Anyone who interviewed at Drew in March or April - Any News?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:( Sorry to hear about your rejection letter Dr. Don. I hope that your other waitlists at UCI and/or UCLA work out for you!!!! By the way, when did you interview at Drew?

Members don't see this ad.

i too have been booted by drew.

Sorry about the bad news from Drew pocwana. :(
However, congrats on your acceptance from Keck. :clap: :clap: :clap: You're still the bomb. Thanks for all of your helpful posts here on SDN. Good luck in medical school this fall!!! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey uclamendoza I interviewed in late marchso it has been about 9 weeks post-interview. I just don't get it...my application has improved since last year and last year at least I got waitlisted, this year not even that. I'm really dissapointed at Drew.

Hey Dr. Don,

So sorry to hear about the rejection. Like you said, it's really their loss, not yours. I am scared to get my mail now after seeing people getting some unfortunate news from Drew. I guess I'll stay positve and hope for the best. Can you email Dr. Miller and ask him what happened to your application, and if there is anything you can do to further improve your file, in the case that you have to reapply? ( I sincefrely hope you get in off one of your waitlist positions!!!) If you need anything or just need someone to vent to, just let me know. Take care and good luck with the other schools you are waiting to hear back from.

Originally posted by Dr. Don
hey uclamendoza I interviewed in late marchso it has been about 9 weeks post-interview. I just don't get it...my application has improved since last year and last year at least I got waitlisted, this year not even that. I'm really dissapointed at Drew.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

same for me...no love from drew. did any one of us sdn faithfuls get GOOD news from them?!?!? i'm shocked that we all got rejected.

good luck to all. as for me, I am on the UCLA waitlist and the ugly-end of UCSF's waitlist. still I am not feeling hopeful and it seems more and more likely I will be trekking out-of-state to places where it is way too cold to exist.

thx for the condolences and congrats, mendoza. i am fortunate to have my usc accept. i wish all of you good luck on the waitlists :)

Gosh- I am so sorry to hear that you guys got rejected! Best of luck at other schools- uclamendoza is right, the bottom line is not where you go but that you will be a doctor someday. Keep your heads up!
I am still waiting and now with all this bad news am having some anxiety....:(

I'm part of the carnage too! Finally, after 16 weeks! I'm actually more relieved than depressed about it. It's great to be able to make some summer plans and to polish my amcas app, though I do wish they had let me know sooner.

This year, the timing for Drew decisions are crazily random. I would hesitate in the future to make any guesses @ their post-interview timeline.

Guys, it was great to have your company during the wait! Dr. Don, I'll be hoping that the other UC's you're waiting on will come through! :love:

Nefertari, i hope things work out for you!

seems like med schools were too oblivious to acknowledge our undeniable brilliance. their loss.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that all the nice posts have been soooooo cool and something is wrong with Drew because they knocked down all of us SDN regulars. I wonder if they have stopeed waitlisting?

Anyway, this group has been such great company during the wait and during the rejection period!!!

Good luck to the rest of you who are waiting!!!

Oh no! I don't have internet for one week and so much has happened. I'm so sorry to hear that you guys got bad news. Seriously, it is Drew's loss but not the medical profession because you guys will make great doctors. Hope things work out for everyone. I'm still waiting.

Good luck everyone!!!

Originally posted by Nefertari
I'm part of the carnage too! Finally, after 16 weeks! I'm actually more relieved than depressed about it. It's great to be able to make some summer plans and to polish my amcas app, though I do wish they had let me know sooner.

This year, the timing for Drew decisions are crazily random. I would hesitate in the future to make any guesses @ their post-interview timeline.

