Anyone retaking NDB part1 to improve scores....??!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
Hopefully there is no pattern changes this year!!If there is....then students who are at school will be informed about it ..and someone might post the information on sdn ..
Best of luck to all :thumbup:
TZ

Members don't see this ad.

hi.
I got my scores a couple of days back but was just busy with the job hunt and collecting stuff for part-2
I got 88 in my part 1.I dont know if its ok.cause people with 89's and 90's are still sitting with nothing in their hand.but I dont think I wanna take the exam again.I think I might try my luck this time.and then I would see wat I should do.what do u think
tiya

hi guys,
took my exam yest as i said last 40 min computer got frozen and couldn,t do anything about it.just going to file a compliant.
anat and physio biochem was easy and path micro was ok too.but dadh was real hard.
they asked questions like when the mandible moves from centric relation to right lateral excursion which sulcus of mandibular first molar does mb cusp of max first molar goes?
and articular disc moves forward in relation to articular eminnence which cusp of mand 2 molar touches the lingual fossa of mand 2 molar?some direct questions were there but most of them were twisted like this
so many questions came from previous papers in anat and physio.
patho was ok too.nothing out of kaplan and papers.
but now i,m scared whether they give percentile depending on the level of difficulty in exam?is something there like that?
but one thing i felt is like u can,t expect to get questions some people get?all type of questions were there in the paper.
will post questions as i remember them.bye,prasad

Members don't see this ad :)
hi every1...

i just took my exams on aprl 5th.got my reults...barely passed 76%(3rd attempt).but failed in anatomy.i am going to retake anatomy alone but no no way i am going to take the whole part again!!!i am fed of it...i know my chances of getting into a school with this score is very very very remote(actually almost impossible) but there is no such word as impossible...rite...so i will try my luck in applying for the schools after passing anatomy...if not...then ,dental hygiene...here i come....

oh by the way i posted some questions on my thread...i dont know how to direct u to there(since its only my second day in this site)...its the thread with 'wrote my exam on 5th and reslts came...hmmm...'

i would luv to hear what u have to say...any remarks,advices,sarcasams???hehe

tke care...

emot

Hi Tiya,

Congrats ..you have good scores ..I'm sure you can apply to schools and will be called for interviews! :thumbup:
Best of Luck
Vrnda

tiyakapoor said:
hi.
I got my scores a couple of days back but was just busy with the job hunt and collecting stuff for part-2
I got 88 in my part 1.I dont know if its ok.cause people with 89's and 90's are still sitting with nothing in their hand.but I dont think I wanna take the exam again.I think I might try my luck this time.and then I would see wat I should do.what do u think
tiya

tiyakapoor said:
hi.
tiya

Two of my friends got into schools with only part 1 88 and 86 ... they didnt take the part 2. So i would suggest you to go ahead and take ur part 2 and apply ... you will defintely get through. Dont worry

I just wanted to suggest to those who find Anatomy a bit hard ... I am using Netter's flash cards .... and they seem extremely helpful .... I didnt understand them in the first place but as I am studying I looked at the illustrations on the Netter's cards ..... and Anat seems so much more clear!!! Its just 20 and odd dollars on ebay!!

Hi Guys

So much to do in metabolism ..kaplan takes for ever!!! i have become so slow. :sleep: Thought to move ahead.!! Biochem is one of those subjects where you have to grin and bear it. So many cycles and enzymes to memorize! It is difficult to keep them all straight!! And to think of reviewing this subject in the weeks before I take my exam!!!! Too much :scared:

happy studying fellas! I think the main thing you need: all your enthusiasm and willpower to stay in track; I personally think is good to be active with your group anything that can keep you in the road and where you also get support from others in the same boat !! :thumbup:

How are the rest of you studying??
Best of Luck
Vrnda

Vrnda said:
Hi Guys

So much to do in metabolism ..kaplan takes for ever!!! i have become so slow. :sleep: Thought to move ahead.!! Biochem is one of those subjects where you have to grin and bear it. So many cycles and enzymes to memorize! It is difficult to keep them all straight!! And to think of reviewing this subject in the weeks before I take my exam!!!! Too much :scared:

happy studying fellas! I think the main thing you need: all your enthusiasm and willpower to stay in track; I personally think is good to be active with your group anything that can keep you in the road and where you also get support from others in the same boat !! :thumbup:

