bummer, I was hoping to use to watch videos on the side. Plus Google Doc runs too slow so I can't use it for another function I was hoping to. 🙁
Right now it is running Pandora well, but I didn't want to have an expensive Pandora player. Hoping I find more use for it soon.![]()
Really, it's now less than $599 US dollars?
Last edited:
This is my Black Friday list as well. Plus guitar hero.Ps4 slim bundle at kohl's <$150 after cash backs.
Didn't buy anything this yr... Just a new bed sheet :0
Plus some towels. I also found some flannels I liked in store. Exciting stuff...
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Really, it's now less than $599 US dollars?
What is? I are confused.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
What is? I are confused.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Really, it's now less than $599 US dollars?
What is? I are confused.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Oh, it's an old joke on the PS3 (I think you mistyped instead of a PS4). It comes from a complete disaster of a an E3 conference that Kazuo Hirai had in 2006 starting with how expensive the PS3 was.
Memes:
$599 US Dollars
"Based on Japanese history - Giant enemy crab!"
"Attack its weak point for massive damage"
"Riiiiidge Racer!!!"
No gimmicks
This really happened as a press conference:
http://www.p4rgaming.com/kazuo-hirai-suffering-from-ptsd-caused-by-e3-2006s-playstation-3-event/
Last edited:
Oh, it's an old joke on the PS3 (I think you mistyped instead of a PS4). It comes from a complete disaster of a an E3 conference that Kazuo Hirai had in 2006 starting with how expensive the PS3 was.
Memes:
$599 US Dollars
"Based on Japanese history - Giant enemy crab!"
"Attack its weak point for massive damage"
"Riiiiidge Racer!!!"
No gimmicks
This really happened as a press conference:
http://www.p4rgaming.com/kazuo-hirai-suffering-from-ptsd-caused-by-e3-2006s-playstation-3-event/
I'm pretty sure I meant PS3 - that's an old post.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
What kinda deal? I've sort of been eyeing that, but haven't been able to justify the price tag.I bought the google pixel.
I'll wait longer for quick charge 4.0 next year, 15 mins for 50% charging. Snapdragon 835 (10 nm chips). I am still pretty happy with LG G4 for $160 I bought 6 months ago, great camera for the money!
Wow, for $160 I would definitely choose the LG G4, I haven't found such a deal like that, 3G of RAM would have been nice.
I come from a Moto G 1st gen 2 years ago for $60, switched to Ting which dropped by monthly phone bill to ~$30. That was great savings for me at the time.
Unfortunately 2 years seems to be about the lifespan for it in my case.
I slept in and saved tons of money
I worked on Black Friday, so I actually made money instead of spending it. Bought a few things on Cyber Monday though.I slept in and saved tons of money
Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile