1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Anyone there good at light/optics and getting 12+ on BS

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by zzzcor, Jul 30, 2011.

1. zzzcor

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    My PS score stuck at 13 for 4 tests and apparently I get the most wrongs from waves and optics according to how aamc shows what section you got wrong, it's mostly from them for 4 tests. Does anyone have a really good review or lecture on light/optics/waves/sound that will be just enough for mcat??

for BS I'm stuck at 12 as well and can't get any more other than I got 14 on AAMC3 but 12 since then. I did it from 3-6 and I am thinking about buying TBR FL's because I don't feel ready at all. I just can't get over 12 and don't know why..I have been reviewing stuffs as well. Does anyone have idea? I don't know how to study now because I just can't pinpoint my weakness

VR is just freaking annoying and just gotta practice more... averaging around 9..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. muhali3

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The BS requires the same skills as the VR section. The amount of content you need to know is not too great.

The PS is a lot less passage-based and background knowledge helps you much more.

5. mitchlucker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I'm surprised you're stuck at 13 for PS...all the AAMC PS ones have a 13 at like 50/52...

wouldn't be too worried about that...

Light/optics/sound/etc is fairly easy to learn and you could do it in a day IMO. Just make some flash cards and look stuff up online.

To be honest though I wouldn't really worry.

Bio is like VR but it helps a ton if you have a fair amount of background knowledge. Just keep practicing and studying.

But yes, I'm fairly decent at light/optics (haven't gotten any wrong on the AAMC tests) and I've gotten 15s on AAMC9, 10 for bio. But, look at it this way. The difference between a 12 and a 15 is 3 questions. On the real thing you could get a passage discussing a topic you know really well and that 12 easily becomes a 14 or 15. At this point you're not really "missing" too much information. Just work on verbal and keep studying.