How are the rest of you studying??
Best of Luck
Vrnda

hey vrnda ...i know how u feel abt bio chem ...it really does get ure pace slowed down ....not one of the favs...anyway if u cud get uer hand on usmle frst aid guid book that wud be awesome as it really has neat menmonics so its easeir to memorize them and it doenst take that much time too! so try that maybe itlll help .
all the best

Hi ,
Thanks emotions!!..your questions are really useful to all of us to are preparing for exams .!!..Im sure you will definetly find your way up in this world!!..
Good Luck with everthing!!!
GN

emotion1777 said:
hi every1...

i just took my exams on aprl 5th.got my reults...barely passed 76%(3rd attempt).but failed in anatomy.i am going to retake anatomy alone but no no way i am going to take the whole part again!!!i am fed of it...i know my chances of getting into a school with this score is very very very remote(actually almost impossible) but there is no such word as impossible...rite...so i will try my luck in applying for the schools after passing anatomy...if not...then ,dental hygiene...here i come....

oh by the way i posted some questions on my thread...i dont know how to direct u to there(since its only my second day in this site)...its the thread with 'wrote my exam on 5th and reslts came...hmmm...'

tke care...

emot

Hi,
Has anyone tried using the toymed site? ..Do you find it useful?
Thanks
V

Thanks for all the questions emotion!!
All the best to you
Vrnda

emotion1777 said:
hi every1...

tke care...

emot

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for posting some questions..Hope you get best results!
You should file a report with ada regarding your computer error during your test!
Good Luck ...
Vrnda

nprasad said:
hi guys,
took my exam yest as i said last 40 min computer got frozen and couldn,t do anything about it.just going to file a compliant.
anat and physio biochem was easy and path micro was ok too.but dadh was real hard.
they asked questions like when the mandible moves from centric relation to right lateral excursion which sulcus of mandibular first molar does mb cusp of max first molar goes?
and articular disc moves forward in relation to articular eminnence which cusp of mand 2 molar touches the lingual fossa of mand 2 molar?some direct questions were there but most of them were twisted like this
but now i,m scared whether they give percentile depending on the level of difficulty in exam?is something there like that?
but one thing i felt is like u can,t expect to get questions some people get?all type of questions were there in the paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Kal nag

When are you planning on taking your test?..
Best of luck to you. :thumbup:
Kindly do post questions after ur test to help future test takers!!
Vrnda

kal_nag said:
hai tiya,
what about anatomy.which topics they covered?

Hi,

Anyone tried using the toymed site??
How good is this site??
Thanks
Vrnda

Vrnda,
You could try posting on the dental forum... they may give more responses ...I havent used it though :)

Vrnda said:
Hi Kal nag

When are you planning on taking your test?..
Best of luck to you. :thumbup:
Kindly do post questions after ur test to help future test takers!!
Vrnda
hai,
i am taking on 25 of this month.i will post questions after my exam.how is ur prep going on.all the best .when r u taking test? :)

hi guys,
i had questions on breast cancer,endometrial cancer and cervical cancer.like they gave 4 options and asked me which one is not the cause?
1]multiple sex partners
2]early manarche
3]hpv
4]circumscibed partner?
2]where renal columns located?
3]in syphilis where are aneruysms located?
4]which is the cause of pulmonary infarct?

