Anyone take the DAT recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leetara

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken the DAT this month or the last month and can comment on the exam and their overall experience?

1). How difficult was it?
2). How were the new QR comparison questions?
3). Was the exam similar to DATbootcamp or destroyer?
4). Was it difficult to give the exam while wearing a mask?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I took the DAT yesterday (6/15). Probably the biggest difference is that I was NOT given graph paper for the PAT - when I asked, the Prometric employees informed me that in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, they are not administering the plastic graph sheets that are traditionally given. I can't say if this is the same for every testing center, but I would definitely be mentally prepared for that. I studied the entire time relying on graph paper, and panicked a little when I was given blank paper.. it made hole punching much harder.

In my opinion, DATBC and Destroyer are both super valuable resources, but the real exam is definitely much more similar to DATBC. ESPECIALLY for the reading, general chemistry, and PAT sections.

Regarding the mask, most centers should allow you to bring in your own mask, so I would recommend taking your last practice test or studying for a few hours with the same type of mask that you will be wearing during the real exam. In my opinion, it made no difference at all, except for my glasses fogging up once or twice. Believe me, even if it feels a little strange now, the adrenaline will kick in during your exam, and you probably won't notice it at all.

I can't really say how difficult it was because I've only taken it once, and I don't have anything really to compare it to. However, I would say difficulty level is generally similar to DATBC, except for the PAT. In my opinion, the PAT was a little bit harder.

Best of luck! You're going to rock it! :)

Has anyone taken the DAT this month or the last month and can comment on the exam and their overall experience?

I took it recently (about two weeks ago) so it's still relatively fresh.

1. It was easier than DATbootcamp and DATdestroyer, much closer to DATBooster imo.
2. I didn't get as many on my exam and the ones that showed up were doable. You need enough practice to be comfortable with them.
3. Answered this in #1 already
4. It was. I had to remove my mask to breathe in once in a while but once adrenaline kicked in near the end of the first section I completely forgot about it. By the end of the exam it didn't bother me

Members don't see this ad :)
I took it recently (about two weeks ago) so it's still relatively fresh.

1. It was easier than DATbootcamp and DATdestroyer, much closer to DATBooster imo.
2. I didn't get as many on my exam and the ones that showed up were doable. You need enough practice to be comfortable with them.
3. Answered this in #1 already
4. It was. I had to remove my mask to breathe in once in a while but once adrenaline kicked in near the end of the first section I completely forgot about it. By the end of the exam it didn't bother me
Did you use math destroyer at all?

I always like to stress there are many versions of the DAT and they are not all the same. One students experience may be different than yours. It is always best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. There just aren't any shortcuts to assure a high DAT score. I would much rather be over prepared than under.

Wishing you the best..Nancy...#think30

I have Destroyer/Bootcamp/Booster and am trying to do as much practice before my exam in 5 weeks.

Did you feel that Booster was a little hard for QR or was otherwise projecting lower DAT results? The problems themselves are easy enough but so many of them require 1-2 minutes of working them out by hand that I'm consistently scoring 16/17's because I couldn't get to the last 5 or so problems. I didn't have this problem on Bootcamp for example where I averaged a 20 for QR. Similarly had a situation with the Chem section - after consistently scoring an average of a 21, I can't break an 18. I'm just wondering if this is a flaw in grading that you also experienced, or is just something I alone am experiencing and should be nervous about?