Guys, it was great to have your company during the wait! Dr. Don, I'll be hoping that the other UC's you're waiting on will come through! :love:

Hey Nef, damn I'm so sorry about that. I honestly do not know what Drew is looking for in their students (no offense to ucsbpremed1 and the other peeps who got in) but really NOT EVEN A WAITLIST IS QUITE SURPRISING! Thank you for the good thoughts Nefertari. I also wish you the best of luck at your other schools that you are still waiting to hear from. I was at UCI the other day for commencement and was fortunate to run into some students I met while I was interviewing there and some administrators. They asked me when will I be coming to UCI, and I was like, well as soon as they accept me, I can commit. They were quite surprised because according to my interviewer I had a strong application and some administrators even said that my name has come up in the admissions office conversations quite a few times, so hopefully that's a good sign. As of right now UCI and UCLA are my top two choices with UC Davis a very close second, only because of the distance issue. But I know that if I'm fortunate enough to get in to any of those schools I will be happy and can begin contributing to their MD program. Good luck everyone. I'll still be checking this thread to see how you guys are doing, late.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted: ucsbpremed, deuce007md ...congrats!

rejected (i feel so bad for you guys, you are the core people of this thread!): fizz, dr don, nefertari, pocwana, mkmk

still waiting (interview date):
litgirl
garnetgirl
chibihamsta (4/12)
nefertari's guy friend (2/8)
shadeeaz

I assume by the time they get to my batch of interviewees, the class will only have one spot and I probably wont get it. =(

hey guys, I don't know but I'm feeling so frustrated about this Drew rejection that I think I might appeal the decision at Drew. Do you think they take appeals or if it even matters now. I honestly just can't understand how after improving my application I get rejected from Drew. I think I'll give them a call.

Go ahead, Dr. Don- give them a call. It can't hurt- right? I am sorry you are feeling so frustated:( I really believe that everything will work out for all of us!! or at least I hope so;)

i don't usually post, but just wanted to add i was interviewed on 4/23, and found out over the weekend i didn't get in, either.

Disappointed, but the wait is over so i can make plans on what back up plan to go with next...

i have an MPH degree, but when we introduced ourselves to everyone else on my interview day, there were other people there who were finishing up master's degrees in public health, too. so i suppose it wasn't very unique to me. ( i also have lots of ECs in underserved communities.)

i'm sure with the economy, there has been an increase in applications, and even more qualified people applying.

Sorry to hear about the rest of you who also got rejects, too. Hope you were or will be admitted elsewhere. Good luck!

Best of luck to all you SDNers who are still waiting -- hopefully it means your applications are on their way to UCLA to get approved for your acceptance!!

Dr. Don - it wouldn't hurt to call them and set up some kind of meeting. Last year, I called schools to ask why i wasn't accepted and though some schools won't go over your application, others did. usually i got to talk to the dean of admissions and i asked what was lacking in my application that i could improve upon.

If I've already been rejected (on hold) at UCLA, do I have less of a chance of getting into the Drew program?? Thanks.

Go Dr Don. you tell um. they are makin some crazy mistakes by rejecting the cream of the crop here at sdn. much support and luck.

mdcurious- I hope not! I have already been rejected by UC, but haven't heard from Drew yet...I think they have different acceptance standards for sure.:p

Originally posted by mdcurious
If I've already been rejected (on hold) at UCLA, do I have less of a chance of getting into the Drew program?? Thanks.

No. The decision processes are separate. I have a few classmates who got into both Drew and UCLA, and other classmates who got into UCLA and not Drew, and vice versa.

To those who were not accepted, you have options. Attend another school if you received another acceptance, reapply, or seek other avenues to work in underserved communites. There were several impressive applications to review this year (as I had the priviledge of interviewing some of the applicants in the Spring). The decisions that are made are never easy; and Dr Miller carefully reviews each application before a letter is sent.

If you choose to appeal the decision, your file will be reviewed by Dr Miller again.

Jedi in Training,

Thanks for your information. I have a friend who was rejected recently. Should he appeal and would that hurt his chances should he reapply? Also, have you heard of or know of anyone who appealed a rejectetion from drew and got in or waitlisted? Please let me know. Thanks.

uclamendoza:clap:

jedi in training, do you know how many applicants are waitlisted each year? I am on the waitlist right now and i was wondering if they might tell me if i am in the first second or third tier of the waitlist??? also do you know how many students get off od the wl? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

dr. don, your mailbox if full!!!!

biggity bump

Has anyone who interviewed April 12th or later heard anything back from Drew??? I'm just wondering when they'll get to my file. Thanks.

Originally posted by calipaww
jedi in training, do you know how many applicants are waitlisted each year? I am on the waitlist right now and i was wondering if they might tell me if i am in the first second or third tier of the waitlist??? also do you know how many students get off od the wl? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

An earlier post asked if appealing a decision does any good. Usually not. Unless the applicant has some new information to provide about their application - such as April MCAT scores. Appealing a decision will not hurt your chances when applying the following year.