will post as i remember

Hey guys,
Well it looks like i'll be taking it again as well now to improve my scores,
i took it last july and got an 84...i got an interview call from USC this year but no where else...i got rejected and USC so no my hopes are pretty much down the drain...thinkin bout studying again just makes me sick to my stomach..it's gonna be such hell but what can u do i guess...So someone update me, was the 2000 paper released and where can i get it from? or the pilot paper...someone please post a link for me...other than that it's back to the old exams, and kaplan, and decks again...has anyone changed their study strategy this time around , or is anyoen using any new material?
keep me updated,
i'm really down and out right now...emotionally that is...so i need some encouragment...
see ya
khurram

hey k, we r in the same boat!wish u all the best!
Khurram said:
Hey guys,
Well it looks like i'll be taking it again as well now to improve my scores,
i took it last july and got an 84...i got an interview call from USC this year but no where else...i got rejected and USC so no my hopes are pretty much down the drain...thinkin bout studying again just makes me sick to my stomach..it's gonna be such hell but what can u do i guess...So someone update me, was the 2000 paper released and where can i get it from? or the pilot paper...someone please post a link for me...other than that it's back to the old exams, and kaplan, and decks again...has anyone changed their study strategy this time around , or is anyoen using any new material?
keep me updated,
i'm really down and out right now...emotionally that is...so i need some encouragment...
see ya
khurram

babyteeth said:
Seems to me that they run out of easy questions for bioquemistry and they just have very but very difficult ones.
I got my results ,got my results 84 ...bioquemistry f.. up my results I got 78,last time I got 84 in that subjet. The rest is been improved. Vey down, no sure if I should retake it. Any advice, will be appreciate it.
I know there are alot more competition between indians, I am latin , green card holder and california resident, does anybody know something about my chances.??

Babyteeth
hi
i saw ur post can u tell me about the biochem paper u got in the exam.actually i was wondering wat type of questions they are asking in the exam.could u plz help me out as i m taking my exam on 3 may.
thanx in advance
bhumika

bhumika_201 said:
hi
i saw ur post can u tell me about the biochem paper u got in the exam.actually i was wondering wat type of questions they are asking in the exam.could u plz help me out as i m taking my exam on 3 may.
thanx in advance
bhumika
hey bhumika
all the very best for ur exam.scor ehigh & keep in touch

nprasad said:
hi guys,

hi prasad,

which day u took exam? i took it o apr8 th.

i found dadh tough too.

Hi Guys .

How is it going for all you ?. What have you guys completed?...Lots more to do in kaplan review notes!!.. :scared:
Thanks toothzone for posting about info on pattern changes.
.hopefully this JULY nothing changed....!! .. :thumbup: BUT changes are going to be implemented soon enough ..i think :idea: :eek:
All the best all of you.... .if anyone is taking cbt exam ..kindly post questions that you can recally for all of us at sdn ..!!
Keep posting ..-updates of your preparation ..! :)
Vrnda :luck:

hi there
add me too on this thread
im not retaking the part 1 but its my first attempt
i wanna give my best short
i hope even who r taking it again give their best this time
so lets just do it jointly............
well i was thinking to start with one subject n we all can contribute with any new thing or topics which r mostly asked in the exam
so can we start with DA
n all those who have taken the exam can contribute with the questions n discussions on all the topics n any tutorials!!!!!!!!!

HI,
which university is usc?
hey guys ,i recently passed my part 1 with 86 score,i'm planning to apply in nyu for 2006.....i dont know should i apply or retake my exam,wat u people think....ADVICE N HELP PLEASE!

One has to be through with Lippincott's Biochemistry....probably the driest books you ever going to encounter. Also Kaplan online Q bank gives you the real perspective about modernish Biochem as opposed to Micky Mouse staff from dental decks (BTW you need to know everything from DD before you start grasping Lippincott's & Kaplan Q bank.....what I mean is you never going get those basic Qs any more)). I don't think except for very few Qs you will never get Biochem Qs right unless you develop a concept. Unfortunately we the Indian graduates never learnt Biochem in BDS....and I am not even talking about developing concept (me included). Also I understand occlusion part of Kaplan's review book is good source. There are several more suggestions about improving Biochem in this forum. I request you to search. But most importantly study & revise Biochem for at least a month. I learnt from mistakes.

rahmed

samina1 said:
HI,
which university is usc?
hey guys ,i recently passed my part 1 with 86 score,i'm planning to apply in nyu for 2006.....i dont know should i apply or retake my exam,wat u people think....ADVICE N HELP PLEASE!

i suggest maybe u should retake it.
do a serch or check the threads on NYu waitlist..there a re people with higher scores who have been waitlisted..

samina1 said:
HI,
which university is usc?

