Program-Specific Info / Q's Anyone receive interview invitations from any NJ schools for Fall 2018?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTfromN J

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone receive interview invitations from any NJ schools for Fall 2018? (Kean, Seton Hall, Stockton)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone receive interview invitations from any NJ schools for Fall 2018? (Kean, Seton Hall, Stockton)
Hey there! Seton Hall doesn't do interviews. They give out admission decisions at the end of March. Stockton does interview applicants, and based on past threads they are held in Feb so I'd assume invites would go out in the next couple weeks?

Reactions: 1 user
I just posted this yesterday and today I was invited to interview at Kean!! I am so excited since Kean is my top choice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just posted this yesterday and today I was invited to interview at Kean!! I am so excited since Kean is my top choice!!
Congrats!! I am also hoping to hear back from Kean soon

I’m a first year student at Kean. I’m really happy with the program. Good luck at your interview. Just be yourself.

Good luck on your interview! I'm also waiting to hear back :)

Hey I was wondering if you got invited via email or phone call? I received three emails on Friday saying my application will be forwarded for review, but I’m not sure if that was an error since it was three separate emails all on the same day lol

Reactions: 1 users
Hey I was wondering if you got invited via email or phone call? I received three emails on Friday saying my application will be forwarded for review, but I’m not sure if that was an error since it was three separate emails all on the same day lol

I received those 3 separate emails on Friday too, I thought I was the only one lol. I think it was probably an error since they sent me that same email back in the beginning of January as well

I’m a first year student at Kean. I’m really happy with the program. Good luck at your interview. Just be yourself.
I am scheduled for an interview next week and excited since Kean is one of my top choices. I've been trying to find what the class schedule is like just to see if I'd be able to commute comfortably to and from school if I were accepted. Do you mind posting what the fall schedule was like?

I am scheduled for an interview next week and excited since Kean is one of my top choices. I've been trying to find what the class schedule is like just to see if I'd be able to commute comfortably to and from school if I were accepted. Do you mind posting what the fall schedule was like?

Hi. Congrats on getting an interview. Unfortunately I threw out the fall schedule. The cohort is divided up in two tracks so there are two versions of every semester. In the fall I had class everyday (Mon-Fri). We began at 9:30am and, depending on the day, ended at either noonish or 3. I had one late class (leaving at 7:15pm). The other track got lucky and had Friday’s off halfway thru the semester.

I just got a call from Kean this morning to go in for an interview on Monday! :) Super excited/nervous! Any tips??

Hi! I have my interview for Stockton on Feb 14th (this Wednesday) - Valentine's Day, so hopefully they'll fall in love with me as an applicant. ;) They sent out interview invites via email on Jan 22nd, and they already had the first day of interviews on Feb 7th; I just registered for the later option of the 14th since I already had another school's (my top choice) interview on Monday Feb 5th, so I didn't want to stress over 2 interviews in the same week!

Hope everyone does well during their interviews! We're in the home stretch!!! :clap:

Reactions: 1 users
I also got those e-mails - I think it was an error, but I took it as a sign - lol and then they called me on Monday. Good luck! I hope you hear from them soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm happy to hear that you're happy with the program. Do you live there? If so, how did you find housing?

I'm happy to hear that you're happy with the program. Do you live there? If so, how did you find housing?

I don't live in NJ. I'm from NYC and take NJ Transit to school. It's really convenient because there is a train stop across the street from campus and there is a shuttle bus that takes you from main campus to East campus (where most of the classes are held.). Otherwise it's about a 15 minute walk (I walk a lot when the weather is nice).

I just had my interview with Kean today and I have to say I'm a little nervous /: I wasn't shown the Clinic (which I heard was a good indicator that the interview is going well) and in total it lasted about 25 min. I got a little tripped up over simple questions like "the difference between OT and PT" and "what I believed were my most valuable occupations". Really hope the rest of my answers made up for this :( Good luck to everyone else!

I applied to stockton and seton hall, but haven’t heard anything from them. I am quite nervous since I didn’t get an invitation to interview yet for stockton.

I applied to stockton and seton hall, but haven’t heard anything from them. I am quite nervous since I didn’t get an invitation to interview yet for stockton.
I'm in the same boat. I applied to both and never got an interview invite from Stockton either, but I already decided I was going to decline it regardless so I guess it's not a big deal. I just like knowing where I stand lol

I'm in the same boat. I applied to both and never got an interview invite from Stockton either, but I already decided I was going to decline it regardless so I guess it's not a big deal. I just like knowing where I stand lol
What schools have you applied to/got accepted to?

What schools have you applied to/got accepted to?
I have been accepted to MCPHS and Hofstra so far. I put my deposit down on MCPHS since I was accepted a while ago but haven't decided if I'm fully committed to attending yet. I got an interview invite for Pacific which I will be completing tomorrow on Skype. And then I'm waiting for Seton Hall, Stockton, D'Youville, and NYU. What about you? I'm also from CA :)

I have been accepted to MCPHS and Hofstra so far. I put my deposit down on MCPHS since I was accepted a while ago but haven't decided if I'm fully committed to attending yet. I got an interview invite for Pacific which I will be completing tomorrow on Skype. And then I'm waiting for Seton Hall, Stockton, D'Youville, and NYU. What about you? I'm also from CA :)

Applied:
USC
Stanbridge
U of Washington
U of Puget Sound
U or Mary
Salus
Thomas Jefferson
Davenport University
NYU
Midwestern University
Seton Hall
Stockton
MCPHS (Manchester, NH)

Accepted:
Davenport University

Waitlisted:
U of Mary for Billings, MT campus and Bismarck, ND campus

Interviewed:
Midwestern Univeristy (end of Jan)
U of Mary (beginning of Feb)

Rejected:
Midwestern
Salus University
Thomas Jefferson
Puget Sound

I applied to a lot of programs since it’s my first year applying. I want to get in the first time!

