Anywhere I can find a sample LOR?

Started by Tegan05
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tegan05

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know at least one of the vets I'm volunteering with has not worked with pre-vet students before, so I was hoping to find some kind of sample geared towards vet school to discuss with him when I ask for my letter.

I'm also curious as to what a great LOR entails, vs a good or mediocre one. I've found plenty of examples for other fields, but would love to see a few aimed towards vet schools if at all possible.

Does anyone know where to find such a thing?
 
I know at least one of the vets I'm volunteering with has not worked with pre-vet students before, so I was hoping to find some kind of sample geared towards vet school to discuss with him when I ask for my letter.

I'm also curious as to what a great LOR entails, vs a good or mediocre one. I've found plenty of examples for other fields, but would love to see a few aimed towards vet schools if at all possible.

Does anyone know where to find such a thing?

Let me dig around for a minute....

Ah, here is what someone doing a paper form would see.

http://www.aavmc.org/data/files/vmcas/commcompevalform12.pdf

The electronic version is similar but has something like checkboxes instead. The end result is a form with an arrow next to the choice they selected followed by a page showing the paragraph the evaluator has written.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I requested an ELOR from one of the doctors I work with, and a few hours later saw her facebook status change to "does anyone know how to write a letter of recommendation?". :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I think it's great that you're trying to find resources for your chosen ELOR writer. I think that it can be a pretty stressful experience for them, and you definitely want to make it a positive one!