freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
449
0
44
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
I can't wait to get this thing over with. Let's hope there's not a surprise blizzard like there was when I headed to take the PCAT.

Good luck to any and all. Certification here we come!!!

Chris
 

Arike86

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2005
17
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
freshbeatschris said:
I can't wait to get this thing over with. Let's hope there's not a surprise blizzard like there was when I headed to take the PCAT.

Good luck to any and all. Certification here we come!!!

Chris

I am....what resources if any did u use to study?
 

Moxxie

Rained out
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
707
2
Temperate Rainforest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Me too! I just wish that it didn't take so long to get licensed in Texas.

Good luck all!
 
About the Ads

oink2655

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
135
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
i am taking the exam too. how long do we get to complete the test?
 

dpari

In God I Trust
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2004
37
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
:thumbup: Yep!!

Ready to get it over with also... :D
 

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
449
0
44
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
Arike86 said:
I am....what resources if any did u use to study?
I've been taking classes that are sponsored through Walgreens. The books they use are from Perspective Press and is just called "The Pharmacy Technician." There is a math book, text book, review book, and flash cards with sig codes, conversions, and brand/generics.
 

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
449
0
44
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
oink2655 said:
i am taking the exam too. how long do we get to complete the test?
140 questions total, 125 of which are scored and we get three hours to take the test.
 

dpari

In God I Trust
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2004
37
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Just curious how long you have been with Walgreens and in what capacity?

Were gonna ROCK this test.... :)


freshbeatschris said:
I've been taking classes that are sponsored through Walgreens. The books they use are from Perspective Press and is just called "The Pharmacy Technician." There is a math book, text book, review book, and flash cards with sig codes, conversions, and brand/generics.
 

tivon

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
57
0
Status
I have been trying to memorize 200 generic and brand names. How many questions about generic/brand names will be aked on PTCB exam?
 

crossjb

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
417
2
Status
tivon said:
I have been trying to memorize 200 generic and brand names. How many questions about generic/brand names will be aked on PTCB exam?
Every version is different, but I only remember roughly a dozen generic/brand questions on the September exam I took. The best thing to do is really know your conversions inside out. If you do well on math, you will do well.

Know what a laminar flow hood is used for! :)
 

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2004
449
0
44
Illinois
Status
Pharmacy Student
dpari said:
Just curious how long you have been with Walgreens and in what capacity?

Were gonna ROCK this test.... :)
I've been with walgreens since the first of september of this year - just aboutg 10 weeks. I am a pharmacy technician.

I agree about rocking the test. I can't wait to have this notch in my belt. Compared to calculus and organic chemistry, this material is CAKE.

Good luck!
 
About the Ads