1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Anyone there good at light/optics and getting 12+ on BS

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by zzzcor, Jul 30, 2011.

1. zzzcor

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    My PS score stuck at 13 for 4 tests and apparently I get the most wrongs from waves and optics according to how aamc shows what section you got wrong, it's mostly from them for 4 tests. Does anyone have a really good review or lecture on light/optics/waves/sound that will be just enough for mcat??

for BS I'm stuck at 12 as well and can't get any more other than I got 14 on AAMC3 but 12 since then. I did it from 3-6 and I am thinking about buying TBR FL's because I don't feel ready at all. I just can't get over 12 and don't know why..I have been reviewing stuffs as well. Does anyone have idea? I don't know how to study now because I just can't pinpoint my weakness

VR is just freaking annoying and just gotta practice more... averaging around 9..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. muhali3

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The BS requires the same skills as the VR section. The amount of content you need to know is not too great.

The PS is a lot less passage-based and background knowledge helps you much more.

5. mitchlucker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I'm surprised you're stuck at 13 for PS...all the AAMC PS ones have a 13 at like 50/52...

wouldn't be too worried about that...

Light/optics/sound/etc is fairly easy to learn and you could do it in a day IMO. Just make some flash cards and look stuff up online.

To be honest though I wouldn't really worry.

Bio is like VR but it helps a ton if you have a fair amount of background knowledge. Just keep practicing and studying.

But yes, I'm fairly decent at light/optics (haven't gotten any wrong on the AAMC tests) and I've gotten 15s on AAMC9, 10 for bio. But, look at it this way. The difference between a 12 and a 15 is 3 questions. On the real thing you could get a passage discussing a topic you know really well and that 12 easily becomes a 14 or 15. At this point you're not really "missing" too much information. Just work on verbal and keep studying.