anything? anybody?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaos

Web Crawler
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody got anything from the "school formerly known as MCP Hahnemann" but now called Drexel?

Glad they changed the name, btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Nope..i've heard nothing. I guess they're way behind because they requested paper primaries from AMCAS.

i haven't heard anything either. of course, i haven't gotten ANY of the secondaries that others have gotten via snail mail (gotten all the email ones...and my amcas addresses are correct..sigh), so i don't know that you want to go by what i'm saying....:rolleyes: :(

Members don't see this ad :)
no words from them...in fact...my amcas hasn't been transmitted to that school yet :mad:

drexel is so much easier to say than "Medical College of Pennsylvania-Hahnemann" (not to mention spell!) Now when I tell (non pre-med) people where I'm applying, they know what I'm talking about!

haven't gotten anything from drexel yet though. i've gotten something from each school besides them though. silly paper AMCAS!

It's funny how a Tufts and a few of the other schools who have requested paper AMCASes have already sent out their secondaries, but we have yet to hear a peep from Drexel. I wonder what's going on there. :sleep:

Hey Calbears,

"no words from them...in fact...my amcas hasn't been transmitted to that school yet "

That's cuz AMCAS is sending them the paper apps. It wont say on your application when they get it since they arent getting it electronically. Didnt you get the email from AMCAS about that?

anmol

umm, I didn't get that AMCAS email. Could you please post it???

here ya go, tweetie :D

Dear Applicant,

Our records indicate that in your AMCAS application to the 2003
entering class you designated one or more of the following medical
schools:

*University of California, San Francisco
*Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
*Loyola University of Chicago
*University of Missouri-Columbia
*Medical University of South Carolina
*Tufts University
*MCP Hahnemann University School of Medicine

These schools have opted to receive only paper applications (shipped by
AMCAS) and application files made available electronically (via FTP),
but not to receive applications electronically via the AAMC Data
Transmission Utility (DTU).

***As a result, no "transmission date" on either your dynamic welcome
page or your printed application will be listed for these schools. Do
not be concerned; once your application completes processing, your
application will be made available to these schools.

To check the status of your application, consult your application's
dynamic Welcome page, write to AMCAS at [email protected], or call us at
(202) 828-0600.

Best wishes throughout the 2003 medical school admissions process.

Sincerely,

AMCAS

damn that explains a lot!

Thanks a million, DrBraveGirl!! :clap:

you're welcome :D but if you applied to mcp, how did you not get this email?

I just went back and looked for it. I have no idea why I never read this email from AMCAS. :( And I am so picky about reading everything in my INBOX. :confused:

I think what happened is that when I configured Outlook express on my computer, some of the emails may have been marked as "READ" by mistake. That's gotta be it.