anyone NOT sending their LOR through aadsas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i didn't send my LOR to aadsas, that means my file isn't complete by the time the schools get my application. Should I send the LOR without their request or should I just wait?

Members don't see this ad.

That depends on the school... just call them and ask what they want you to do.

I sent them to all of my schools without going through aadsas...without waiting for them to ask me for them.

I didn't send mine through AADSAS. They were sent at the beginning of October - my AADSAS was just sent out on Thursday. I called all the schools - they've all received them - so I feel pretty good about making the decision to bypass AADSAS completely with these.

Members don't see this ad :)
if the person who is writing your LOR is willing to send the letter to each of your schools then it might be quicker to bypass AADSAS (they are know to be super super slow).

coral2005 said:
That depends on the school... just call them and ask what they want you to do.

I sent them to all of my schools without going through aadsas...without waiting for them to ask me for them.

But some school only want LOR send directly from AADSAS... will D school not look at those send from my undergrad school?

I didn't send mine through AADSAS. My school has their own LOR service and all of the schools I applied to accepted them (even if their website says otherwise). I had my LOR's sent well before the schools received my AADSAS file.

If you haven't had them sent, send them now. Not all schools are going to contact you and tell you that they're waiting for your LOR's.

Utes said:
I didn't send mine through AADSAS. My school has their own LOR service and all of the schools I applied to accepted them (even if their website says otherwise). I had my LOR's sent well before the schools received my AADSAS file.

If you haven't had them sent, send them now. Not all schools are going to contact you and tell you that they're waiting for your LOR's.

which address should i send to? i searched the school websites and found their school of dentistry address, should i send the LOR to the school of dentistry address or to admission office?

I sent mine through interfolio.com