Hi samina1

Yes do retake when you still remember most of the stuff. There are couple of people in nineties/ninety are waitlisted in NYU this year. Me too with 86 waiting...way down the list! So....you don't have much choice.

rahmed

Hey Guys,
I am giving part 1 CBT in 2nd week of june.Can anyone give me some reference regarding the Michealis Constant theory? Tht one seems to go way over my head. I am not getting tht at all.
thnx in advance.Wud appreciate ur help.
drsj

Hi Guys,
How is everyones prep going on???What subjects are u doing??..
my prep is slow ..
Keep posting!! :thumbup:
Vrnda

If you need help with NBDE Part 1, message me, I'll send you some GREAT material!!!

hi toothie
can u plz suggest me some link for biochem as i dont have lippincot
thanks
reet

hi everybody i m also retakin part 1 and i want to do my best this time i got 83 in part 1 last time but i know i stand nowhere so i have started preparing again. Everybody usually finds biochem too difficult i wud suggest them to take kaplan classes and go thru biochem usmle tapes they r really helpful
good lluck to all with ur preparation.l have nt yet decided when to take exam but i m done with biochem physio and micro patho and half of anatomic sci i m very weak in da and i dont have wheelers can any one pls suggest me where should i learn da from is kaplan review notes enough?? ok bye wish u all once again gud luck :thumbup: :)

reni said:
hi everybody i m also retakin part 1 and i want to do my best this time i got 83 in part 1 last time but i know i stand nowhere so i have started preparing again. Everybody usually finds biochem too difficult i wud suggest them to take kaplan classes and go thru biochem usmle tapes they r really helpful
good lluck to all with ur preparation.l have nt yet decided when to take exam but i m done with biochem physio and micro patho and half of anatomic sci i m very weak in da and i dont have wheelers can any one pls suggest me where should i learn da from is kaplan review notes enough?? ok bye wish u all once again gud luck :thumbup: :)

i think kapln DA is quiet adequate along with the decks...
i only glanced thure the 2 due to lack of time..but was def adequate to get a good score...

Hi

i am taking part 1 on july 11 and having difficulty remembering anatomy that was the first subject i completed and after reading the other subjects i feel i forgot anatomy completely .please help

Hi , All
How is it going?? My prep has slowed down a lot...!!any retakers took their CBT exams , kindly post questions...help others out...
All the best
V

drsj said:
Hey Guys,
I am giving part 1 CBT in 2nd week of june.Can anyone give me some reference regarding the Michealis Constant theory? Tht one seems to go way over my head. I am not getting tht at all.
thnx in advance.Wud appreciate ur help.
drsj

Hi there just go to look at lippin cot its will tell you step by step about E substrate then factors affecting km . please do not forget to study lineweaveaver- burk plot & remember what represents x-axis & what is represented on y-axis .

Hi guys..
How is it going you all???....Lippincott is a good book to refer for biochem ..and ofcourse the brs book ...
All the best
V

Gaura Nitai said:
Hi ,Casper

Look at my situation..we all are in different stages of life.. :rolleyes:
....I have an admission at NYU this year.., but planning on defering my seat so that I can get into a 2 year (BETTER) program next year, planning on retaking part1 ..improve my application ..!!..don't know if this is the wise thing to do ..but ..just planning on it ..need a great study partner to do this with..this time around ....the next application cycle is not that far..!!

Any advices ..anyone?? :confused:
Please feel to post...
GN
i too am planning to give the boards pt I on cbt in oct this yr
have just started my prep .....

Hi,
Who can beat this, 5th try Aug 25 th !! :mad:
I must be mentally ill.
good luck to all re-takers

ar78cx said:
Hi,
Who can beat this, 5th try Aug 25 th !! :mad:
I must be mentally ill.
good luck to all re-takers

Hi ar78cx

You are definitely not mentally ill. On the other hand you are pragmatic dreamer who is focused to his goal. Kudos to your effort. Please don't stop until you attain your dream. Good luck,

rahmed

any body with part 1 score between 86to 89 gonna retake in couple of months ??same as me!!! :(

do we really give a trail for admission this time /waste of doing