Anyone taken Berkeley Review???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cozmokrmr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken Berkeley Review and how well did it it prepare you for taking the MCAT? I've heard they meet more often and is more intensive than others (i.e. kaplan, princeton) Any thoughts about them would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

I have both TPR books and BR books. The BR are much much harder than the TPR books. The TPR books are actually pretty easy, so I don't know which is better.

A few of my friends took both TPR and BR, and they said that the mcat is about at the level that TPR teaches (might need to study a little bit more in some areas) and that BR goes into much more detail that is really needed for the mcat, but it is good in that it over prepares you.

I took Berkeley several years ago. It was pretty good for the science portion of the exam. It was too detailed in my opinion. Very detailed to a point where it scares you into thinking that you have to know all of the formula and BR material for the MCAT. All in all, it's good because you gain confidence from doing such hard passages. Good luck on the verbal though. The BR verbal materials suck (but our verbal guy was cool! He gave us copies of TPR and Kaplan verbal passages but you have to ask and keep it on the low due to copyright infrindgement ;) ). The staff is great really nice and available anytime. Plus when I took the MCAT, one of the staff was there to bring us lunch on test day and was passing out candy and water on breaks...how nice is that? :thumbup: My scores on the practice BR exam fluctuated 6-13. On the real MCAT I go PS 9, VS (read post), BS 10. I had to retake cuz I dunno how to read well DOH!! Verbal is eeeeeviiilllll. :( Hope this helped :luck: .