Anyones heard from USC recently ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no more interview invites?... looks like i'm going to start studying for the DATs again with khompressor:shrug:

study hard for the DATs. You will do great. For those who have not been accepted.. keep your head up strong. Keep praying and express your interests to the adcom. Email them your updates on what you have been doing/involved with during these months of waiting... you all still have a GREAT chance of getting in cause interviews have concluded.

Best of luck. Message me if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Any new news from USC ?
Do we know if they have sent out their acceptance letter for April yet ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any new news from USC ?
Do we know if they have sent out their acceptance letter for April yet ?

Should be getting emails in the next two weeks. Now I'm going to be more OCD with the email checking. :luck::xf:

Saw them mailing out admissions packets (most likely acceptances) so hopefully all those waiting will hear soon.

Don't really check my aadsas portal anymore, but I just checked earlier and my status under decision is now "recieved/application complete". The status update was made yesterday. I probably didn't get in considering that they just updated it and that's what it said. Don't know if this was updated for everyone, but if it was then I still have a little hope. USC is my last hope too! anyways good luck all. still keeping my fingers crossed...

Saw them mailing out admissions packets (most likely acceptances) so hopefully all those waiting will hear soon.

I think those were for the people that already got accepted....they were supposed to get their information acceptance package and medical requirement stuff coming this week.

well, my usc status still says "interview". i guess i'm out. lol, everyone else seems to say alternate.

yeah i got one too. good or bad, you think?

I don't really know... now that not everyone got the update i'm confused.... what if we got the update on aadsas because we weren't getting in? what if those who didn't get the update are going to be accepted (maybe usc is waiting to update their status to "offered" once acceptances are sent out).... :confused:

well, my usc status still says "interview". i guess i'm out. lol, everyone else seems to say alternate.

i don't think it's a big deal... you said you interviewed late? what if they just never went back to update their thingy on their website. let's just keep our fingers crossed.....:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really know... now that not everyone got the update i'm confused.... what if we got the update on aadsas because we weren't getting in? what if those who didn't get the update are going to be accepted (maybe usc is waiting to update their status to "offered" once acceptances are sent out).... :confused:

i don't think it's a big deal... you said you interviewed late? what if they just never went back to update their thingy on their website. let's just keep our fingers crossed.....:xf:

I got the AADSAS update

I got the AADSAS update

So you guys that got this update didnt have ANYTHING on aadsas from USC before? or was it saying something else?

I got my USC update on AADSAS December 1st.

So you guys that got this update didnt have ANYTHING on aadsas from USC before? or was it saying something else?

Yeah, I didnt have anything there before. I hope this is irrelevant to the acceptance process. Stop worrying, good luck everyone! :D

i wouldn't worry too much about it... it's not like we got an acceptance... like i mentioned in one of my posts earlier. what if you didn't get an update because USC is waiting to change those "who didn't get an update" to the status of OFFERED after they send out acceptance emails.... don't put too much thought into this... because we don't really know what it means... =/....

got my official rejection in the mail today....tear. :cry:

i interviewed in Nov and my status changed on 12/1 to "recieved/application complete". when i called and ask y some say alternate and some say what i have she tells me or dont worry ur all waitlisted. i try to sit back and just wait for it but the more i look at these posts the more newvous i get. :scared:

yes, SHE ( :) ) didn't get an interview so the rejection was inevitable.

yes, SHE ( :) ) didn't get an interview so the rejection was inevitable.

Keep your head up! I know it's not easy, but do understand that you gave it a shot. Even if we don't get in this cycle, we will in the future right? good luck

I didn't know they gave out rejections, did you not sign up for the waitlist?

KHOMPRESSOR?

Out of curiosity why did you apply to one school, USC only?

My AADSAS was updated on 3/28 to "Received/Application Complete" and my USC update still says "Alternate". I posted this on the other USC thread, but I talked to Admissions two days ago and they confirmed that the next round of acceptances will be in the first week or two of April.

The wait is killing me!

(I interviewed February 2nd.)

Good luck!

Just sent an email this morning, and they replied that they're all done doing interviews so I'm pretty much rejected for this cycle.

So USC interviewed about 500 people this year.

its seems that they send about 100 acceptances every round except for Dec round where they sent more than 100

In Dec, 100-200 Acceptance and 25% seats taken. (35people)
In Feb, 100 Acceptance and 25% seats taken (35 people)
In March, 100 acceptance and 25% seats taken (35 people)

So for April batch its 35 seats left and 100-150 competing.

Keep in mind as we are part of the last batch more and more will accept their acceptance

Lets keep fingers crosses:xf:

Good luck

So I emailed this morn and this is what I got "There is no exact date as to when the next round of acceptances will be sent out. It can be at anytime during the summer after May. It will also depend if there are any spaces available."

So I emailed this morn and this is what I got "There is no exact date as to when the next round of acceptances will be sent out. It can be at anytime during the summer after May. It will also depend if there are any spaces available."

Someone else emailed the school and was told that another round of acceptances would be sent out in the first or second week of April. I am not sure why they are telling different stories to people. This waiting time has been killing me for the past couple of months. :(:(

Someone else emailed the school and was told that another round of acceptances would be sent out in the first or second week of April. I am not sure why they are telling different stories to people. This waiting time has been killing me for the past couple of months. :(:(

I thought they were going to send them out w/in the first two weeks also, but the first week passed already, so I decided to ask.

