Anyone received invites for psych interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are programs still giving out invites or is it pretty much "over?" I still haven't heard from a few - some less competitive and some as competitive as ones I got interviews from long ago. Where's the rhyme and reason?

Members don't see this ad.

NYU is still giving our interviews, as well as Northwestern.

Seems like spots are opening up as people cancel interviews. At this point, I almost don't want to go to any more!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
Anyone interviewed at Beth israel/nassau/suny brooklyn/mount sinai cabrini for psychiatry?How was the experience ?what did they ask?
Pleeeease reply uregntly..Thanks

NYU just sent me an interview invitation which I promptly declined.

Hi Asher!
Can you please tell me what dates they(NYU) offered you for the interview.Also please tell your credentials( step 1/2 usmle scores/csa/step 3 etc)Are you an IMG?visa status..Just that it will help me know who are they interviewing now.
Thanks so much

Deeaan , I've sent you a pm.

Hi
I have a couple of very imp interviews this week.Can anyone please tell me how to effectively answer when asked about reasons for choosing this speciality.I have always been interested in psychology & talking to people.Thats the reason I chose this branch but unfortunately I have no research experience in psychiatry which could show my keen interest(reason being no opportunity..I am an IMG) & so I feel it might not be convincing enough to them.Please guide on how to convince them that I am genuinely interested in psychiatry which is a truth.As a matter of fact I have difficulty convincing even my friends who think that after having good scores(actually average:207 & 221) how could I think of just applying in psychiatry which is so unreal(thats the term my friend used).I personally feel that its like exploring the unknown..& thats the thing which makes it fascinating.Infact if i dont get into a decent program this year I am thinking of doing a research in psychiatry somewhere before applying next year coz i cant think of doing anything else in my life.
Another things is that I am very interested in the psychotherapy trainging.Is it ok to mention this during interviews?I was concerend because most programs emphasise on psychopharmacology & they might think of this as a negative point.
The interviews I have coming up are
Albert einstein beth israel
(Mount sinai) cabrini medical center
Nassau uni medical center
Maimonides medical center
SUNY brooklyn health center
Please lemme know if you have any idea about the programs here.Any input will be reeeeeeeeeeeaally appreciated.Thanks & good luck.
God bless
Please reply at [email protected] if possible.

If anybody else can guide me on this please do so.......thanks a ton

Please lemme know how to answer this question at psych intereviews?
Your weaknesses?
why shd we take you..?????
Please whosoever has prematched please leave suggestions..thanks a billion