Anyone there good at light/optics and getting 12+ on BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzzcor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My PS score stuck at 13 for 4 tests and apparently I get the most wrongs from waves and optics according to how aamc shows what section you got wrong, it's mostly from them for 4 tests. Does anyone have a really good review or lecture on light/optics/waves/sound that will be just enough for mcat??

for BS I'm stuck at 12 as well and can't get any more other than I got 14 on AAMC3 but 12 since then. I did it from 3-6 and I am thinking about buying TBR FL's because I don't feel ready at all. I just can't get over 12 and don't know why..I have been reviewing stuffs as well. Does anyone have idea? I don't know how to study now because I just can't pinpoint my weakness

VR is just freaking annoying and just gotta practice more... averaging around 9..

Members don't see this ad.

The BS requires the same skills as the VR section. The amount of content you need to know is not too great.

The PS is a lot less passage-based and background knowledge helps you much more.

I'm surprised you're stuck at 13 for PS...all the AAMC PS ones have a 13 at like 50/52...

wouldn't be too worried about that...

Light/optics/sound/etc is fairly easy to learn and you could do it in a day IMO. Just make some flash cards and look stuff up online.

To be honest though I wouldn't really worry.

Bio is like VR but it helps a ton if you have a fair amount of background knowledge. Just keep practicing and studying.

But yes, I'm fairly decent at light/optics (haven't gotten any wrong on the AAMC tests) and I've gotten 15s on AAMC9, 10 for bio. But, look at it this way. The difference between a 12 and a 15 is 3 questions. On the real thing you could get a passage discussing a topic you know really well and that 12 easily becomes a 14 or 15. At this point you're not really "missing" too much information. Just work on verbal and keep studying.