Anyone taking a year off? and if so what you planning on doing for that year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shiftypoptart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone is planning on doing if you are taking a year off. I need some ideas on how to keep busy/make money with a job that doesn't require more than a year of commitment. I was thinking of doing AP biology and chemistry tutoring at my old high school for 12$/hr and maybe o-chem to keep it fresh in my head since it IS fresh in my head due to the DAT in case i ever need it again. So whats everyone else gunna do that's taking a year off?

Members don't see this ad.

im taking a year off because i didnt have my **** together to apply last year.

whenever i tell ppl that i NEED to find something productive to do during my year off, they always just tell me to just bum around and enjoy it. maybe i will.

Im not gunna lie but the year off for me is for the same reason. As soon as I decided not to apply last year it took such a huge load off I was able to get a 3.9GPA with 22 quarter units last spring quarter. Its been a pretty upward trend since then which I think will help me a bit i hope and make up for not applying last year. As for the the year off A lot of people told me to bum it out as well which I might do to rest before taking on the monster that is dental school. Wouldn't hurt to find a part time chill job though =P.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use that year to party your ass off before you start DS (unless you have done enough of that during undergrad).:laugh:

Get a job in another state (or country!). Be a tour guide or work in food service, they are both very helpful in developing interpersonal skills.