Regarding the dynamics of the waitlist, unfortunately I have no specifics for the incoming class. Last year, the waitlist was active until July, as three students joined our class during the week of PRIME. If you contact the school, its best to communicate with Wanda Hall; however, I do not believe she is at liberty to discuss which tier an applicant is in with respect to the waitlist. As for last year, I would guess that about a third of the class got in off the waitlist (but don't quote me on that as some crazed individuals on SDN like point out what they perceive as misinformation).

Thanks for the information Jedi In Training. It was very helpful and good luck at Drew! :clap:

Hey everyone!! Just to keep you guys updated on Drew, I just got an acceptance letter today. I interviewed April 12th (since I know some of you are wondering). The waiting game is finally over . . .

COngrats mdcurious!!! I, however, did not fare so well. I got my rejection letter today- very sobering yet now I know where I will be going- ALbany here I come. Thanks to all of you for your support and info, and good luck to those of you still waiting. Though it is sad, I can now start to plan my next 4 years.. Good luck everybody:clap:

OMG good and bad news.. congrats and my sympathy to both of ya. *biting nails* this is scary. THE END IS NEAR! I can't believe this process has even dragged on this long. oh, the AGONY!!

congrats MD curious, will you be attending Drew? Best of luck to you in whatever you decide and hopefully I'll see you next year.

I am definitely going to be at Drew next year!!! I was getting ready to pack my bags to go to the midwest, but now I get to relax on the sunny beaches of Southern Cali. I hope all of you hear from Drew soon,and we will all get to be future classmates!!!

Congrats mdcurious!!!!

Sorry to hear that garnetgirl. All of your comments have been of super value to this forum! Thanks : )

the wait is killing me... this is all i can think about:( pls give me some closure

ps
good luck to all:D

I'm bumping it up, but just for fun, since I got rejected! Hee. Hee. Have a nice day!:D

We're all good girls and boys that have been patiently waiting for some news.. please let us find out by the end of the week!

still waiting (interview date):
litgirl
chibihamsta (4/12)
nefertari's guy friend (2/8)
shadeeaz
moviefreak

FOUR MORE DAYS TILL I'M DONE WITH UNDERGRAD!!! WHOOO HOOOO. Any other seniors graduating??

I'm graduating this Saturday! Just took my second to last final!

Yeah baby!

hey team!

i too got the boot from drew but i always knew that it was a long shot so i have a semi-healthy perspective on it. anyhow, even though fizz, garnetgirl, and a few others and i have been rejected, we will still be doctors. that is very exciting. nef, i have this strong feeling from reading your posts that you will get in, if not this year than the next year. a lot of people i know who are or will be doctors are reapplicants.

congrats to all the seniors who are graduating. ahh, to be so young again.

i'm wishing you all the best of luck in the future!

keeping my fingers crossed for you uclamendoza.

Litgirl- that is too bad, I was really hoping you would get in, but like you said I am glad that alot of us who got rejected are going somewhere at least. :clap:

Good luck to those of you still waiting- uclamendoza, I too am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
I guess mdcurious will have to live the dream for us- congrats to all of you who got in!
:clap: :clap:

I can't let go of this thread....:eek:
Now I am just a lurker......Talk to you all later!:D

any waitlisters hear anything??

One more day and then I'm done with undergrad!! Congrats to all that are graduating this year!!!!!!

MDcurious, I like your signature.:D Too the rest keep hope alive, maybe we'll meet this summer.

I'm waitlisted! THis is how i feel: :confused:

congrats chibi im in the same boat as you:))) have you heard anything else on how this waitlist is going to move? is the class filled yet??? why is this so slow? i hear the 1st orientation for drew is in july???? is that true ?

Yea, Prime begins July 13th, but actual classes don't start until August 11th. Hopefully you guys will get off the waitlist soon.

any new acceptances? I am still waiting until the day I sign my lease on an apt in Philly.

hey chibi i just heard that there are 3 spots left which i dont know what that means at all? but anyways Good luck , only 1 and 1/2 wks left till they start?