Anyone take Step/level 2 without a dedicated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Took mine middle of 3rd recently during a telemedicine rotation. Would do it again. Mostly because all of step 1 was fresh in my memory. Take a newer NBME to see where you're at. Old ones are not predictive. Make sure to finish UW at least once and know it thoroughly.
 
I had 1.5 weeks but that was more bc I didn’t want to take it during a surgery rotation, which was my last rotation of third year. I feel like with a lighter rotation, you’d be okay to take it right away as long as you’re scoring well on your practice tests.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took mine middle of 3rd recently during a telemedicine rotation. Would do it again. Mostly because all of step 1 was fresh in my memory. Take a newer NBME to see where you're at. Old ones are not predictive. Make sure to finish UW at least once and know it thoroughly.
Ok cool, did your NBME / UW scores reflect your real deal score?
 
I had 1.5 weeks but that was more bc I didn’t want to take it during a surgery rotation, which was my last rotation of third year. I feel like with a lighter rotation, you’d be okay to take it right away as long as you’re scoring well on your practice tests.
Ok awesome, thanks a bunch. You end up scoring roughly around your NBME/UW tests?
 
Ok awesome, thanks a bunch. You end up scoring roughly around your NBME/UW tests?
Yeah they were spot on. Basically my UWSA1+2 average. Was supposed to take the real deal over summer but my practice scores were where I wanted them to be, so I just took the damn thing instead of doing another Qbank or risk memory decay