Anyone remember chem calculations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I know this isn't a tutoring forum, but I totally forgot how to do this chem calculation and was hoping some of my fellow pre-vets would remember..

How do you prepare a 5% hydrazine solution from a 64% hydrazine solution?

V1C1 = V2C2

(dont know how to do subscripts here)

Basically, V = your volume, C = your concentration
1 = initial
2 = final

Didn't tell me how much you wanted to make up, so lets say 100 mL

so, (64%)x = (5%)(100 mL)

x = 7.81 mL of 64% solution into 92.1 mL water (I rounded, not sure how exact you have to be)

Think that is right, I will have to do it on paper to make sure 100%

But V1C1 = V2C2 is your friend!

EDIT: By the way, this can obviously be used for any type of value, substitute % for M for m, it will be fine as long as you are not going from one to a different one.