I thought they would reply back quick since I was the last group to interview in March and I know people that interviewed in February and heard back two weeks later.

I check my email and this site everymorning just to see if anyone has heard anything like most of you guys.

i had an interview the last day as well in march , i was in yellow group which group were u? they haven't accepted anyone yet from that date so just keep your fingers crossed, i hope we can all get in....

i had an interview the last day as well in march , i was in yellow group which group were u? they haven't accepted anyone yet from that date so just keep your fingers crossed, i hope we can all get in....

I was the Feb 24th yellow group (which merged with another group...I think red...). Anyone else in the feb 24th interview? hahaha

I dont remember for sure which group I was in; I think it was the red group. The two proctors for my group were women though and one was a hygienist or part of the hygiene program though.

I thought they were going to send them out w/in the first two weeks also, but the first week passed already, so I decided to ask.

I thought they would reply back quick since I was the last group to interview in March and I know people that interviewed in February and heard back two weeks later.

I check my email and this site everymorning just to see if anyone has heard anything like most of you guys.

Yup, when I called them a few weeks ago, I was told it would be the first or second week of April. This is so frustrating!!! I interviewed Feb. 2nd and haven't seen anyone from SDN that got accepted from that day either. :(

It seems that the ladies sitting behind the phone are just tired of all the calls from prospective students seeking info about admissions that they just give out mixed messages.

I spoke to them monday and they said that about 50% of seats are taken, while I remember someone wrote that they heard 75% are taken.

If 50% are taken then USC need to hurry cause I have been waiting anxiously for 3 months :)

Of what I heard and researched from the past years.. the last batch (25%) of the class still needs to be filled. It will be in April. When this last batch is given acceptance to prospective students.. they will then contact students individually as students drop out (or not meet deadlines such as payments). From there.. they will contact those from the "top of their waiting list" and continue to keep the class at 100% full until school starts. The last day one might find out is August 22nd. School starts on the 23rd of August.

Hope this helps.

It seems that the ladies sitting behind the phone are just tired of all the calls from prospective students seeking info about admissions that they just give out mixed messages.

I spoke to them monday and they said that about 50% of seats are taken, while I remember someone wrote that they heard 75% are taken.

If 50% are taken then USC need to hurry cause I have been waiting anxiously for 3 months :)

i also called in on Tuesday and the April acceptances are yet to happen

Talked to admissions yesterday!
The gentleman said that Admissions commitee has already sent in their list of acceptances, now it can take up to two weeks to process!!

Talked to admissions yesterday!
The gentleman said that Admissions commitee has already sent in their list of acceptances, now it can take up to two weeks to process!!

2 weeks to process? so 2 more weeks until acceptances will be sent out? :confused:

What I don't understand is that Feb 23rd interviewers got acceptances exactly 15 days after. Feb 24th and later gets it almost 2 months later. Maybe they'll send it later on today...:xf::xf::xf:

2 weeks to process? so 2 more weeks until acceptances will be sent out? :confused:

I just called them ( had enough of this he said, she said and had to hear it myself) and this is what I was told :

1) The class is almost full !!!
2) There will NOT be any major round of acceptance in April !!!
3) There will be ONLY FEW MORE ACCEPTANCE OFFER that coming sometime from NOW till the early May !!!
4) They are waiting for the deposits to come and we are basically on the stage that they will call people if the space is opened up!
5) If you are accepted somewhere else, the chances for USC is quite slim now so you better make plan for the other school !!!
6) If you are International, the chances you will get your Visa ready on time given that the acceptance can be in may is slim !!!

Basically, that whole we save 25% for this month and 25% for that month was a misinformation given to us during our interview. I feel like that whole interview process was nothing more than waste of money for me since I was given false information OR maybe the person who answered the phone today just decided to give me this strange information.

Very confused and disappointed.

2) There will NOT be any major round of acceptance in April !!! ---wow, that's terrible.

I just called them ( had enough of this he said, she said and had to hear it myself) and this is what I was told :

1) The class is almost full !!!
2) There will NOT be any major round of acceptance in April !!!
3) There will be ONLY FEW MORE ACCEPTANCE OFFER that coming sometime from NOW till the early May !!!
4) They are waiting for the deposits to come and we are basically on the stage that they will call people if the space is opened up!
5) If you are accepted somewhere else, the chances for USC is quite slim now so you better make plan for the other school !!!
6) If you are International, the chances you will get your Visa ready on time given that the acceptance can be in may is slim !!!

Basically, that whole we save 25% for this month and 25% for that month was a misinformation given to us during our interview. I feel like that whole interview process was nothing more than waste of money for me since I was given false information OR maybe the person who answered the phone today just decided to give me this strange information.

Very confused and disappointed.

good news! (sorta). I called them and the person who responded told me "that Admissions committee has already sent in their list of acceptances, now it can take up to two weeks to process!!"

the responder to my call is a reliable source because I recognized him as one of my interviewers.

good news: April admissions have been decided, and is being processed
bad news: More waiting.

Last edited:
Why is everyone getting contradicting answers?! Ahhh! :scared: