anyone receive any interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Borrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what field? where?

Members don't see this ad.

Please tell me you're kidding? ERAS is so painfully slow right now I'm answering questions here rather than looking at applications.

Reactions: 1 user
yah I got +20IV by now in all top-tier universities across all specialties .. but I cancelled around 10 .. hang on there you may get something today because of my cancellations..

Reactions: 3 users
I've got a bunch... for fellowship.

Wait, you're talking about for residency? Lol. It just opened today. The only people with interviews so far are internal candidates or candidates who are currently at an institution doing an away. (Our program for example, will interview away students even in July-September. They just make an informal day for them so they don't have to come back)

I already got a rejection from a program. How is that possible without the usmle transcript being released?

It's still very quiet for me, no rejections, no IV. Just got an acknowledgement email from CHOP, that's all!

I already got a rejection from a program. How is that possible without the usmle transcript being released?
You're an IMG/DO and they don't take IMG/DOs? You need a visa and they won't sponsor one? I could go on but I'm lazy. You get the idea.

You're an IMG/DO and they don't take IMG/DOs? You need a visa and they won't sponsor one? I could go on but I'm lazy. You get the idea.

I'm an IMG but a citizen. They do take IMGs....

But not you. That's life. Move on.

This isn't meant to be personal. But if you take it personally it's going to be a really crap next few months.

:). No I'm not taking it personally at all. I was just confused as to how it happened already cause the transcript wasn't out, etc....

Have they actually matched IMGs before or do they just say they consider IMGs?

I can't tell from their resident class. They do have a number of DOs. The schools that their residents went to aren't listed.

a ROAD specialty in the midwest sent out invites today as a video, and the video has 73 views

I can't tell from their resident class. They do have a number of DOs. The schools that their residents went to aren't listed.
I think there's probably a build-in filter in the system this year that automatically scans your CV, YOG, USMLE score (not released yet i know), etc...I got a rejection soon after applying because my YOG didn't meet their requirement (which was surprising 'cause it wasn't stated on their website at all)

I submitted my apps with only 1 LOR. Does that mean prelim and transitional programs will or will not look at my app and potentially offer me interviews before my other Lors are in?

I think there's probably a build-in filter in the system this year that automatically scans your CV, YOG, USMLE score (not released yet i know), etc...I got a rejection soon after applying because my YOG didn't meet their requirement (which was surprising 'cause it wasn't stated on their website at all)

There's no built in filter for this. But it is very easy for a program to make a filter to pull out all applications where the YOG is > (some date), and then send all of those people a rejection notice.

I submitted my apps with only 1 LOR. Does that mean prelim and transitional programs will or will not look at my app and potentially offer me interviews before my other Lors are in?

It is their choice. They might wait for the rest of your letters, or until Oct 1 when MSPE's are released. Or they might review your application now.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone get any Peds interviews?

I know a person who got peds interview from Driscoll. But I haven't got anything yet. super quiet!

Looking back at the old Peds Interview Invitation thread, a handful of places start offering interviews 9/17. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!

omg guys! The feeling is horrible. I am like checking my email every 15 mins. :( can't get any work done!

Reactions: 1 users
I know I feel like a neurotic loser refreshing my email every 5 mins!!! :arghh:

so people are starting to get interviews and yet, my inbox is soo silent.. I am starting to freak out!

Are invites come thru ERAS or to our Email?

Looking at the old interview invite thread from last year, most places send out interviews between 9/17-10/1 and then a good number in the first half of oct. at least for Peds. Dont givd up hope yet! :)

And i got 0 invites so far too :(

Looking at the old interview invite thread from last year, most places send out interviews between 9/17-10/1 and then a good number in the first half of oct. at least for Peds. Dont givd up hope yet! :)

And i got 0 invites so far too :(
Giving up hope? You clearly don't understand how early in the cycle it is. Go grab and beer or wine and chill out.

Got Interview offer in Peds just now.

Giving up hope? You clearly don't understand how early in the cycle it is. Go grab and beer or wine and chill out.

I think it is easy to say after the fact everything is done...but as a medical student we are naturally competitive, want to be the first etc....I'm sure any medical student will be a little hurt if they don't get their interviews before everyone else.

It really sucks that people have already started getting interviews from places I've applied, but trying to put it into perspective since its still very very early and programs have hundreds of apps to go through. Trying to be patient! :rolleyes:

It really sucks that people have already started getting interviews from places I've applied, but trying to put it into perspective since its still very very early and programs have hundreds of apps to go through. Trying to be patient! :rolleyes:
Exactly!!!! I get your feeling!!! Still waiting! And I am having ****ty feeling something might be wrong with my application.

phewww. now i can relax abit. just got a few peds invites today. haha

Confusing situation I got today. Wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I applied to the John H Stroger hospital Cook County internal medicine categorical program. NOT the primary care internal medicine program.

But today I got an interview invite from the primary care internal medicine program. I already emailed both coordinators about it, but can programs just assign you to an interview at any type of program at their institution?

I can't believe everyone is so eager to have interviews already. I feel it's too early and mentally I feel like I need some time to cool down and prepare after the angst of preparing/submitting ERAS! Not to mention Step 2 down the line and so many other things I have to take care of...

Confusing situation I got today. Wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

I applied to the John H Stroger hospital Cook County internal medicine categorical program. NOT the primary care internal medicine program.

But today I got an interview invite from the primary care internal medicine program. I already emailed both coordinators about it, but can programs just assign you to an interview at any type of program at their institution?

Yes, this happened to me too, I'm not quite sure what is going on!

Are med students becoming more neurotic these days? I feel like social media is to blame... you guys all need to chill and enjoy 4th year more. Just my 2 cents.