Applied:
USC
Stanbridge
U of Washington
U of Puget Sound
U or Mary
Salus
Thomas Jefferson
Davenport University
NYU
Midwestern University
Seton Hall
Stockton
MCPHS (Manchester, NH)

Accepted:
Davenport University

Waitlisted:

Interviewed:

Rejected:
Midwestern
Salus University
Thomas Jefferson
Puget Sound

I applied to a lot of programs since it’s my first year applying. I want to get in the first time!
I definitely don't blame you there! At least you have an acceptance so far so you will definitely be going to school which is exciting :D

I just had my interview with Kean today and I have to say I'm a little nervous /: I wasn't shown the Clinic (which I heard was a good indicator that the interview is going well) and in total it lasted about 25 min. I got a little tripped up over simple questions like "the difference between OT and PT" and "what I believed were my most valuable occupations". Really hope the rest of my answers made up for this :( Good luck to everyone else!

Don’t sweat not being shown the clinic. It doesn’t mean anything.

Anyone who got an interview from Kean, when did you guys send in your applications? I'm still waiting to hear back but wasn't sure if they are going by when applications were sent in!

Anyone who got an interview from Kean, when did you guys send in your applications? I'm still waiting to hear back but wasn't sure if they are going by when applications were sent in!
I submitted mine like 2 or 3 days before the deadline and got called for an interview last Friday. Hope that helps :)

Hi. Congrats on getting an interview. Unfortunately I threw out the fall schedule. The cohort is divided up in two tracks so there are two versions of every semester. In the fall I had class everyday (Mon-Fri). We began at 9:30am and, depending on the day, ended at either noonish or 3. I had one late class (leaving at 7:15pm). The other track got lucky and had Friday’s off halfway thru the semester.

Hi! Did you find that people are able to attend the program at Kean and also have a job? This is my BIGGEST concern about OT school.

Hi! Did you find that people are able to attend the program at Kean and also have a job? This is my BIGGEST concern about OT school.

A few of my classmates have flexible part time jobs (ie. babysitting, waitressing, etc). It’s possible but it really depends on the person and how you are able to handle stress. The first semester is very intense and can be challenging to simply balance the workload.

How and when did you hear from Salus?

Applied:
USC
Stanbridge
U of Washington
U of Puget Sound
U or Mary
Salus
Thomas Jefferson
Davenport University
NYU
Midwestern University
Seton Hall
Stockton
MCPHS (Manchester, NH)

Accepted:
Davenport University

Waitlisted:

Interviewed:

Rejected:
Midwestern
Salus University
Thomas Jefferson
Puget Sound

How and when did you hear from Salus?
They contacted me through email 3 times - 11/21, 12/15, and yesterday 02/19.

They basically said the same thing. Email stated “it was determined that you were a strong enough candidate to be considered for further review in a very competitive process. However, you have not yet been selected to interview for the incoming class of 2018, for which we have already received 475 applications.”

Hi all! I got an invite today to interview at Kean next week! Any advice on how to prepare? I’m really excited but also super nervous!!

Hi everyone! I got an invitation to interview at Kean for March 19th. There were other dates available but unfortunately I had prior commitments. They scheduled with me via telephone call.

Just curious has anyone heard back from Kean lately? A friend of mine is still waiting to hear back :)

Based on previous threads, we should be hearing from seton hall very soon. Just wondering if anyone has heard from them yet?

Based on previous threads, we should be hearing from seton hall very soon. Just wondering if anyone has heard from them yet?
They said they will be notifying applicants by the end of April, but I've also noticed in past threads that people started hearing from them at the beginning of April. Hopefully, it will be the same - the end of April is a long wait!

I haven’t heard from either yet... I called Kean yesterday and they said decisions are still being made

For those of you accepted into Kean for Fall 2018 (or previous years), how were you notified? I'm checking my application status on a daily basis, but I wonder if that's updated prior to a call or mailing a letter.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

For those of you accepted into Kean for Fall 2018 (or previous years), how were you notified? I'm checking my application status on a daily basis, but I wonder if that's updated prior to a call or mailing a letter.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
I was contacted for an interview by phone call and accepted 4 days later via email. This was back in February though and even after I was accepted my application status still said "In Progress" online. I feel like right now the department must be really backed up with applications though because I have a friend who went in for an interview the first week of March and still hasn't heard anything back.

I called Kean today to ask how they notified applicants, the grad admissions office said phone call, email and snail mail are all used to contact. I interviewed mid March and haven't heard anything yet but I know there were still interviews going on into last week. Let's all sit tight!

I got accepted to Seton Hall today!

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted into Seton Hall also!! :happy:

Also accepted to Seton Hall!

I was contacted for an interview by phone call and accepted 4 days later via email. This was back in February though and even after I was accepted my application status still said "In Progress" online. I feel like right now the department must be really backed up with applications though because I have a friend who went in for an interview the first week of March and still hasn't heard anything back.

Thanks, this is helpful to know!

I called Kean today to ask how they notified applicants, the grad admissions office said phone call, email and snail mail are all used to contact. I interviewed mid March and haven't heard anything yet but I know there were still interviews going on into last week. Let's all sit tight!

Thanks for the info! My interview was 3/23, and Dr. Gardner warned that I might not hear until the end of April. Still, I’m anxious to find out.

I was also accepted to Seton Hall yesterday! So excited. I think I will be going there.

Has anyone heard from Kean recently? Still no word from them...

Has anyone heard from Kean recently? Still no word from them...
I was waitlisted by postal mail from Seton Hall yesterday, and also waitlisted by email from Kean yesterday.