Anyone with NO interview invites yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpieLIFE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I thought you had a 33 MCAT? http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/question-about-gpa.1099650/

Depends on what MD schools you applied to, but a 3.5 SMP is not good. A 31 MCAT is right at the average for matriculants to MD schools, so the MCAT really isn't doing you any favors in making up for the GPA.

How are the DO interviews going? Maybe there's no need to panic. But I think general rule of thumb is that if you don't hear anything from schools by winter break, start seriously preparing for a re-app.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your ugpa and post bac gpa aren't the most confidence inspiring for md schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Is a 3.5 SMP GPA really that bad? I know that is a dumb question. But is it only the people with a +3.8 SMP GPA that make it into a US MD school after the SMP?
Actually, yes. People are expected to blow their SMP GPAs out of the water to show that mediocre performance in undergrad was a fluke (although it's uninspiring for an applicant to be unable to get their act together over 4 years...)

Your performance just isn't good enough when stacked against many people who got those 3.8s +.

Okay thanks for the reply everyone.
But back to the rest of the applicants this year - anyone without any interview invites yet?
I have yet to see anyone on here with no interviews. Everyone I have seen with an SMP thus far has gotten an interview at least somewhere, but they all had higher SMP GPA's.

I don't have any IIs yet.
I didn't do an SMP, I did a DIY post-bacc.
The cycle's not over yet though.

Reactions: 4 users
There's another thread with people who haven't gotten interviews yet. You're not alone.
Oh, I know, I was just trying to make the same point to the OP and Boolean.
There are a lot of people who haven't gotten IIs yet, they're just not the most vocal ones at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users