anyone who knows about CRSPPP and ABPP can comment on this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrGero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.apa.org/ed/graduate/specialize/recognized.aspx

So, geropsychology just got awarded "specialty" status with the CRSPPP. Does anyone have any idea how long it might take for geropsych. to become something one can receive board-certification for?

I am at about the point in my VA career where the step increases are slowing down, I've acquired some experience, and so ABPP seems logical at some point in the near future.

My experience has been overwhelmingly gero-focused. Any advice? I could probably get ABPP in clinical or rehab psychology if I tried, but it would be a shame to spend the time and $$$ getting boarded in one of those specialties and then see geropsych. become available shortly afterwards.

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Do they have a time frame on when gero will be available? How immediate would the benefits of boarding be? If the answer is not for a while and fairly immediate, I'd say go for rehab.

I haven't even finished my grad program yet so don't let my opinion sway you too much.

Don't mean to hijak the thread but, how much does boarding cost roughly?