Anyone using SKETCHY med(path, pharm micro) (full subscription)? Do you like it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooldown

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here is using Sketchy Med full subscription to all 3 (path, micro, pharm) and how do u like it?

Members don't see this ad.

Love it! Sketchy Path carried me hard. My recall for details is lacking, so it basically helped keep everything organized in my mind. Problem I found with Path is that it's LENGTHY and so it gives this impression that you're not getting the bang for your buck like you are with pharm and micro. But IMO there's really not that much difference. The amount of material in path is so much more than in micro or pharm, so durr it will be longer.

Something I wish I had done starting halfway through first year (once I got into MSK and Neuro) is actually get through all the videos in each of those sections while in the blocks regardless of how relevent they were to my school's curriculum. Unfortunately I did find that my school exams just didn't benefit as much from Sketchy Path because my professors insisted on testing irrelevant material or some minutia that even UWorld didn't touch, but if you watch them all slowly over the course of the blocks, you won't be pressed for time during dedicated. At that point you can just use the hotspot features to zoom through the 30 minute sketch in a few minutes just reminding yourself the details that you forgot.

Reactions: 1 user
Buddy of mine KILLED his step (260+) using only sketchy and B&B for biochem. He did the Conaaaan deck or whatever and pepper for micro/pharm. wish i would have gone that route cause I’m too slow for Zanki, couldn’t finish it in time for dedicated and it sunk me hard. Sketchy is much more manageable. Do Pathoma first, skim FA, then watch the videos once and unsuspend the deck as you go. Snap in your marked up Pathoma pdf and more clear images into each junk review cards as you do new ones. It’s like ~7-8k cards total vs Zanki ~25k.

Don’t rely on the path images to really teach you, there are just a few hooks here and there with the deck being your actual high yield review. Micro/pharm is obviously much more digestible with the images (pharm is a bit excessive too, but nothing like path). Key is to learn the info in the decks though, what sketchy presents is super high yield and it’ll come together as you apply the content with Anki and a Qbank.

Again my big failure was not finishing the material, I’d get super hung up on details and you really gotta go big picture with this stuff. I think Sketchy Med is a very good way to quickly hit the bulk of what you gotta know.

Sketchy micro and pharm are gold.
Sketchy path is far inferior to Pathoma. Plus no anki decks for long term recall of sketchy path.

Members don't see this ad :)
Buddy of mine KILLED his step (260+) using only sketchy and B&B for biochem. He did the Conaaaan deck or whatever and pepper for micro/pharm. wish i would have gone that route cause I’m too slow for Zanki, couldn’t finish it in time for dedicated and it sunk me hard. Sketchy is much more manageable. Do Pathoma first, skim FA, then watch the videos once and unsuspend the deck as you go. Snap in your marked up Pathoma pdf and more clear images into each junk review cards as you do new ones. It’s like ~7-8k cards total vs Zanki ~25k.

Don’t rely on the path images to really teach you, there are just a few hooks here and there with the deck being your actual high yield review. Micro/pharm is obviously much more digestible with the images (pharm is a bit excessive too, but nothing like path). Key is to learn the info in the decks though, what sketchy presents is super high yield and it’ll come together as you apply the content with Anki and a Qbank.

Again my big failure was not finishing the material, I’d get super hung up on details and you really gotta go big picture with this stuff. I think Sketchy Med is a very good way to quickly hit the bulk of what you gotta know.
What's the Conaaaan deck?

It’s amazing in dedicated when your reviewing a block of uworld and realize most of what you got right is from memorizing cartoons and your 6 figure tuition contributed nothing. Lol

Reactions: 8 users
The sections I used Sketchy Path for were my best subjects on my Step 1 and COMLEX. Wish I had done them earlier so I could have finished them. Obviously they aren't a replacement for Pathoma, but they are also much more detailed than Pathoma. My suggestion is do a whole Sketchy Path chapter, then watch the Pathoma afterwards to cement it/tie it all together. It takes a lot more time than Sketchy Pharm/Micro, but those stupid sketches are invaluable on test day, when your mind will literally blank out on the simplest things.

Reactions: 1 users
i definately agree. It worked with my learning style as well as i tend to be far more interested in pictures.

@Kalam - i'm done with MS-2 , now prepping for step. Doing uworld incorrects+FA reading + BnB on weak areas and then anki to cement. i refer to path sketches on topics but haven't listened or watched all the vidoes. you recommend to be sure to watch the vidoes as theyaren't that long esp with 2x speed?

glad to hear how they helped you on your exam- thanks!

So currently M2 trying to plan attack for path this year. Im hearing mixed reviews that the Salt deck is better and that the added time for the "list" memorization is worth it. Others say the lists take way too long and are too fact based. I personally like the lists once I have them down especially that there are half the cards, however, they can be truly disheartening when you have to list 5-8 facts over and over. Currently Im watching pathoma to learn the stuff and then watching sketchy and doing cards to memorize the info. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Duke deck to mem pathoma text was fire, but heavy deck to get thru since not in cloze deletion style.
I liked it but it was def time consuming.

I just couldn't justify Sketchy Path over Pathoma - and I love sketchy for micro and pharm.
If I'm memorizing something path related thru anki, it's gonna be Dr. Sattar's brilliance.

So currently M2 trying to plan attack for path this year. Im hearing mixed reviews that the Salt deck is better and that the added time for the "list" memorization is worth it. Others say the lists take way too long and are too fact based. I personally like the lists once I have them down especially that there are half the cards, however, they can be truly disheartening when you have to list 5-8 facts over and over. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Yes stick with the SALT deck! This is coming from someone who is not really a fan of anki. Sketchy path plus that deck is a big reason why I was able to score very well on step. I actually despise deletion style cards and liked the salt deck due to the open-ended nature. As far as time commitment it probably ends up being around the same because open ended questions can take longer to answer.